Author Topic: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer  (Read 12995 times)

Re: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 12:33:57 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
We have Too Much to lose from meeting with lebron. Anyone remember Crowder hated that we told Durant too much about our strategy ?
What?

I don't think any FA pitch is giving away super secret basketball techniques. Mostly because they do not exist.
how would you know? You’re not in the nba and crowder is

Crowder was one of the Celtics who visited with Durant during his free agency in an attempt to lure him to Boston. During the process, Crowder fears the team told Durant too much, and now he has that information at Golden State.

"We were the only team in the NBA to beat (Cleveland and Golden State) on their home court. The only team in the NBA, the Boston Celtics," Crowder told MassLive.com. "We told him that. We played him clips from both games and told him basically the scouting report of how we guarded Steph (Curry) and Klay (Thompson) — our entire game plan, basically. That's what made me mad. We f—ing told him everything we do to beat these guys, and we beat them, and he went and joined them. ...

"Afterward, I was talking to Isaiah (Thomas), like maybe after you sit back, (we) shouldn't have told him everything, but who the f— thought he was going to Golden State, realistically? It was like a slap in the face for us, basically."

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 12:36:18 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We have Too Much to lose from meeting with lebron. Anyone remember Crowder hated that we told Durant too much about our strategy ?
What?

I don't think any FA pitch is giving away super secret basketball techniques. Mostly because they do not exist.
Okay cool.

Let me know when you think my opinion is good enough to discuss basketball. I'll work on my vertical till then.

Anyways scarcasm aside, if you don't think Kevin Durant has access to Celtics/GSW game film I don't know what to tell you.

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 12:36:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/stephen-smith-lists-celtics-one-teams-lebron-james-will-talk-summer

Stephen A. Smith lists Celtics as one of the teams LeBron James will talk with this summer

During a segment on ESPN's "First Take," Stephen A. Smith listed the Boston Celtics as one of the teams he thinks LeBron James will have a conversation with as a free agent.

Smith said, "LeBron James is going to have a conversation with the Cleveland Cavaliers. They can offer him the most, and they are willing to do anything they can to keep him here, etc. etc., and obviously the wife is going to have a major, major say in things. So you got that going on. He's going to have a conversation with Boston. He's going to have a conversation with Philly. Obviously the Lakers. Houston's in the mix as well. They are going to go after him. Make no mistake about it."

"So you got Cleveland, Philly, Boston, Houston, LA, Golden State... I don't think there's anything Miami can do, but obviously because he was there and brought them two championships. Pat Riley made amends with Dwyane Wade, and you know how LeBron feels about D-Wade. Those are all conversations he's going to have. Those are the seven teams."

James has an opt-out clause after this season, which we will certainly exercise. Danny Ainge and the Celtics would have to get very creative if this was indeed an option with their cap situation.

(Insert Isaiah Thomas Twitter Eyeball Emojis)

It is pure speculation at best

If Celts bring in Lebron, Kyrie is out

Celts will be known as a team that cares didly squat about their players ....

Danny is pretty sly, but he cant be that stupid

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 12:43:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
What?

Okay cool.

Let me know when you think my opinion is good enough to discuss basketball. I'll work on my vertical till then.

Anyways scarcasm aside, if you don't think Kevin Durant has access to Celtics/GSW game film I don't know what to tell you.
lol

I mean you aren’t involved in the free agent process, and neither am I, but I can say crowder was there and he says we told Durant our game plan...

Are you saying crowder being mad was uncalled for? Or you think there he might have at least a little justification for it?

From the quote it seems crowder was livid about it

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Crowder was livid they tried to replace him. He was similarly livid when we did replace him with Gordon Hayward. Didn't like the fact that an all-star and MVP respectively were coveted by the C's to upgrade his position. Its fine that he was mad, he's also being petty/silly about that particular complaint.

FWIW Hayward talked about how Brad talked through how they would use him, put him in positions to be better, and how he could get better as part of the FA pitch that landed him.

I imagine all of the "secrets" we spilled to Durant were similar in nature. Showing how the C's would have used Durant to contend for a title. None of it was really secret or sensitive, just part of the pitch.

LBJ has seen every defensive scheme against the P&R that exists, I'm not worried we'd spill some new brilliant scheme Brad just came up with in the shower this morning.

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 12:50:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Kyrie an't sharing with him

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 12:52:47 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
It won't happen.

It would be kind of fun, though, to see how the Forum commenters who call him "LeBum" and "LeBrick" would react to LeBron putting on the green.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 12:54:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
It would be kind of fun to see LeBron come here just to see how the Forum commenters who call him "LeBum" and "LeBrick" would react.
:laugh:

We already saw this with Kyrie, I know my opinion changed on exactly how good he is/was.

:laugh:

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If he stays healthy , he could win 2-4 titles with Boston give the pieces Boston has now , and they don't have to give up nothing to get him , with Lebron no trade clause .

Warriors would get stomped , thtas for sure.  Lebron negates KG and adds some. .

I just can't get my mindaround him WANTiNG to play in Boston

Houston and Boston are his quickest routes to titles .

Lakers will take a while to sort things out .

I don't see him going to GS or Boston

All the screw up that drives him wild with frustration would disappear,on CBS  team.  He has to know this now ....he can't coach and be everything all the time. j

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What does Stephen A Smith know?

Lebum is probably like "Im going to do what?"

Celts have no capspace

Why would you even need CBS then?

Lebron is the biggest hog, I follow no system pre madonna of a player

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 01:04:44 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
This is absolutely a pipedream but you have to take the meeting if you can get one.  For the best player in the world to meet with you I'm sure it goes a long way toward future recruitment.  If LBJ tells other players good things about the C's then it opens up more eyes with players since it's a huge fraternity.  I'm ok with the C's not having a chance I would rather LBJ see what the C's are all about and tell other players for future years that we made need to recruit a FA.

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
One thing is for sure if he signs with GSW, nobody will be able to win a game vs them in the playoffs. Good luck guarding Curry, Durant and James, it would be the most fierce offensive juggernaut in the history of the NBA and from a competitive standpoint,  the league would suffer as a result. It would be beyond All Star team quality.

If he joined us it would be sick as well. Wonder which of Hayward or Horford would go in a sign and trade and which young player they would demand from us- Brown or Tatum or Kings pick?

I still think he ends up in Philly but Danny will try a hail mary for sure, you can count on that. Imagine being a fly on that wall during that meeting.

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 01:13:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
$28.2 million is the magic number.  Given the cap forecast, the Celtics would need to send out $28.2 million to acquire LeBron in a sign-and-trade.  Hayward is the obvious fit, but that makes me feel dirty.  So I’m going with Kyrie, Morris, and Yabusele.

That said, I’m in the “I’d rather beat LeBron camp.”  He’s eliminated us in 5 of our last 6 playoff series, and I want to slay that dragon.

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
What?

I'm sure even a below average NBA coach and his staff can figure out tendencies from watching game footage. Sometimes, it's not just knowing the strategy, but having the players who could execute the game plan. I'm sure, most teams were aware of what coach Stevens was doing, but maybe they didn't have the right pieces to make it work for themselves.

It reminds me of one of Larry Bird's greatest trash talking moments. Where he told Xavier McDaniel out of a timeout, where he was going to get the ball and where he was going to shoot it. Even with that information, the X man still couldn't prevent Larry from scoring on the exact play that was described to him.

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 01:17:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
One thing is for sure if he signs with GSW, nobody will be able to win a game vs them in the playoffs. Good luck guarding Curry, Durant and James, it would be the most fierce offensive juggernaut in the history of the NBA and from a competitive standpoint,  the league would suffer as a result. It would be beyond All Star team quality.

If he joined us it would be sick as well. Wonder which of Hayward or Horford would go in a sign and trade and which young player they would demand from us- Brown or Tatum or Kings pick?

I still think he ends up in Philly but Danny will try a hail mary for sure, you can count on that. Imagine being a fly on that wall during that meeting.

I honestly think the league would lose a lot of money if he went to golden state. The NBA would possibly consider veto-ing the deal under some protection of the league's finance policy. That team would go 78-4 and 16-0 or 15-1 in the playoffs. Just the sheer lost volume of playoff games would cause the league salary cap to decline more than the 2-3 million it did last season.