Author Topic: I wish LeBron would make the choice KD should’ve made  (Read 4305 times)

Re: I wish LeBron would make the choice KD should’ve made
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 07:56:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
KD is not quite the diva ,  he wants a team , he likes having a real coach and does not mind being coached .

Befon is to selfish and has to being everything ....46 minutes a game ...he must have the game play with tye ball in his hands all the time. ..one man team with some employees to help him.

Lebron has few options because what  he made himself into.

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
OP wanted KD to go someplace else from Boston?

No, I wanted to KD to go to Boston. But remember that was pre-Kyrie and Gordon. But my point is that I want LeBron to go to an up and coming team, like Boston. Not a team that is already a surefire contender like Boston today, or Houston.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 09:47:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Indiana is the spot! George or LeBron would fit in easy.

LeBron playing with Lance would be hilarious.

Also, yeah LeBron on that pacers team would be fun if they could keep dipo, bogs, thad, Lance, Turner, and sabonis.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 11:41:31 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
Seems to me Philadelphia fits perfectly in the semi-contender, almost there category.  Why are New Orleans, Portland, Utah, Washington, Minnesota and San Antonio less of contenders than Philadelphia?

This is a great point, and shows the bias in indeed's post.

But with that being said, screw Philly, that's why we don't want LeBron to go there.

Heck ya we're biased against them!  I say it with pride.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 11:48:11 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Seems to me Philadelphia fits perfectly in the semi-contender, almost there category.  Why are New Orleans, Portland, Utah, Washington, Minnesota and San Antonio less of contenders than Philadelphia?
Yeah, pretty much.  The case the OP is describing fits the sixers to a 't'.

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Something about LeBron as a Laker just looks and feels right. Maybe its because I despise them both so much?

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 01:42:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

But with that being said, screw Philly, that's why we don't want LeBron to go there.

I actually see Philadelphia as a sure fire contender with or without LeBron next season, it’s why I omitted them.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 01:54:23 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

I actually see Philadelphia as a sure fire contender with or without LeBron next season, it’s why I omitted them.
A contender for what...making it to the ECF?  They certainly are not a contender to challenge for the title (which is what you're asking of Lebron). 

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Personally, I don't want LeBron to go to the Sixers because I think it would mess up Ben Simmons's development and make them a lot less fun to watch.

I think Paul George should go there, though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 02:55:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

A contender for what...making it to the ECF?  They certainly are not a contender to challenge for the title (which is what you're asking of Lebron). 

I think they're a contender to get out of the East next season. I'm expecting pretty dramatic improvement from Simmons, Embiid, Fultz, plus adding another piece with their pick/trade, etc.

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I think Dipo would regress noticeably if LeBron joined Indy.  Same way that Dipo did when playing with Westbrook and that Love did when joining Lebron.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2018, 03:32:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think they're a contender to get out of the East next season. I'm expecting pretty dramatic improvement from Simmons, Embiid, Fultz, plus adding another piece with their pick/trade, etc.
Could not disagree more. Philly will likely lose a couple of the veterans they heavily relied upon, and neither of their two stars can really shoot. Regular season team
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Is that what you want lebron to demonstrate though...take a team to the finals?  I mean, he's only done that like, eight times in a row.  Or do you want him to take a team to truly challenge GS?

And I disagree that Philly will be surefire contender, and certainly not to win it all.  Perhaps that additional piece would do it.  Hey, I have an idea.  How about if that additional piece is, say, Lebron?!?

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Could not disagree more. Philly will likely lose a couple of the veterans they heavily relied upon, and neither of their two stars can really shoot. Regular season team
The only veteran they really relied on was Redick.  He'll almost certainly return if they don't sign Lebron or PG13.  Belinelli and Ilyasova were trade deadline pickups so they weren't heavily relied on.  Both of them and Amir are not hard to replace. 

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 10:45:11 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think Dipo would regress noticeably if LeBron joined Indy.  Same way that Dipo did when playing with Westbrook and that Love did when joining Lebron.

I think this take is wrong. Westbrook and LeBron are very different teammates. They do have some odd similarities (most noticeably, they force teams to play a certain way to maximize their talents), but in terms of play style they're wildly different.