Author Topic: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer  (Read 12997 times)

Re: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I think a starting lineup of Irving, Brown, James, Tatum, and Horford could win three titles.
I think Irving - Brown - James - Tatum - Horford is a better lineup than Steph - Klay - Durant - Green - McGee.

Not to mention, CBS is probably better then Kerr.

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2018, 01:25:54 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I do believe any interest from Boston has to start with talking to Kyrie first, as he is part of the long-term future. However, my idea below is based on two players talking before free agency begins.

I wrote this earlier today in another thread, but it may actually fit better here.

What if LeBron calls Kyrie personally, and asks about his time so far in Boston, especially dealing with ownership, Danny, and coach Stevens. Maybe Kyrie didn't necessarily have an issue with LeBron, but more so the relationship between LeBron and the power that came with "we'll do what ever you want LeBron" attitude that the Cleveland team gave him. After all, it was the Cleveland team that pushed Kyrie aside when the opportunity to sign LeBron was a reality.

What if LeBron just misses playing on a team with other good players and a stable organization, like his time in Miami. And explains to Kyrie that he understands that he (Kyrie) is the leader of the team, and is willing to sacrifice by taking the full MLE.

Obviously, the chances LeBron signing with Boston are slim to none, but it is a fun exercise. I feel that everyone just assumes that LeBron and Kyrie have no relationship anymore and thought that this could be a curious angle of how LeBron might end up in Boston.

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2018, 01:29:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I do believe any interest from Boston has to start with talking to Kyrie first, as he is part of the long-term future. However, my idea below is based on two players talking before free agency begins.

I wrote this earlier today in another thread, but it may actually fit better here.

What if LeBron calls Kyrie personally, and asks about his time so far in Boston, especially dealing with ownership, Danny, and coach Stevens. Maybe Kyrie didn't necessarily have an issue with LeBron, but more so the relationship between LeBron and the power that came with "we'll do what ever you want LeBron" attitude that the Cleveland team gave him. After all, it was the Cleveland team that pushed Kyrie aside when the opportunity to sign LeBron was a reality.

What if LeBron just misses playing on a team with other good players and a stable organization, like his time in Miami. And explains to Kyrie that he understands that he (Kyrie) is the leader of the team, and is willing to sacrifice by taking the full MLE.

Obviously, the chances LeBron signing with Boston are slim to none, but it is a fun exercise. I feel that everyone just assumes that LeBron and Kyrie have no relationship anymore and thought that this could be a curious angle of how LeBron might end up in Boston.

I'm in the camp that LeBron has no ill will to Kyrie, and same goes for Kyrie. But no way in hell is LeBron signing for anything less than a max, and no way could we even accommodate signing him as a free agent. Would have to happen if he's traded.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2018, 01:30:05 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
It's one thing for sure. The team that LBJ wants to join most, is likely to be one that will have him, no matter what cap space they have or what their odds are. It's going to be what James decides, just like about everything in this league nowdays.

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
$28.2 million is the magic number.  Given the cap forecast, the Celtics would need to send out $28.2 million to acquire LeBron in a sign-and-trade.  Hayward is the obvious fit, but that makes me feel dirty.
Zach Lowe in one of his podcasts said if the C's need a big salary for a blockbuster the impression he got would be Hayward not Horford/Kyrie would be the one.  :-X

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2018, 01:31:34 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941

Agreed- This and ownership running it by Kyrie first to get his thoughts on the matter. If Kyrie says no way, then Danny has to nix it in the bud unless he is willing to lose Kyrie without any guarantee Lebron signs with us.

If Kyrie and Lebron did get on the same page and excited about facing off vs GSW yearly together with a better supporting cast then before, then fireworks the likes we have not seen could and would happen. I don't think this is as impossible as we think.

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If LeBron wants to win more titles, his best chance is on a team in the Eastern Conference with superior, younger talent than what he has in Cleveland.  He should be looking to go somewhere that already has a player on the team who can carry a lot of the burden so he doesn't have to do it all he time.  But that player has to also be able to work with LeBron's game when LeBron is running the show.

The trouble is it's hard to find players like that.

Playing alongside Giannis doesn't make much sense, nor does playing with Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid. 

Victor Oladipo has already demonstrated he struggles in a system that keeps the ball out of his hands for long stretches and doesn't let him stay engaged and attacking frequently.

You definitely threw me for a loop with your answer after that. I was convinced that you were making the argument for LeBron to play with Irving and the Celtics. A player that can carry the load and who LeBron can play with? How about Kyrie?

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2018, 01:35:08 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
$28.2 million is the magic number.  Given the cap forecast, the Celtics would need to send out $28.2 million to acquire LeBron in a sign-and-trade.  Hayward is the obvious fit, but that makes me feel dirty.  So I’m going with Kyrie, Morris, and Yabusele.

That said, I’m in the “I’d rather beat LeBron camp.”  He’s eliminated us in 5 of our last 6 playoff series, and I want to slay that dragon.

I too would enjoy slaying the dragon but I also wouldn't mind jumping on his back for the next five years and winning 3 plus titles :) Kind of torn but either way, i can live with the result unless he joins the Warriors or Sixers.

Watch Riley pull another rabbit out of his hat and assemble another super team in Miami again for him- that would be barfable as well.

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2018, 01:37:42 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Another reason for Ainge to try...is to keep him away from Philly.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2018, 01:38:25 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I think he should give Minnesota serious consideration. Maybe a Wiggins for LeBron swap would work for both sides?

Teague / Jones
Butler
James
Gibson / Patton
Towns / Dieng

Still thinks he somehow ends up in Houston with Harden/Paul/Capela...gunna be tough for them to figure that out financially but ultimately it would be good to have another super team like that who can take down the warriors.

« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
$28.2 million is the magic number.  Given the cap forecast, the Celtics would need to send out $28.2 million to acquire LeBron in a sign-and-trade.  Hayward is the obvious fit, but that makes me feel dirty.
Zach Lowe in one of his podcasts said if the C's need a big salary for a blockbuster the impression he got would be Hayward not Horford/Kyrie would be the one.  :-X

Zach Lowe isn’t thinking big enough.  LeBron-Hayward-Brown-Tatum-Horford would pretty much be the pinnacle of positionless basketball. 

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2018, 01:43:35 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Irving back to Cleveland and LBJ to Boston?   

Rozier/Smart
Hayward/Brown
LBJ/Morris
Tatum/Thesis
AL/Baynes   
Diggles

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2018, 01:46:04 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224

Rozier/Smart
Hayward/Brown
LBJ/Morris
Tatum/Thesis
AL/Baynes

Danny Ainge would officially be the most ruthless GM in the history of sports if he pulled the trigger on that. You thought Isaiah Thomas hated Ainge? Imagine if he traded Kyrie BACK to Cleveland. LOL.

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2018, 01:46:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The more you think about it

This is a smokescreen to cause mayham and drama

I hope Danny and Irving dont fall for this

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2018, 01:47:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Rozier/Smart
Hayward/Brown
LBJ/Morris
Tatum/Thesis
AL/Baynes

Brown starts, LBJ is the de facto PG.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes