Author Topic: Bring Back I.T.!  (Read 2566 times)

Re: Bring Back I.T.!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 02:42:45 AM »

Offline mutineer33

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Feel like the lebron and kahwi threads are covert ways of dissing hayward. Pretty sad that so many fans have no faith in hayward and rather have kahwi or lebron

Agreed. Some of these so called fans cannot possibly be real Celtics fans in any meaningful way. What happened to fan loyalty?  Replaced by random trade flatuations (speculation).  I would much rather cheer for Hayward full recovery than Kawhi the quitter or LeBron (I am the team) James.

LeBron is a great player but I could never root for him, much less imagine him in Celtics Green.

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 02:57:03 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Prime toine would be more valued in this league than before.

He was a man ahead of his time.  Though the wiggle really translates well into any era.

As was Jim O’Brien apparently (ahead of his time - for coaching, not wiggling).

Who do you think taught Walker to wiggle?
Pretty sure Pitino showed Toine how to bust a move.
Now if Jimmy Rodgers was still around that’d be something. That man could teach a wiggle.

Hey now, I know that he might have looked like Krusty the Clown, but don't go picking on my main man J.R., lol ;D. Dude was a genius, imo. If only he'd been given the reigns after the 1983-84 season :'(. Sigh.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 10:19:51 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

He was a man ahead of his time.  Though the wiggle really translates well into any era.

Now if Jimmy Rodgers was still around that’d be something. That man could teach a wiggle.

Hey now, I know that he might have looked like Krusty the Clown, but don't go picking on my main man J.R., lol ;D. Dude was a genius, imo. If only he'd been given the reigns after the 1983-84 season :'(. Sigh.
Bill Fitch school of dancing then perhaps?
Yup

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would be willing to bring back IT. Pairing him and Smart would be perfect, plus it could also give Kyrie the needed rest to endure the 82 game season.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
I would be willing to bring back IT. Pairing him and Smart would be perfect, plus it could also give Kyrie the needed rest to endure the 82 game season.

In all seriousness (I was joking in the OP to divert attention away from Lebron threads), but if Rozier is gonzo, then IT would be kinda fun in that role.  The money and his acceptance of that role might be some hefty obstacles though.
Yup

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 10:37:54 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
If IT could accept a role as a 6th man off the bench?  Absolutely. 

(It ain't happening, though)

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

In all seriousness (I was joking in the OP to divert attention away from Lebron threads), but if Rozier is gonzo, then IT would be kinda fun in that role.  The money and his acceptance of that role might be some hefty obstacles though.

At this point, I don't think IT can complain about his role, nor money. His injuries and his fierce and feisty leadership has deterred from suitors away. He would either play for a terrible lottery team for a better contract with extra cash flow, or go back to the Lakers, where his role would still be in a terrible position. Playing for Stevens would either give him the time to adjust and recover 100%, utilize his strengths and score efficiently in a role in a team where he can play for Sixth Man of the Year award, and boost his resume to earn a better contract next year. He would also be surrounded by close fellow teammates, and benefit from playing alongside Hayward and Horford. Plus he loves the city of Boston. It would truly be a Cinderella story if he came back, won Sixth man of the year, and won the championship.

Although, I think it could also backfire on him, as people will still assume he's doing well in a familiar system/environment. Question marks would still arise if he can ever continue to put up great numbers outside of Steven's offense.

If IT could accept a role as a 6th man off the bench?  Absolutely. 

(It ain't happening, though)

He came off the bench for the Lakers, and will continue to do so if he re-signs there as Magic has stated Ball is the future PG.

I could see him heading to the Magic.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 11:05:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

At this point, I don't think IT can complain about his role, nor money. His injuries and his fierce and feisty leadership has deterred from suitors away. He would either play for a terrible lottery team for a better contract with extra cash flow, or go back to the Lakers, where his role would still be in a terrible position. Playing for Stevens would either give him the time to adjust and recover 100%, utilize his strengths and score efficiently in a role in a team where he can play for Sixth Man of the Year award, and boost his resume to earn a better contract next year. He would also be surrounded by close fellow teammates, and benefit from playing alongside Hayward and Horford. Plus he loves the city of Boston. It would truly be a Cinderella story if he came back, won Sixth man of the year, and won the championship.

Although, I think it could also backfire on him, as people will still assume he's doing well in a familiar system/environment. Question marks would still arise if he can ever continue to put up great numbers outside of Steven's offense.

See!  As long as we're dreaming up scenarios isn't winning the championship with IT as the comeback player and 6th Man of the Year for the Celtics a way better story line than "Lebron joins Celtics.  Celtics win title. Yay."
Yup

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 11:26:24 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

See!  As long as we're dreaming up scenarios isn't winning the championship with IT as the comeback player and 6th Man of the Year for the Celtics a way better story line than "Lebron joins Celtics.  Celtics win title. Yay."

I'm just saying haha.

I would like to bring back IT or AB. But who knows?

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 01:15:00 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
minutes aren't there  :(

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 07:11:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Bill Fitch school of dancing then perhaps?

Lol, TP ;D. Didn't K.C. Jones sing Jazz tunes at a restaurant in the 80s, or something, though, and wouldn't that make him better suited to the role? ;D He has to be good at something, right, ahahahaha? ;D

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 08:12:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
he would make a cute mascot

like a Chia Pet 

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 08:49:36 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
This ship has sailed.

Time to move on.

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:53 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I’d rather have Rondo back ;D
Toine looks like he's still in fighting shape.  (sumo fighting, but still)

Nice! Bring him on!