Author Topic: Marvin Bagley?  (Read 1215 times)

Marvin Bagley?
« on: June 04, 2018, 05:22:22 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I have been thinking a lot about this years draft and about the possibility of moving up. My draft binkie has been Bamba for a while now, but since the news came out that the celtics are interested in him, I'm not so sure anymore that he is the target (danny doesn't show his hand) ;D
 So what if Bagley is the real deal? What if he is a Tatum like prospect? He would definitely fit perfectly in our lineup with his versatility and rebounding skill. He has been the top prospect in his class, but it looks like he will be available at 3 or even 4 eventhough he lived up to all the hype.
So the next part hurts.. I really love jaylen brown and realise that he forms a great duo with tatum, but if I had to make a decision I would trade him to his hometown atlanta for pick 3.
Am I crazy? Jaylen definitely looks like an all star in the making, but Bagley could be even better and would fit this team way better.
And we could possibly draft a replacement for brown in the 2019 draft with the kings pick  (Barret, Reddish, Williamson, Langford)

Kyrie-Hayward-Tatum-Bagley-Horford?

Is it a risk you would take?
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

Re: Marvin Bagley?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:30:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is he related to John? ;) ;D

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I don't understand how people repeated fall into the same trap...

Take a look at every draft you've ever lived and tell me what percentage of players got to where Jaylen Brown is RIGHT NOW.

We got really lucky in the draft 2 years in a row... don't push your luck. There are far more Darkos than Jordans. The only way Brown gets moved is for a proven star. He's not getting shipped out for a draft pick... especially on a contending team.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 05:40:22 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'll take the bird in the hand.  I'm not trading Brown for an unproven player.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 07:05:42 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I'll take the bird in the hand.  I'm not trading Brown for an unproven player.

This.