Author Topic: I wish LeBron would make the choice KD should’ve made  (Read 4304 times)

Re: I wish LeBron would make the choice KD should’ve made
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 10:47:45 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Seems to me Philadelphia fits perfectly in the semi-contender, almost there category.  Why are New Orleans, Portland, Utah, Washington, Minnesota and San Antonio less of contenders than Philadelphia?

This is a great point, and shows the bias in indeed's post.

But with that being said, screw Philly, that's why we don't want LeBron to go there.

Heck ya we're biased against them!  I say it with pride.

I actually see Philadelphia as a sure fire contender with or without LeBron next season, it’s why I omitted them.
A contender for what...making it to the ECF?  They certainly are not a contender to challenge for the title (which is what you're asking of Lebron). 

I think they're a contender to get out of the East next season. I'm expecting pretty dramatic improvement from Simmons, Embiid, Fultz, plus adding another piece with their pick/trade, etc.
Is that what you want lebron to demonstrate though...take a team to the finals?  I mean, he's only done that like, eight times in a row.  Or do you want him to take a team to truly challenge GS?

I want him to challenge GS with a team that is good but not good enough to get to the Finals on their own.

And I disagree that Philly will be surefire contender, and certainly not to win it all.

Vegas has Philly at the 3rd best title odds next season.

Perhaps that additional piece would do it.  Hey, I have an idea.  How about if that additional piece is, say, Lebron?!?

OKAY?!?!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 10:49:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Seems to me Philadelphia fits perfectly in the semi-contender, almost there category.  Why are New Orleans, Portland, Utah, Washington, Minnesota and San Antonio less of contenders than Philadelphia?

But with that being said, screw Philly, that's why we don't want LeBron to go there.

I actually see Philadelphia as a sure fire contender with or without LeBron next season, it’s why I omitted them.
A contender for what...making it to the ECF?  They certainly are not a contender to challenge for the title (which is what you're asking of Lebron). 

I think they're a contender to get out of the East next season. I'm expecting pretty dramatic improvement from Simmons, Embiid, Fultz, plus adding another piece with their pick/trade, etc.
Is that what you want lebron to demonstrate though...take a team to the finals?  I mean, he's only done that like, eight times in a row.  Or do you want him to take a team to truly challenge GS?

I want him to challenge GS with a team that is good but not good enough to get to the Finals on their own.

And I disagree that Philly will be surefire contender, and certainly not to win it all.

Perhaps that additional piece would do it.  Hey, I have an idea.  How about if that additional piece is, say, Lebron?!?

OKAY?!?!
Most people assume that Philly has those odds because of the chance they land James.  The Lakers also have incredibly high odds for what that roster otherwise looks like.  And the Cavs have very low odds if James were to return.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 11:19:04 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Dipo would regress noticeably if LeBron joined Indy.  Same way that Dipo did when playing with Westbrook and that Love did when joining Lebron.

I think this take is wrong. Westbrook and LeBron are very different teammates. They do have some odd similarities (most noticeably, they force teams to play a certain way to maximize their talents), but in terms of play style they're wildly different.

They are, but I think Oladipo would have a similar problem in that he would have to vacillate between being the focal point of the offense (when Bron sits) and being a secondary or tertiary piece in almost every offensive set the team runs.

I get the sense that a lot of 'Dipo's improvement this year was a result of being allowed to be engaged with the offense and having the green light to make decisions and attack pretty much any time he was on the floor.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2018, 11:40:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think Dipo would regress noticeably if LeBron joined Indy.  Same way that Dipo did when playing with Westbrook and that Love did when joining Lebron.

I think this take is wrong. Westbrook and LeBron are very different teammates. They do have some odd similarities (most noticeably, they force teams to play a certain way to maximize their talents), but in terms of play style they're wildly different.

They are, but I think Oladipo would have a similar problem in that he would have to vacillate between being the focal point of the offense (when Bron sits) and being a secondary or tertiary piece in almost every offensive set the team runs.

I get the sense that a lot of 'Dipo's improvement this year was a result of being allowed to be engaged with the offense and having the green light to make decisions and attack pretty much any time he was on the floor.
All about usage with Dipo.  He really wasn't that much a different player, he just saw his usage increase by like 50% making his counting stats all increase.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2018, 11:42:42 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

OKAY?!?!
Most people assume that Philly has those odds because of the chance they land James.  The Lakers also have incredibly high odds for what that roster otherwise looks like.  And the Cavs have very low odds if James were to return.

imo, LeBron should probably stay East, surely the East has improved and it won't be a cakewalk for LeBron anymore even if he joins Philly but what makes philly appealing to LeBron vs staying in Cavs is emerging stars and youth in Embiid, Simmons, Fultz and Saric while having cap room to sign him and surround themselves with lots of shooters like JJ Reddick

I personally prefer him to go to LA, honestly speaking, even if he bolts to LA like most people has been speculating for years with Paul George, sure they are a playoff team but they're gonna have to fight the likes of Houston and the Warriors every year, let them fight to the death and let the Celtics cakewalk to the finals next year

There is so much uncertainty surrounding Toronto now and with Kyrie and Hayward back and an other year in the belt for Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Smart and Theis i honestly won't feat Philly next year (also depends on who they add and their own youth growth).

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2018, 01:11:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
All about usage with Dipo.  He really wasn't that much a different player, he just saw his usage increase by like 50% making his counting stats all increase.

No, he dramatically changed elements of his game. Particularly his finishing at the rim getting more consistent, his midrange pull-up jumper which was previously non-existent, and his off-the-dribble and catch and shoot 3, both vastly improved.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner