Author Topic: Kyrie Irving i hope winds up in our rafters  (Read 715 times)

Kyrie Irving i hope winds up in our rafters
« on: June 07, 2018, 01:36:38 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Kyrie Irving will be in the Hall of Fame  and he is only 26 and already has hit the buzzer beater game ending shot in 7th game of finals .He has had multiple 30-40 point games against the Warriors in Finals.
He has been a star since being drafted number one and only playing a small amount of games for Duke.
His knee has all the hardware removed and is structurally sound that is the good news.Irving has played in pain for two seasons and is finally liberated.
I truly don't get the haters,whats to hate-

Re: Kyrie Irving i hope winds up in our rafters
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 01:41:36 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Same. He's got one all star as a Celtic under his belt. If he can stay healthy and hit some big shots in the Finals, I'd love to have him around for another 9-10 years, win some rings and end up the second best pg in Celtic history. No reason it can't happen.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 01:48:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Same. He's got one all star as a Celtic under his belt. If he can stay healthy and hit some big shots in the Finals, I'd love to have him around for another 9-10 years, win some rings and end up the second best pg in Celtic history. No reason it can't happen.

Agreed, having someone like him is a huge benefit, not to mention superstars/Allstars love and want to play with him. A luxury that we haven't had in a while. Isaiah Thomas is also another type of player that invites star talent, but Irving is the upper echelon of PG's.

TP's to both. Need some competent optimistic thoughts to fill to the brim for my mind, and less of these LeBron threads lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 01:57:04 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I'd rather it's just his number on a banner that ends up in the rafters.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I'd rather it's just his number on a banner that ends up in the rafters.

Mike

TP for the laugh lol

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 02:12:18 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I hope the whole team ends up in the rafters. I want another 60s-esque dynasty

Tatum should retire with 11 rings
I'm bitter.

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 02:16:08 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
And TP's back at ya all-Kyrie is a basketball savant but on top of that he puts in the work
Irving was so cool giving his father a Celtics jersey,I recently saw a video of a remake/renovation of his fathers and Kyries house with his sisters and Kyries imput.That house had memories they just didn't want to remove and last of all was a blue trophy room his sister had done with all the families old trophies ,Kyrie shed some tears .
It wasn't some mansion, just knocking downs some walls,raising some ceilings but retaining the family atmosphere and memories. Open plan and ready for more.
Here is a story for you, his Dad worked for a brokerage firm in twin towers but had recently quit and going to his new job went through the towers from subway and was caught in middle of the first plane hit and all he could do was think of getting to his kids.
The Boston Celtics were the only team to give his dad a tryout after his career at BU.

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 02:19:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
And TP back at ya-Kyrie is a basketball savant but on top of that he puts in the work
Irving was so cool giving his father a Celtics jersey,I recently saw a video of a remake/renovation of his fathers and Kyries house with his sisters and Kyries imput.That house had memories they just didn't want to remove and last of all was a blue trophy room his sister had done with all the families old trophies ,Kyrie shed some tears .
It wasn't some mansion, just knocking downs some walls,raising some ceilings but retaining the family atmosphere and memories. Open plan and ready for more.
Here is a story for you, his Dad worked for a brokerage firm in twin towers but had recently quit and going to his new job went through the towers from subway and was caught in middle of the first plane hit and all he could do was think of getting to his kids.
The Boston Celtics were the only team to give his dad a tryout after his career at BU.

Which is why I get so confused at how much the bloggers here press the panic button on Irving leaving...

His father Dredrick, his REAL 'father,' not LeBron James, was very happy that Irving came to Boston. He even said that it was a better look for his career aspirations than NYK, and that's speaking volumes.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 02:24:18 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Terrific player and one of Danny's biggest success story trades IMO.

I'm waiting to see if he commits to us or we commit to him long term when contracts are discussed. All this Lebron talk could cause him to move on if he thinks we arent serious about keeping him and our other All Stars.

"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
The debate between Isaiah Thomas and Kyrie Irving is no moreeee.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 02:49:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I like your thinking.  C's active jerseys will have numbers unseen on any other team in 15 years.

TP for the positivity

0 - retired for Tatum
7 - retired for Brown
11 - retired for Kyrie
20 - retired for Hayward
42- retired for Horford

works for me

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 05:25:45 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

Tatum is Russell. Kyrie is Cousy. Brown is Heinsohn. Hayward is Sharman. Smart is Jungle Jim Loscutoff (or Ramsey?). They'll draft Sam Jones with the Sacramento pick next season and John Havlicek with the unprotected Memphis pick in '21. Horford is Bailey Howell but on the front end of the dynasty instead of the back end.

Obviously not positionally accurate, just in terms of importance to the Celtics.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008