Author Topic: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer  (Read 12996 times)

Re: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Stylistically it would be interesting to see Lebron transition to a Steven’s team oriented motion offense from a Lebron centric offense with spot up shooters.  It might be good for him as he approaches his mid 30’s. 

If it’s something like Horford’s contract and spare parts it’s tempting.  Put Lebron at the PF spot.  We would be in the driver’s seat for a deal as Lebron could just sign elsewhere like LA, and get nothing back in return.

It doesn’t seem right though having Lebron in a C’s jersey. Lol

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2018, 11:23:24 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I really don't want this to happen.  I get tired of Lebron making the finals every year, but I am not a Lebron hater.  He is an awesome player, one of the best ever. 

But I want us to BEAT Lebron, not get him to join us.

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2018, 12:15:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The more I think about it......

Lebron choices will come down to either Rockets, 76ers or stay put

Reason for Rockets:  CP3 and Harden will make a hard push. Lebron is good friends with CP3.  Morey will push.  D'antoni is the kind of coach that will just shut his mouth and let these three do whatever. ..He also avoids the pressure to be compared to Kobe/Shaq (as Lakers)

Reason for 76ers:   Everyone is betting Griffin will be the teams new GM and for a good reason.  Griffin, Simmons and Embiid will try to entice Lebron to come on board.  While Simmons game may suffer a little,  there are always work arounds.  Take Simmons out early in the 1st quarter, and have him run the point with the 2nd unit.  Rest Lebron so that he is fresh for the playoffs.   Also Simmons gets to learn from the best and the player ideally he needs to try to emulate his game (long term)

Reason to say put:  Wife, Kids don't want to move again.  Already settled.  Lebron focuses on breaking records vs contend for championships

Lebron and KD have a real rivalry going on at the moment.  Lebron won all the important games at the beginning but recently its all KD.   KD not only wants to beat Lebron but crush him/sweep his team. 

Will Lebron stay with the Cavs and become KDs punching bag?

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
If I am the Celtics and they actually have a meeting with him, I would tell him, "This is what we've got; this is what we're willing to do." Honestly, I am not opposed to having him join; however, I don't want to get rid of anything truly significant in order to get him, which as many have pointed out, it obviously would require if we are talking about max deal dollars. With that being said, I would try to pitch a pipe dream scenario and if he takes it, great. If not, thanks for coming in. Offer him the MLE or minimum, whatever. Try to sell him on making a sacrifice for the greater good of winning or whatever. That would add a positive spin in my opinion to his legacy. Do I think he would take it? Absolutely not; nor should he feel obligated to. He is well deserving of a max deal, but it can't hurt to try.

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2018, 12:21:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I really don't want this to happen.  I get tired of Lebron making the finals every year, but I am not a Lebron hater.  He is an awesome player, one of the best ever. 

But I want us to BEAT Lebron, not get him to join us.

it won't happen

If the Celts were healthy this season and GSW swept the CElts or easily beat the Celts in the finals..

i can see Danny do a 180 and adjust the lineup/sacrifice to bring in Lebron

This means stunting the growth of Brown/Tatum.... means Hayward takes a backseat or is traded. Horford possibly traded.  Have to give up on Smart, Rozier (no money) .  Risk losing Kyrie at FA

CBS has to give special treatment for Lebron etc.

Danny doesn't need to press this nuclear button this offseason because he hasn't seen the river card yet

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2018, 12:22:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If I am the Celtics and they actually have a meeting with him, I would tell him, "This is what we've got; this is what we're willing to do." Honestly, I am not opposed to having him join; however, I don't want to get rid of anything truly significant in order to get him, which as many have pointed out, it obviously would require. With that being said, I would try to pitch a pipe dream scenario and if he takes it, great. If not, thanks for coming in. Offer him the MLE or minimum, whatever. Try to sell him on making a sacrifice for the greater good of winning or whatever. That would add a positive spin in my opinion to his legacy. Do I think he would take it? Absolutely not; nor should he feel obligated to. He is well deserving of a max deal, but it can't hurt to try.

What about Irving? you think he will be happy about this

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Stylistically it would be interesting to see Lebron transition to a Steven’s team oriented motion offense from a Lebron centric offense with spot up shooters.  It might be good for him as he approaches his mid 30’s. 

If it’s something like Horford’s contract and spare parts it’s tempting.  Put Lebron at the PF spot.  We would be in the driver’s seat for a deal as Lebron could just sign elsewhere like LA, and get nothing back in return.

It doesn’t seem right though having Lebron in a C’s jersey. Lol

Irving forced his way out of Cleveland. He isn’t going to want to stay here to rejoin LBJ. Simmons had an idea that might work financially and with the Irving issue - Irving to Knicks, various pieces and draft picks to Cavs. Cavs would hate it of course. But what’s their alternative?

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2018, 12:29:44 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Soul Glo
If I am the Celtics and they actually have a meeting with him, I would tell him, "This is what we've got; this is what we're willing to do." Honestly, I am not opposed to having him join; however, I don't want to get rid of anything truly significant in order to get him, which as many have pointed out, it obviously would require. With that being said, I would try to pitch a pipe dream scenario and if he takes it, great. If not, thanks for coming in. Offer him the MLE or minimum, whatever. Try to sell him on making a sacrifice for the greater good of winning or whatever. That would add a positive spin in my opinion to his legacy. Do I think he would take it? Absolutely not; nor should he feel obligated to. He is well deserving of a max deal, but it can't hurt to try.

If he wants a meeting with Boston, I believe the Cs would talk with Kyrie before setting anything up. I really don't think the "friction" between the two was all it was cracked up to be. I have been reading LarBrd's posts concerning this and I tend to agree with his view on this particular subject. I would also let Lebron know what the system in Boston is all about, get his view on it, see if he can take part in it, etc. Let him know you respect him as a player, but as I said in my initial post, "This is what we've got, this is what we can do." If he can't see himself fitting in, then it was nice talking, good luck wherever you end up. Again, I don't think it's an absolute great shot that LBJ comes to Boston, but I don't think it's very close to slim-to-none either. I'm sure he took note of what has been going on with the organization, the talent, the promise, etc. I don't think he is ignoring or not giving it some sort of consideration.

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2018, 12:36:59 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

If he wants a meeting with Boston, I believe the Cs would talk with Kyrie before setting anything up. I really don't think the "friction" between the two was all it was cracked up to be. I have been reading LarBrd's posts concerning this and I tend to agree with his view on this particular subject. I would also let Lebron know what the system in Boston is all about, get his view on it, see if he can take part in it, etc. Let him know you respect him as a player, but as I said in my initial post, "This is what we've got, this is what we can do." If he can't see himself fitting in, then it was nice talking, good luck wherever you end up. Again, I don't think it's an absolute great shot that LBJ comes to Boston, but I don't think it's very close to slim-to-none either. I'm sure he took note of what has been going on with the organization, the talent, the promise, etc. I don't think he is ignoring or not giving it some sort of consideration.

even asking Kyrie prior is a risk....think about it

he left because of Lebron and his diva ways.   

Also asking Lebron to tame his diva/control freak ways and listen to the coach etc.  ....well goodluck with that

IF lebron joins or wants to be recruited by the Celts, he wants to know what they will do for him and not the other way around.  How he will get his max, who will be traded,  if the coach will give him freedom,  the team give him leeway etc.

Can't see this happening with the pieces in place.   IF the Celts were mid tier, with Rivers as still the coach and Danny under the gun to make something happen.  Then yes... i can see management possibly bending/sacrificing for Lebron

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2018, 12:38:21 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Are we sure the sole reason Irving left was because of Lebron? I always felt it was more he hated the toxic front office and that same front office tried to trade him before he heard and ultimately demanded out.

I'm sure there was some tension between Kyrie and Lebron, but I don't think it was massive tension.

Think about it, is it really a coincidence that Ty Lue and Kevin Love had to miss time this season due to stress-related health issues (and pains)? Lebron absolutely hates that FO too but he's also the reason the Cavaliers are even relevant. W/o him, it's like "does that franchise exist?"
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2018, 12:39:15 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Soul Glo

Also asking Lebron to tame his diva/control freak ways and listen to the coach etc.  ....well goodluck with that

IF lebron joins or wants to be recruited by the Celts, he wants to know what they will do for him and not the other way around.  How he will get his max, who will be traded,  if the coach will give him freedom,  the team give him leeway etc.

Can't see this happening with the pieces in place.   IF the Celts were mid tier, with Rivers as still the coach and Danny under the gun to make something happen.  Then yes... i can see management possibly bending/sacrificing for Lebron

If any GM is willing to go into a meeting and take the "this is our thing, this is a team organization, this is our system, and this is what we would do with you, fit you in, etc," approach, it would be DA. They would try their best to lure him (within the confines of what they may be willing to do), but Ainge doesn't seem the type to jump through hoops to appease anyone. I guess we will see what happens this summer.

« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2018, 12:51:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2018, 01:06:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
the Ringer's article on the subject of James in Boston

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

I do not want, in a million years, to trade a 28 year old Hayward or a 26 year old Irving for a 33 year old Lebron that is already 18th all-time in minutes played. It is definitely possible that he falls off a cliff in one of the next two seasons and is barely an all-star player (which is possible for irving and hayward obviously, but a lot less likely). I'm honestly shocked people would consider this (unless somehow Irving made it clear he didn't want to resign here)

« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2018, 01:07:15 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

If any GM is willing to go into a meeting and take the "this is our thing, this is a team organization, this is our system, and this is what we would do with you, fit you in, etc," approach, it would be DA. They would try their best to lure him (within the confines of what they may be willing to do), but Ainge doesn't seem the type to jump through hoops to appease anyone. I guess we will see what happens this summer.
Danny Ainge is one guy you don't mess with, he will trade Lebron's ass out if he shows any  unappropriate attitude 

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2018, 02:17:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Leif: Dwyane Wade to @Chris Mannix and Caron Butler radio show: Doesn’t think LeBron James is looking at teaming up with multiple stars a top priority. Won’t be about basketball. Family being comfortable and happy comes first. – via Twitter