Author Topic: Lebron Should Team Up with Anthony Davis in N.O.  (Read 2201 times)

Lebron Should Team Up with Anthony Davis in N.O.
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:16:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Seems like this would be the ideal partnership, between two elite players, whose positions don't overlap.  I realize there are salary cap issues to consider, but this makes so much sense on every level, I can't imagine Lebron would not at least consider signing up with them.

What would NO have to do to free up cap space? could it be done without losing Holiday?

OR would it have to be structured as a sign and trade?

Re: Lebron Should Team Up with Anthony Davis in N.O.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 12:31:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Do they even have capspace? And I can't see Lebron and Cousins getting along.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:33:32 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
It would have to be a sign and trade, and what could the Pelicans possibly give the Cavs that would make that worthwhile for the Cavs to do it?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Do they even have capspace? And I can't see Lebron and Cousins getting along.

Cousins is a free agent so irrelevant.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 12:41:13 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
It would have to be a sign and trade, and what could the Pelicans possibly give the Cavs that would make that worthwhile for the Cavs to do it?

Better than nothing if he threatens to sign with Philly or Lskers. He could use that as leverage no?

Holiday and picks I guess.

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Better than nothing if he threatens to sign with Philly or Lskers. He could use that as leverage no?

The Cavs might very well be better off not taking on crap and letting him go for nothing then straddling their team with bad contracts. 

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 12:46:24 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Yeah, no, not better than nothing.  In today's day and age, dropping the salary (even in this case) is often better than getting players back that won't take you anywhere.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
I want him to sign there just because "LeBrondo" could be the best nickname ever given to a duo...

Rondo
Holiday
LeBron
Mirotic
Davis

with Clark, Moore, Okafor, Hill off the bench...

that team could be a problem.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The odds are of course incredibly low, but if New Orleans facilitated a Cousins sign-and-trade, the team getting Cousins and New Orleans could both send things to Cleveland.  DMC’s outgoing salary would count at about $21.6 million, so New Orleans would only have to send out another $6.6 million or so (maybe a bit more to keep under the hard cap — I’m doing his from memory).  S&T’s are difficult, as are three-way trades, and double S&T’s even more difficult.  But teams find ways to get things done sometimes.

I don’t see LeBron winding up in New Orleans, but it’s less impossible than some of the other locations people seem to wonder about.  If you think Miami is a possibility (as Vegas does) then heck yes New Orleans can happen from a cap perspective.

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
CP3 was a former New Orleans player, and he's an impending FA AND Lebron's friend.

How about a sign and trade for CP3 (with Holiday going to Houston), and then find a way to land Lebron.

Not too shabby...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 01:03:42 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
The odds are of course incredibly low, but if New Orleans facilitated a Cousins sign-and-trade, the team getting Cousins and New Orleans could both send things to Cleveland.  DMC’s outgoing salary would count at about $21.6 million, so New Orleans would only have to send out another $6.6 million or so (maybe a bit more to keep under the hard cap — I’m doing his from memory).  S&T’s are difficult, as are three-way trades, and double S&T’s even more difficult.  But teams find ways to get things done sometimes.

I don’t see LeBron winding up in New Orleans, but it’s less impossible than some of the other locations people seem to wonder about.  If you think Miami is a possibility (as Vegas does) then heck yes New Orleans can happen from a cap perspective.

Great to have you back.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 01:27:45 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I had to look it up but Holiday 4 more years at $26M, wow.  No way that anyone is going to take that back in a trade.

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 04:34:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I hope not. LeBron does not know how to play with high level bigs. Both Bosh and K-Love suffered from having LeBron dominate the ball the way he does. Anthony Davis deserves better. He deserves to find his own way in the league instead of having his game stunted by LeBron.

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 04:42:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I hope not. LeBron does not know how to play with high level bigs. Both Bosh and K-Love suffered from having LeBron dominate the ball the way he does. Anthony Davis deserves better. He deserves to find his own way in the league instead of having his game stunted by LeBron.
i agree that lebron doesn’t know how to play with bigs. Don’t forget to add Shaq to the list.  Shaq was useless on the Cavs lol

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 04:46:18 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
i agree that lebron doesn’t know how to play with bigs. Don’t forget to add Shaq to the list.  Shaq was useless on the Cavs lol
Shaq was useless because he was 37 and always injured.