10 (18.9%)
Horford
9 (17%)
He needs to sign for MLE
8 (15.1%)
We don't want him at all
15 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: [Poll]If Lebron wants to come here who do we trade to get him?  (Read 2240 times)

Re: [Poll]If Lebron wants to come here who do we trade to get him?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 01:11:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No one, if he wants to come here, we are not ransoming the farm for an aging vet, who could go downhill any year.  Keep young, stick to our window Ainge built instead of trying to get one or two titles.

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 02:22:22 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
A ''self-proclaimed king''...

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 02:34:21 AM »

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Great player. Not a Celtics.  Never will be.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 03:15:16 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
You'd almost have to trade Hayward. But here's the thing, you're also saying goodbye to Kyrie. He made it clear he wanted separation from LeBron so why exactly would he stay in free agency?

Also I guarantee the bandwagoners who suddenly want LeBron would be on his back when he gets credit for bringing the Cs back to relevance and then again when he leaves 2 summers from now to go to LA and finish his career.

Being the best player in the world doesn't mean you tear down everything to get him, because then you're basically this years Cleveland losing to Golden State... Again

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 05:17:04 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Probably half the farm.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 06:07:11 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Hayward all the way. Crowder is to Hayward as Hayward is to Lebron.

Uggh

Can you imagine if the totality of his Celtics career was a couple of minutes and a nasty bone breaker.

We can say it was a sign he wasn't meant to be here.

Ideally you send Hayward with the 2019 Kings pick to get the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft then sign Lebron for 30 million.

Irving, Brown, Lebron, Tatum, Horford
Rozier, (27), Morris, Theis, (3)
Bird, Nader, Semi, Yab

Imagine adding Bamba and best guard defender at pick 27.

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 06:54:45 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I'd much rather have Kyrie and Hayward and whatever pick we'd lose. We have a team that will contend for years. Lebron will be 34 later this year. He's going to hit a wall soon. And Ainge isn't trading Hayward and running off Irving just to get the most disruptive player in the league.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 07:57:37 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Hayward all the way. Crowder is to Hayward as Hayward is to Lebron.

Uggh

Can you imagine if the totality of his Celtics career was a couple of minutes and a nasty bone breaker.

We can say it was a sign he wasn't meant to be here.

Ideally you send Hayward with the 2019 Kings pick to get the 2nd or 3rd pick in the draft then sign Lebron for 30 million.

Irving, Brown, Lebron, Tatum, Horford
Rozier, (27), Morris, Theis, (3)
Bird, Nader, Semi, Yab

Imagine adding Bamba and best guard defender at pick 27.

omg that is hilariously ridiculous

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 08:13:32 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Not that I want LBJ or I'm hoping he becomes a Celtic but if it were to happen the only logical choice would be Iriving.  Kyrie left Cleveland to get away from Lebron.  Do you honestly think if the C's traded for Lebron Kyrie would sign an extension.  Also, if Kyrie is not committed to signing with the C's and tells management that he wants to test the open market and choose the situation he feels is best for him you know Danny will consider moving him for another star player who is locked up for the foreseeable future.  I'd rather the C's run it back, resign smart and Baynes and draft a bench piece who can shoot.

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'll pass on the LeBron James Legacy tour.

Resign Smart to a reasonable contract if possible, resign Baynes...I'd like to actually see the team we built can play before we do something like that.

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 08:51:47 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
The missing piece to this equation is what contract you get LeBron under.  Right now, he has one year left but can opt out.  Are we getting him at that one year for $35M?  Are we getting him under a new contract?  In the past, he has signed waht are really one year deals with player options for the second.  Is that what we get or do we get a 3-4 year deal (I doubt).

Point is that most of the comments seem to be based on the assumption that he is in Boston for 3-4 years but really he may only be here 1 year.  I don't think we end up trading for him for that reason.  Definitely not just for the one year remaining on his current contract and I see no reason to believe that he would sign a long term contract.

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 09:30:12 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Signing LeBron means you are likely trading Hayward and in essence forcing out Irving. Without those 2, the C's were one game 7 away from the Finals. Adding them, to me, makes them a shoe in for a top 3 team in the NBA and barring anything unforseen, the best team in the East by a large margin.

Cs can stay pat and be contenders next year. Try to re-sign Smart/Baynes. Maybe add an experienced veteran for end of bench guy/mentor for young guys. This team will be contending next year. The championship window is now open.

If LeBron wants to sign for the the MLE, have at it. So basically not happening.

From a pure basketball perspective though, Boston is probably the best situation for LeBron. Stable owners, great GM/coach,  roster with great depth and 2 all stars plus 2 possible all stars.

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 10:41:25 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Signing LeBron means you are likely trading Hayward and in essence forcing out Irving. Without those 2, the C's were one game 7 away from the Finals. Adding them, to me, makes them a shoe in for a top 3 team in the NBA and barring anything unforseen, the best team in the East by a large margin.

Cs can stay pat and be contenders next year. Try to re-sign Smart/Baynes. Maybe add an experienced veteran for end of bench guy/mentor for young guys. This team will be contending next year. The championship window is now open.

If LeBron wants to sign for the the MLE, have at it. So basically not happening.

From a pure basketball perspective though, Boston is probably the best situation for LeBron. Stable owners, great GM/coach,  roster with great depth and 2 all stars plus 2 possible all stars.

This is a good point but you could also make the argument that since the team without Hayward and Irving was that close to the finals, how good would that team be with adding LeBron plus whatever you get for trading Irving to that team.

For sure we need to trade someone, probably Hayward, for LeBron.  Then we trade Irving say for Towns.  So the choice is which pair do you want to add to the team that lost game 7, Irving and Hayward or LeBron and Towns.