Poll

What would you feel more comfortable Trading

Rozier plus king's pick
77 (100%)
Jaylen Brown
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Poll: Rozier plus king's pick Or Jaylen Brown In Bamba trade  (Read 4605 times)

Re: Poll: Rozier plus king's pick Or Jaylen Brown In Bamba trade
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 08:13:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Mo Bamba posted a 3.04 3/4 court sprint, better than Westbrook, Wade and Wall
This guy is a monster

He is a good athlete in some aspects, I bet some high school football players can bench more than him and beat him in arm wresting.  Dude is so skinny that a guy just needs to a get a low base and push him out of position and mark my words he will struggle with that until he gets some strength for a few years.

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 08:19:13 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Mo Bamba posted a 3.04 3/4 court sprint, better than Westbrook, Wade and Wall
This guy is a monster

He is a good athlete in some aspects, I bet some high school football players can bench more than him and beat him in arm wresting.  Dude is so skinny that a guy just needs to a get a low base and push him out of position and mark my words he will struggle with that until he gets some strength for a few years.
He's not that weak though, more wiry than anything. He's heavier than AD, Nerlens Noel and KG all were at 18-19, so I'm confident he can put on weight similarly to those guys.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 08:33:16 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
You really have to be sold on Bamba to pull off a Brown for Bamba swap. There are some pros to it I know but can't imagine having to make that choice 

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wouldn't want to do either, but if a deal was inevitable, do we think that Rozier could take over Brown's spot at SG? It seems his length on defense and outside shooting ability would allow him to do so (we had AB as our SG for years).

If Danny were ever to consider such a move in trading JB, he would have to be pretty sure that we were hanging on to Rozier and probably Smart, too.

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 08:45:12 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wouldn't want to do either, but if a deal was inevitable, do we think that Rozier could take over Brown's spot at SG? It seems his length on defense and outside shooting ability would allow him to do so (we had AB as our SG for years).

If Danny were ever to consider such a move in trading JB, he would have to be pretty sure that we were hanging on to Rozier and probably Smart, too.

I think the defense loses a lot if Brown gets trades.  Remember Lebron exploiting Rozier guarding him?  Now imagine if you've got both Rozier and Kyrie in the starting lineup. 

We should be trying to get more "positionless" defenders, not fewer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 08:47:21 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

With the 2 guards that are dominating the league right now - Harden, DeRozan, Klay, Oladipo, Beal, Butler etc. - I would not be comfortable at all with Rozier at the 2.

I'd be completely comfortable moving Rozier & the Sac pick for Bamba
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 08:55:15 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'm open to any deal that involves Rozier and picks.  No way do I trade Brown.  There is too much value in having a steady rotation of athletic wings who are two-way players.  Bamba would be great but I don't value his potential to the point of sacrificing the versatility of our current roster.  If anything Bamba is more like the icing on the cake.

We also can't take health for granted when it comes to Hayward and Kyrie.  Imagine if we dealt Jaylen and then one of those two had a setback.       

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:18 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I really don't get the obsession with Bamba. There seems to be a misconception that he can shoot.

I also don't trust that sprint time. Any time that short is suspect. I don't believe that was done at the combine. Perhaps he was timed at his Chicago workout. If it was just an assistant coach with a stop watch, unless he repeated it, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I will agree he seems quick, but whether he can contain a guard on the perimeter is another matter.

In college, he looked like a quality role player. He's got athleticism, so he can grow as a player, but the other bigs in this draft have shown more so far.

There is a huge difference between trading for #5 and #9. I'd rather go for Wendell Carter as a more realistic target.

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:18 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The Dallas Mavericks are expecting to retain their pick at No. 5 in this year's draft.

"I don't think we'll look to trade out of the draft," said Donnie Nelson. "We're excited about the young nucleus with Dennis Smith, and obviously Harrison (Barnes) kind of grabbing the torch and providing the leadership role that Dirk (Nowitzki) has provided over the years. We're excited about getting another young, impact guy we can add to the mix."

Nelson also commented on getting the No. 5 pick.

"It is what it is," said Nelson. "The good news is there are a number of players that are in there that we feel really, really good about. Everyone pretty much has (Deandre) Ayton at the top of the food chain, and then after that there's a good chunk of players that goes certainly past five, well past five, that we feel really really good about."

Yeah you know that means pretty much nothing. Brown is definitely better than any of those guys available at 5 just a question of do they want him or not.
and there you go.  you answered your own question. 

why would you suggest trading a player you've just acknowledged is better than anyone available in this draft for someone in this draft? 

Rozier and the Sac pick?  sure,  provided we know we're committing to Smart as the backup PG going forward regardless of the price.  I'm not sure that's the best move but we can't have Shane Larkin as our primary backup PG and expect to win a title.  the free agent PGs are looking like a thin list in terms of quality of those that may actually switch teams to come here.

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2018, 09:09:15 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Not a huge fan of Bamba and definitely wouldn't give up Jaylen for him. Jaylen, at the age of 21, is already an 18 and 5 guy who shoots 40% from deep and plays solid D. You don't just give up on those guys for the unknown.

Players like Bamba worry me because you look at a similar player in Rudy Gobert and how his presence at times hurt the Jazz offensively in the playoffs. Like it or not, players like him are being phased out of todays game. I don't know if that trend will continue, but for right now i'd much rather an athletic shooting wing like Jaylen.

As far as dangling the Rozier pick with the Kings pick to move up, i'm all for it. Nothing I've seen about the 2019 draft class impresses me and I think there are plenty of versatile bigs towards the top of this draft worthy of targeting...I know I sound like a broken record but Wendell Carter is a phenomenal basketball player. His game is well rounded, he can guard on the perimeter, and hit outside shots. Arguably, he was more crucial to Dukes success than Bagley this past year. I don't think he'll slip pass Chicago at 6 but what about this trade...

BOS gets: 6th pick (Carter)
CHI gets: 12th pick, MEM 2019 pick or 2019 SAC pick if MEM pick does not convey
LAC get: Terry Rozier & Guerschon Yabusele

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not a huge fan of Bamba and definitely wouldn't give up Jaylen for him. Jaylen, at the age of 21, is already an 18 and 5 guy who shoots 40% from deep and plays solid D. You don't just give up on those guys for the unknown.

Players like Bamba worry me because you look at a similar player in Rudy Gobert and how his presence at times hurt the Jazz offensively in the playoffs. Like it or not, players like him are being phased out of todays game. I don't know if that trend will continue, but for right now i'd much rather an athletic shooting wing like Jaylen.

As far as dangling the Rozier pick with the Kings pick to move up, i'm all for it. Nothing I've seen about the 2019 draft class impresses me and I think there are plenty of versatile bigs towards the top of this draft worthy of targeting...I know I sound like a broken record but Wendell Carter is a phenomenal basketball player. His game is well rounded, he can guard on the perimeter, and hit outside shots. Arguably, he was more crucial to Dukes success than Bagley this past year. I don't think he'll slip pass Chicago at 6 but what about this trade...

BOS gets: 6th pick (Carter)
CHI gets: 12th pick, MEM 2019 pick or 2019 SAC pick if MEM pick does not convey
LAC get: Terry Rozier & Guerschon Yabusele
so your proposal is to give up Rozier AND Yabu with either the Memphis pick (which is lottery protected) or the Sac pick (which WILL be a lottery pick) for one pick further back than the Dallas pick? 
no thanks.

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2018, 10:54:06 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Wow, 46-0. I don't think I've ever seen a poll that was 100% with so many people having voted.

Mike

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm not trading Brown for a draft pick, unless I think its an Anthony Davis no brainer type of star at that pick. (and that sort of pick would not be traded)

He's shown too much growth in two years to move him now for anything but an established player. (or a crazy overpay)

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2018, 10:59:49 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Wow, 46-0. I don't think I've ever seen a poll that was 100% with so many people having voted.

Mike

Yeah, I hope Jaylen is reading this thread. Rozier is a very good player and that SAC pick has decent potential to be at least #5. I am a Jaylen fan, but didn't think the poll would be a shutout.

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2018, 12:24:48 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
The only deal I'm sending Brown away for, is in one to acquire KAT!  That's how much I like Brown.  Nothing else can get him from me.....
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."