Poll

Do we really want to add Lebron next season?

NO
31 (50.8%)
Yes
16 (26.2%)
Depends on the price
14 (23%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Just Say No  (Read 3492 times)

Re: Just Say No
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 04:05:15 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I don't see us winning vs the warriors unless Davis or LeBron come here.
I disagree on that.  I think this team will give them a real fight if healthy next year.  Brown and Tatum will be a year improved.  C's can put out a starting 5 that can all score effectively which mean GSW cannot hide their defensive weak links against that unit.  heck, even their top defensive players will have their hands full against that lineup. 

as for adding Lebron, sure, if he comes in for the MLE (hate the idea that it would cost us Baynes but you'd have to be an idiot not to sign Lebron in favor of Baynes).  would not make a S&T to get him unless Danny has Cleveland over a barrel and gives up just minor assets -- Rozier, Yabu, Sac pick.  may have to S&T Smart to use instead of Rozier to make the $ work in a deal if Bron opts in so he can be traded)

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Absolutely not.
Hate him.
I'd throw up

Celtics pride goes a looooooooong way with me and adding Lebron would be a tough pill to swallow.

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 04:06:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I don't believe for a second that we will get him but in a scenario we do, and if it's a sign and trade, Hayward works and i will pull that trade in a heart beat

as much as i want to beat LeBron and GSW, LeBron will have a star or two and very good role players vs his current team. At the end of the day, championships are more important to me

Irving/Brown/Tatum/LeBron/Horford , Smart/Rozier/Morris

that team potentially can win a few chips, again, I don't believe it will happen, but I'd do that in a heartbeat if it means a few more titles and increasing the championship gap between us and the Lakers

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 04:18:48 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Not going to happen and I don't want it to happen. This would be like signing Barry Bonds in the early 2000s when he had a 1.400 OPS in a bid to finally beat the Yankees. I'd rather take my chances with three all-stars, two budding superstars and a deep bench and see what happens.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not going to happen and I don't want it to happen. This would be like signing Barry Bonds in the early 2000s when he had a 1.400 OPS in a bid to finally beat the Yankees. I'd rather take my chances with three all-stars, two budding superstars and a deep bench and see what happens.

Well, we signed Manny.  Does that lessen your enjoyment of the titles? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 04:28:58 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Stephen A Smith reports we will have a talk with Lebron next season about Joining the Celtics.

I am against it because I think it will cost too much in terms of players and he will want the star treatment.
No. Just no. That's just what he thinks. It means absolutely nothing. Can we stop with the fake reports and clickbait titles?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 04:38:22 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
How many times have we faced him in the playoffs?  7, maybe.  He's been the main obstacle in the way or a long time.  I want to beat him, not join him.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 04:43:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I voted NO.

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 04:46:04 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
How many times have we face him in the playoffs?  7, maybe.  He's been the main obstacle in the way or a long time.  I want to beat him, not join him.

Agree.  I could however allow some smiles when a health Durant, Curry, Thompson and Green lose 4-0 by an average of 20 points in the finals...  Warriors greatness depends on great shooting and free flowing vibe, mainly via Curry.  If they are pressured that approach can fall apart fast.

Lebron and Kyrie will never play on the same team again.  If Lebron comes here Kyrie will end up back in Cleveland, with a pick or two, but not the farm (age difference).

Any meeting between Lebron and the Celtics would include Lebron being informed that he is not the coach, and that he has to listen to the coach.

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 04:50:00 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195

Well, we signed Manny.  Does that lessen your enjoyment of the titles?

You know and I know that's not an apples to apples comparison. But yes, in some small way, it does lessen it.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread: Stephen A. Smith is a joke. That guy doesn't deserve one thread, let alone two, about something he just made up.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Is the reason, "you don't want him because you want to beat him" a petty one?

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 05:13:20 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
If you start thinking about the consequences of bringing him here, you have to say no. There is no reasonable way to bring him in that wouldn't destroy much of what the C's have built.

It took some doing to adjust to the carnage of last year's rebuild. This would ruin it for me as a fan. Cleveland wouldn't take a salary dump of role players. Kyrie couldn't stay. Either Al or Hayward couldn't stay. He's going to be 34 and everything would revolve around him. The championship horizon would shorten.

Yuck.

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 05:17:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
[dang]. i thought when i came to the thread that there would be offers of drugs.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Stephen A Smith reports we will have a talk with Lebron next season about Joining the Celtics.

I am against it because I think it will cost too much in terms of players and he will want the star treatment.
No. Just no. That's just what he thinks. It means absolutely nothing. Can we stop with the fake reports and clickbait titles?

I was hoping...

but if you remember, he was the first guy to break the story Lebron and Bosh were going to join forces

and it happened