Poll

Would you make the trade

Yes give me LeBron please
13 (22%)
No thanks
46 (78%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Poll: Trade Horford, Memphis pick, LA pick for Lebron  (Read 4891 times)

Re: Poll: Trade Horford, Memphis pick, LA pick for Lebron
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 10:45:16 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Would "I" do the trade? I just don't see James playing here. He is what he is and very little of what the Celtics "are" matches with James's program.

Isn't it more constructive to ask if Ainge would do the trade?

One interesting point about the James debate this summer. I think the NBA "told" him to stay in the east.

Why doesn't he play for the Pacers? They have a team.

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
No chance in hell do i go for this if i'm danny.  This would mean a few things

#1 - brad stevens no longer matters - lebron does WHATEVER he wants WHENEVER he wants
#2 - danny ainge no longer matters - lebron DEMANDS input on FO decisions
#3 - our entire team philosophy changes - lebron DEMANDS the ball on almost every play and stifles ball movement.  He becomes the ballhandler on almost every play and turns us into an "iso heavy" team
#4 - kyrie is gone once his contract is up - means the IT trade was utterly worthless as kyrie came here to get AWAY from lebron
#5 - destroys our youth movement for a 1-3 year "window".  The way we are currently constructed, we can compete for 8-10 years.  if you get lebron you HAVE to scrape away alot of that youth to fit him on the team and we don't become appreciably better for 1-3 years but completely throw our rebuild down the toilet and get to do it all over again when he leaves

Signing Lebron would literally be one of the dumbest moves our team could possibly do...

If Lebron wants to win, I do not see him doing this?   No coach has ever bad mouthed Lebron.   Reaching... I still do not do this trade, but your speculation is a wild opinion.

It IS wild speculation....except for the fact he has done this his entire career at every stop.

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 05:58:14 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I dislike LeBron more than most of you guys, but honestly if you wouldn't make this trade you would not make a good GM plain and simple this is a 100% no-brainer you make the trade and win a title this year move.

TP +1

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 06:30:07 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Acquiring Lebron might work...depending on what is going on in his medulla oblongata
(ok, tell me you didn't just picture the movie "Waterboy"...I dare ya! :) )

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 06:35:27 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
We're talking the Clippers and not the Sac pick---?

Yes, of course I would do it....Losing Al would suck, but Theis and Baynes make up for it easily, with LeBron here.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 06:46:06 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I honestly don’t think we would have to give up much more than Horford, definitely not the Memphis pick.  With the 7 teams he wants to talk who is going to top that in a sign and trade?  Most of the teams can only really sign him as a FA, not a sign and trade.

When Lebron did a sign and trade to Miami wasn’t it only 2 late first round picks in return?

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 07:08:47 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Danny might be forced to make this deal---to keep LBJ from Philly.  8)

You'd all be singing a different tune if that happened.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'll get a hell of a lot more satisfaction beating him than joining with him.

Are we that desperate for a ring? I can see Houston selling their souls for a ring, and the Lakers are desperate to be viable again. And honestly...if LeBron went to Philly, I'm not sure they would beat us next year. Simmons without the ball in his hand is useless, and Embiid is very talented but really fragile.

Can we just see the team we built last year play a few games fist?

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2018, 01:34:03 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211

I dislike LeBron more than most of you guys, but honestly if you wouldn't make this trade you would not make a good GM plain and simple this is a 100% no-brainer you make the trade and win a title this year move.

I have to agree here, signing LeBron would mean you don't have to face him. Plus it gives you an even better chance to compete with GSW. I think LBJ will only leave the Cavs for a team he gives a credible chance of winning a title. That means a team that has enough pieces to compete with GSW. Boston is one of a small number of sides that can do that.

I am not sure how Kyrie would feel about it though given his reasons for leaving LBJ.

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2018, 01:38:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Corporate has never beaten LeBron in the playoffs so kind of a no-brainer from that point of view yes we still need to pick up a legit Center but if we keep Baynes and pick up another veteran we should be okay.

LeBron/Baynes/Theis
Hayward/Morris
Tatum/Semi
Brown/Smart?
Kyrie/Rozier

Corporate?

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2018, 01:50:33 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
LeBron made some interesting comments today about the immense role of intelligence when it comes to finding a way to dethrone the Warriors:

"James emphasized, the common thread between recent juggernauts in the Big Three Boston Celtics; or his Heat teams with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh; or the San Antonio Spurs teams led by Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard; or the current Warriors is not the All-Stars, but what's going on upstairs between the ears.

"In order to win you've got to have talent, but you've got to be very cerebral too," James said. "Listen, we're all NBA players. Everybody knows how to put the ball in the hoop. But who can think throughout the course of the game?"

The Celtics organization is full of cerebral people, from the players all the way up through management. You have to wonder if he took note of our playoff run and has finally realized we have the best shot at beating the Warriors. We really should be the logical destination for him, when healthy we can compete for titles WITHOUT him. WITH him we would be near invincible.

Lol, have you been watching our team? ;D

That said, there are a number of problems for Lebron when it comes to potentially pairing him with other cerebral players, imo -

1). Outside of Golden State, there really aren't many cerebral players left in today's game, again, imo.

2). Lebron's style of play means that he's simply not compatible with most of the remaining smart guys, out there, anyway.

3). Most of them tend to be on the older side and/or are close to retiring.

4). Hardly any of these dudes are in desirable locations.

5). Cleveland's payroll is loaded with so many bad contracts that no one wants to take on any of Lebron's friends, even if they're not washed up, lol ;D.

So yeah, have fun with that, broheim, lol ;D.

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2018, 03:11:04 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Corporate has never beaten LeBron in the playoffs so kind of a no-brainer from that point of view yes we still need to pick up a legit Center but if we keep Baynes and pick up another veteran we should be okay.

LeBron/Baynes/Theis
Hayward/Morris
Tatum/Semi
Brown/Smart?
Kyrie/Rozier

Corporate?

Horford spellchecked to corporate

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2018, 03:37:06 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I’m a 20 year Celtics fan through and throughout and have never been any form of Lebron fan whatsoever.  It’s insanity to hate on the idea of Lebron to Boston because he’s been our opponent in the past.  The guy’s fine; he’s grown up, expanded his game and respects the C’s.  I’d rather go for championships, that’s the goal and not the petty how’s my fan pride/ego doing and we need a fairy tale ending of perfection.  You take opportunity as it comes.  How we gonna feel if LA ties us at 17 with Lebron?  Or just as annoying, the warriors win again next year.  I’m sick of it; they need to end.  They stepped over the line first when KD made the lame decision and another super team needs to be made to end their laughing at the rest of us.  I wouldn’t blame Danny at all if he went for it.

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2018, 05:17:27 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I honestly don’t think we would have to give up much more than Horford, definitely not the Memphis pick.  With the 7 teams he wants to talk who is going to top that in a sign and trade?  Most of the teams can only really sign him as a FA, not a sign and trade.

When Lebron did a sign and trade to Miami wasn’t it only 2 late first round picks in return?

I suppose any of the seven teams listed COULD do a sign and trade. It’s just the Celtics only option.

Cleveland got the two picks but only because it was happening anyway. He was going to Miami. It was just a question of do they want the picks or do they want them to sacrifice (more) money or Heat trade players. It was that or nothing for the Cavs.

Same will happen this time around. LeBron will decide where he wants to go. If it’s a team like Boston, Cleveland will have to decide if they want to facilitate a sign and trade for a package Boston will give up, or force him to sign elsewhere for nothing in return. Either way, if he decides he’s leaving, he’s leaving Cleveland. It would behoove them to get something in return, even if it’s salary and a first.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2018, 06:35:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I’m a 20 year Celtics fan through and throughout and have never been any form of Lebron fan whatsoever.  It’s insanity to hate on the idea of Lebron to Boston because he’s been our opponent in the past.  The guy’s fine; he’s grown up, expanded his game and respects the C’s.  I’d rather go for championships,

You would rather go for championships and you want a guy that is 3 and 6 in the finals?   Who is getting older and that record should only get worse.