Poll

Who is the better player?

Steph Curry
27 (79.4%)
Chris Paul
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Curry or Paul  (Read 3445 times)

Re: Curry or Paul
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 01:25:56 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Curry is the better player currently, but I'd take prime CP3 over prime Curry.

Paul could have easily scored as much as Curry had he wanted to, but he was always a more complete and cerebral player.  Curry was just blessed with better teammates and an optimal system to complement his talents.
I highly doubt Chris Paul could ever have scored over 30ppg while still geting 7 assists, over 5 boards and 2 steals a game.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 02:36:42 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Paul could have easily scored as much as Curry had he wanted to, but he was always a more complete and cerebral player.  Curry was just blessed with better teammates and an optimal system to complement his talents.
I highly doubt Chris Paul could ever have scored over 30ppg while still geting 7 assists, over 5 boards and 2 steals a game.

At his peak, Curry is arguably the best offensive dynamo in this games history.
The offense that is receiving regular double teams 40 feet away from the basket is at an enormous advantage. Unprecenteded. For example, the value of (Dray) playing 4 on 3 with the rest of the squad is otherworldly. They won a title and 73 games without KD to back that up with results.
For me, CP can't get in the same conversation, his effect looks much more "human" and with the repeated injuries when it matters the most, it just undermines the difference of their lasting impact.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:13:07 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 01:59:14 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

And in a lot of games that year he hardly played in the 4th quarter, because it was blow out after blow out. Every game you knew you were gonna watch something special. I believe he could average 30 ppg again if Durant wasn't there.