Poll

Would you make the trade

Yes give me LeBron please
13 (22%)
No thanks
46 (78%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Poll: Trade Horford, Memphis pick, LA pick for Lebron  (Read 4870 times)

Re: Poll: Trade Horford, Memphis pick, LA pick for Lebron
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 05:27:50 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Nope... LeBron can force his way out... why give up 2 picks? If you are willing to move Horford..  he is going LA or houston anyway

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 06:09:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
*Looks at results of the poll*

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 06:09:39 PM »

Offline Th3M2n

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
No chance in hell do i go for this if i'm danny.  This would mean a few things

#1 - brad stevens no longer matters - lebron does WHATEVER he wants WHENEVER he wants
#2 - danny ainge no longer matters - lebron DEMANDS input on FO decisions
#3 - our entire team philosophy changes - lebron DEMANDS the ball on almost every play and stifles ball movement.  He becomes the ballhandler on almost every play and turns us into an "iso heavy" team
#4 - kyrie is gone once his contract is up - means the IT trade was utterly worthless as kyrie came here to get AWAY from lebron
#5 - destroys our youth movement for a 1-3 year "window".  The way we are currently constructed, we can compete for 8-10 years.  if you get lebron you HAVE to scrape away alot of that youth to fit him on the team and we don't become appreciably better for 1-3 years but completely throw our rebuild down the toilet and get to do it all over again when he leaves

Signing Lebron would literally be one of the dumbest moves our team could possibly do...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 06:15:15 PM by Th3M2n »

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 06:19:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
After thinking about it, it would feel pretty disgusting giving up nice guy Al (or anyone) for LBJ
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 06:26:10 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
My question to those posting all these Lebron threads. You think Bird would have wanted Magic in his team?

People complain about sports "selling out". These threads are the fan equivalents.

Bloody sellouts

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
If i only want my team to win titles i can jump to Warriors and i will get one tomorrow and i will get one every year jumping teams.

I want the Celtics to win it within the Celtics way, the Celtics pride, so if Lebron want to bow to Danny and bent his knee to Brad i am on it, otherwise no way i get him

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 07:37:12 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Can we trade the OP?   JK

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 07:44:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

#1 - brad stevens no longer matters - lebron does WHATEVER he wants WHENEVER he wants
#3 - our entire team philosophy changes - lebron DEMANDS the ball on almost every play and stifles ball movement.  He becomes the ballhandler on almost every play and turns us into an "iso heavy" team
#4 - kyrie is gone once his contract is up - means the IT trade was utterly worthless as kyrie came here to get AWAY from lebron
#5 - destroys our youth movement for a 1-3 year "window".  The way we are currently constructed, we can compete for 8-10 years.  if you get lebron you HAVE to scrape away alot of that youth to fit him on the team and we don't become appreciably better for 1-3 years but completely throw our rebuild down the toilet and get to do it all over again when he leaves

Signing Lebron would literally be one of the dumbest moves our team could possibly do...

See that you made good points. Tp.

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 07:55:27 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46

If Lebron wants to win, I do not see him doing this?   No coach has ever bad mouthed Lebron.   Reaching... I still do not do this trade, but your speculation is a wild opinion. 
Diggles

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
have you become unhinged

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Moral of the story folks is don't do drugs.

I hate that this is even a story. Like this is the worst. It's gonna be a brutal month with trade rumors.

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 09:17:50 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't think the chemistry is there for LeBron on the Celtics. He likes to dominate the ball, and is 34 yrs old. At some point soon, he's not going to be able to do what he wants to do on the court.

I think his best bet is to stay in Cleveland. The team is built around him. The Celtics are not built around any one player.

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You think Bird would have wanted Magic in his team?

If Red could have acquired him?  Absolutely.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 10:01:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
You think Bird would have wanted Magic in his team?

If Red could have acquired him?  Absolutely.
Can you imagine that for a second. That would just be unfair on the NBA lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 10:23:15 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
LeBron made some interesting comments today about the immense role of intelligence when it comes to finding a way to dethrone the Warriors:

"James emphasized, the common thread between recent juggernauts in the Big Three Boston Celtics; or his Heat teams with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh; or the San Antonio Spurs teams led by Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard; or the current Warriors is not the All-Stars, but what's going on upstairs between the ears.

"In order to win you've got to have talent, but you've got to be very cerebral too," James said. "Listen, we're all NBA players. Everybody knows how to put the ball in the hoop. But who can think throughout the course of the game?"

The Celtics organization is full of cerebral people, from the players all the way up through management. You have to wonder if he took note of our playoff run and has finally realized we have the best shot at beating the Warriors. We really should be the logical destination for him, when healthy we can compete for titles WITHOUT him. WITH him we would be near invincible.