Author Topic: Celtics To Unveil Their New Practice Facility On June 19th  (Read 655 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/06/boston_celtics_announce_new_au.html

The Boston Celtics announced plans on Wednesday to officially open their new practice facility on June 19, two days before the NBA draft.

The facility, called The Auerbach Center, is located at Boston Landing at the New Balance World Headquarters. The Celtics' release promised a 70,000 square-foot facility that is "highly visible from the Massachusetts Turnpike." A 40-foot glass wall will surround the practice courts.

The Celtics will have a brief speaking program and photo opportunity on the 19th to mark the opening.

The Celtics expect their new location to help with the recruitment of free agents.

"Having a world class practice facility is key to us continuing to be the organization we want to be," Celtics president Rich Gotham told reporters in 2016, when the team broke ground on the new facility. "It's key to us attracting the kind of talent we want to attract, the key to keeping our talent, but more importantly it's key to getting our guys prepared to win and to win championships."

The facility is expected to include two parquet floors, in addition to lounges, physical therapy areas, and expanded strength and conditioning facilities for the players (and expanded work space for the media).

The Celtics' old training facility was outside the city at Healthpoint in Waltham, a space they occupied since 1999. The team has been in Waltham for 28 years, previously practicing at Brandeis University.

If you live around the Boston area or surrounding cities/towns (like I do), then you've probably seen the area and construction of the practice facility while driving by it on the Mass Pike (near the New Balance headquarters too). It's also next to Warrior Ice Arena which is the Bruins training/practice facility (opened in 2016). Pretty cool to hear it will open in about 2 weeks. Excited to see it and happy for our guys using it going forward. This is a good picture that shows the outside of it (a visual depiction of sorts):

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Celtics To Unveil Their New Practice Facility On June 19th
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 03:47:23 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i drive past that every other week on my data center runs in waltham, it'll also be next to the Bruins practice facility too right? iirc

Re: Celtics To Unveil Their New Practice Facility On June 19th
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
i drive past that every other week on my data center runs in waltham, it'll also be next to the Bruins practice facility too right? iirc

Yep, it's next to Warriors Ice Arena (the Bruins facility)!

I think last year they had some sort of hearing at the practice facility announcing it's construction/development stages (it was still in the middle of construction), though it was also just the day after the Kyrie Irving trade lol (which was the primary topic of discussion that day of course), and I think even during the Hayward recruitment, they took him there and Jaylen Brown was there waiting for him and the other C's organization members.

My dad used to drive by it every day going to work (Mass Pike) though now as a family we just drive by it every other weekend or so (my dad now works IN Boston so he doesn't use the Mass Pike every day now of course).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller