Author Topic: Lebron Should Team Up with Anthony Davis in N.O.  (Read 2199 times)

Re: Lebron Should Team Up with Anthony Davis in N.O.
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 04:47:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I hope not. LeBron does not know how to play with high level bigs. Both Bosh and K-Love suffered from having LeBron dominate the ball the way he does. Anthony Davis deserves better. He deserves to find his own way in the league instead of having his game stunted by LeBron.
i agree that lebron doesn’t know how to play with bigs. Don’t forget to add Shaq to the list.  Shaq was useless on the Cavs lol
Shaq was useless because he was 37 and always injured.
thats not true.  3 years later he was killing it with rondo and the big 3 we had win streaks with Shaq playing on the Celtics. He was poorly utilized on the Cavs 

You seriously think anything would have been significantly different on the cavs? The eye test fails. Lebron can’t play with bigs. He makes them stand at the 3 pt line like they’re ray allen

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 04:50:16 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Not a bad idea
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I hope not. LeBron does not know how to play with high level bigs. Both Bosh and K-Love suffered from having LeBron dominate the ball the way he does. Anthony Davis deserves better. He deserves to find his own way in the league instead of having his game stunted by LeBron.

I think Lebron and AD would figure it out pretty quick. That tandem would be favorites to give Warriors and Celtics headaches. Davis and Lebron alone are a handful.  It would be a very tough tandem.  Don't know why he wouldn't at least look into the option. Would imagine Davis would welcome it.

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
i agree that lebron doesn’t know how to play with bigs. Don’t forget to add Shaq to the list.  Shaq was useless on the Cavs lol

While I agree, Lebron and Davis could potentially work very well, together, imo, primarily owing to The Brow's severe lack of a post game that would *gasp* somehow get in Lebron's way on the court, anyway ::). James would just spend much of the game tossing lobs and hitting Davis for pick-and-pop jumpers, imo, whereas with someone like Cousins he'd have to be willing to give the ball to Boogie on the block and let him go to work, thereby messing with his on-court chi ;D. I think ;D.

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 05:55:06 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
The odds are of course incredibly low, but if New Orleans facilitated a Cousins sign-and-trade, the team getting Cousins and New Orleans could both send things to Cleveland.  DMC’s outgoing salary would count at about $21.6 million, so New Orleans would only have to send out another $6.6 million or so (maybe a bit more to keep under the hard cap — I’m doing his from memory).  S&T’s are difficult, as are three-way trades, and double S&T’s even more difficult.  But teams find ways to get things done sometimes.

I don’t see LeBron winding up in New Orleans, but it’s less impossible than some of the other locations people seem to wonder about.  If you think Miami is a possibility (as Vegas does) then heck yes New Orleans can happen from a cap perspective.

I think if LeBron picked the Pelicans in "the decision 2.0," this wouldn't be that low of odds. They'd figure out a way to sign him using your approach. The Pelicans also have a bunch of expiring contracts as assets to teams that missed out on the 2018 free agency that can try again in 2019. They could package those contracts along with their picks & picks from the team that gets Cousins to get decent equity to all teams involved.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:04:44 PM by Erik »

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 06:21:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Most places he goes , especially the Lakers will not be an instant  title the same year he arrives.  2-3 project .

Maybe Houston could get a title year #1 with Brony ,  not thinking 76 's is a first year title .

Rondo and Bron would be the same as IT and Bron.......Bron wants the ball in his hands to make the play......if Rondo stands there and dribbles ....Bron will pout and walk off ......he is alpha stud , everybody must submit to his author I. tie

Im amazed Cavs can't bring in some stars , CP3 and George to Cleveland .   They are already buried with contracts ,  might as well go for it.

Cavs already have the nothing yes man coach Lebon needs to  get along ...be amenable with.  Why not bring stars to Clevland ....trade off Love