Author Topic: The idea of Boston going after LeBron is insane, but it's not THAT insane  (Read 7802 times)

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
he has a no trade gig .   

He will set up his OWN destiny ,   Cavs will have little to no say in what happens ...until James tells them they DO have a say ...

Problem with James is his one year contracts

He needs t sign with Team , GM , coach and program , buy in and act like he wants to be part f something .

Sure the Cavs have a say. Lebron may not be able to "set up his own destiny", at least not with a max contract, without CLE's help. An inability to do a sign and trade would eliminate a lot of teams that Lebron might want to go to, some of which can offer very little to CLE in return.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I guess I'm insane. I want to beat Lebron, not see him bring his ring-chasing talents to Boston. Especially not at the cost of one of our core players.

Yeah, I totally understand not ruining a good thing, but in the end, you play for championships. With GSW showing no signs of slowing down, it is still going to be an uphill battle moving forward.

If signing or trading for Lebron would *guarantee* a championship, then you do it - even at the cost of a core player (I prefer to trade someone like Horford rather than Tatum, obviously). You should consider yourself lucky if your team wins a championship more often than once every 30 years. As much as I hate Lebron, I hate the idea of the Lakers eventually overtaking us for titles more.
There is no guarantee of a title with anyone.

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be that satisfied with a title if Lebron brought it. It would feel cheap. Not real.

GSW is slowing signs of slowing down. Something is off with them. They'll beat CLE, but as we saw in the EC playoffs, CLE isn't very good. If CP doesn't get hurt or HOU didn't go stone cold in game 7, GSW would already be out. They'd have lost game 1 if the Cavs didn't go brain dead the last 10 seconds. I don't know if it's injuries or locker room or what, but they're not the same team they were a year ago.

IMO, the league is about to open up and we're in a near-perfect position to battle for titles.

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
say Lebron can retain all-star level until 41 if he signs MLE and take care his body

He can potential have 11 rings(more realistc, 8 ) at age of 41, that's MJ and Kobe combined, may even takeover Russell and be the player with most rings ever when he retire, and by then there will not even be a debate who is the goat.

think how that will have help his legacy and business

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 11:43:39 PM by playdream »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Another trade Hayward/horford thread.

Please just everyone stop.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
say Lebron can retain all-star level until 41 if he signs MLE and take care his body

He can potential have 11 rings(more realistc, 8 ) at age of 41, that's MJ and Kobe combined, may even takeover Russell and be the player with most rings ever when he retire, and by then there will not even be a debate who is the goat.

think how that will have help his legacy and business
Lebron won't be all star level at age 41. This isn't golf.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
There's no fun in winning championship with the best in the world. I'd rather beat the best than join them. I don't mind having top 10 players as a supporting cast, but definitely not top 3.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Sure is playing at a great level now, but one can see that it is taking more effort.

Just out of curiousity, I did a news search in google and I saw two articles both written from guys with Boston ties, so I don't think it really outside the Boston area.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 06:55:14 AM by Celtics4ever »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
There's no fun in winning championship with the best in the world. I'd rather beat the best than join them. I don't mind having top 10 players as a supporting cast, but definitely not top 3.

Hmmmm... Are you sure? Many if not  most of the banners hanging in the garden were won with at least one top3 player

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
   It's a blog pipedream but makes for great discussion, no doubt.

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I proposed this idea 13 months ago.
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=91403.0
Boston always was his best endgame, but I don't want him here. It would diminish Danny's best rebuild ever and the players that are currently on the roster.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Hmmmm... Are you sure? Many if not  most of the banners hanging in the garden were won with at least one top3 player

Yeah, but they are homegrown talent, not bought. Big difference.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
   It's a blog pipedream but makes for great discussion, no doubt.
"dream"? I consider it a nightmare. I detest Lebron. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

I wouldn't want Westbrook or Durant either.

Lebron's not a Celtic and never will be. It would feel like we rented a car for a few days.

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
What if LeBron calls Kyrie personally, and asks about his time so far in Boston, especially dealing with ownership, Danny, and coach Stevens. Maybe Kyrie didn't necessarily have an issue with LeBron, but more so the relationship between LeBron and the power that came with "we'll do what ever you want LeBron" attitude that the Cleveland team gave him. After all, it was the Cleveland team that pushed Kyrie aside when the opportunity to sign LeBron was a reality.

What if LeBron just misses playing on a team with other good players and a stable organization, like his time in Miami. And explains to Kyrie that he understands that he (Kyrie) is the leader of the team, and is willing to sacrifice by taking the full MLE.

Obviously, the chances LeBron signing with Boston are slim to none, but it is a fun exercise. I feel that everyone just assumes that LeBron and Kyrie have no relationship anymore and thought that this could be a curious angle of how LeBron might end up in Boston.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

KG was arguably a top 3 player (he did finish 3rd in MVP his 1st year in Boston).  I'm sure you enjoyed that title.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Were you hoping that Durant didn't sign the Celtics, when they were making their free agent pitch? I don't know about you, but I certainly wanted Durant in Boston.