Author Topic: Warriors irked over Kendrick Perkins incident with Stephen Curry  (Read 4066 times)

Re: Warriors irked over Kendrick Perkins incident with Stephen Curry
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 12:08:04 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
So how exactly was people picking sides here without seeing the video evidence? 

The video evidence is linked in the first post.  What do you mean?

I see a guy not bothering to tuck in his feet, while all his other team-mates near the play are.  Surprised you don't think that's annoying.  If a Celtic incurred a high ankle sprain from this, wouldn't that bother you?

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 12:09:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I see a guy not bothering to tuck in his feet, while all his other team-mates near the play are.  Surprised you don't think that's annoying.  If a Celtic incurred a high ankle sprain from this, wouldn't that bother you?

Nope.

Why should a Celtics player be walking backward, slowly, into the opponents bench?  And why should he expect not to trip?

I might feel differently if Curry was pushed, or going full speed.  But, he was fully in control of his body, invading the Cavs' space.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'm not sure I could love a player more than Perkins...

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 12:24:12 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Nope.

Why should a Celtics player be walking backward, slowly, into the opponents bench?  And why should he expect not to trip?

I might feel differently if Curry was pushed, or going full speed.  But, he was fully in control of his body, invading the Cavs' space.

There are so many genuine basketball situations where I guy can badly sprain his ankle out of bounds, such as a fall away jumper.  I wonder if Perk moves his feet then. I doubt it.

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2018, 12:29:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Nope.

There are so many genuine basketball situations where I guy can badly sprain his ankle out of bounds, such as a fall away jumper.  I wonder if Perk moves his feet then. I doubt it.

He might, he might not.  But that's a different debate.

We can only judge Perk and Curry on what happened.  Steph carelessly strolled backward into Perk's legs, while he was on the bench.  That's Curry intentionally invading Perk's space, and he's got no duty to concede that space to Curry.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 12:40:59 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Nope.

He might, he might not.  But that's a different debate.

We can only judge Perk and Curry on what happened.  Steph carelessly strolled backward into Perk's legs, while he was on the bench.  That's Curry intentionally invading Perk's space, and he's got no duty to concede that space to Curry.

I agree. I mean, when did regularly running out of bounds in front of the opponents bench become a thing anyway? If you run in front of the opponents bench your asking for trouble. The fact that people think Perk or anyone else should move to accommodate an opponent who runs in front of their bench unforced, is absurd.

The wussification of the NBA knows no bounds

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 12:49:44 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

And the fact that it was out of bounds is relevant how exactly?  Guys can hurt other guys out of bounds too you know.

Curry is walking backward into the Cavs bench.  Why is it their responsibility to move, rather than Curry's responsibility to not be careless?
My bad, clearly I missed it.  After watching it, it was more gamesmanship than anything else.  Curry actually getting hurt was highly unlikely.

But I completely disagree with people thinking Perk should not have moved under any circumstances.  Had curry been landing (for instance), and Perk did not move, that definitely would have been dirty.

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2018, 01:00:19 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

And the fact that it was out of bounds is relevant how exactly?  Guys can hurt other guys out of bounds too you know.

Curry is walking backward into the Cavs bench.  Why is it their responsibility to move, rather than Curry's responsibility to not be careless?
My bad, clearly I missed it.  After watching it, it was more gamesmanship than anything else.  Curry actually getting hurt was highly unlikely.

But I completely disagree with people thinking Perk should not have moved under any circumstances.  Had curry been landing (for instance), and Perk did not move, that definitely would have been dirty.

Wait, you actually think it's the responsibility of the player sitting on the bench minding his own business to get out of the way of a player that comes crashing into the opponents bench area?

That's nuts. Curry had no business being there. Either control your body better, or stay the heck away from the opponents bench. Perk, nor any other player has a responsibility to move a muscle. They have the right to that space, the opponent does not.

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 01:04:59 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Wait, you actually think it's the responsibility of the player sitting on the bench minding his own business to get out of the way of a player that comes crashing into the opponents bench area?

That's nuts. Curry had no business being there. Either control your body better, or stay the heck away from the opponents bench. Perk, nor any other player has a responsibility to move a muscle. They have the right to that space, the opponent does not.
I think if a player, in ANY situation, can reasonably prevent another player from getting hurt (without compromising his own health), he should do it.  Is that crazy?

And what this out of bounds, sitting on the bench minding his own business thing have to do with ANYTHING?  The line is right next to the bench.  Players sometimes fall in that direction.  So what?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:14:31 PM by droopdog7 »

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2018, 01:12:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think it if player, in ANY situation, can reasonably prevent another player from getting hurt (without compromising his own health), he should do it.  Is that crazy?

And what this out of bounds, sitting on the bench minding his own business thing have to do with ANYTHING?  The line is right next to the bench.  Players sometimes fall in that direction.  So what?

The bottom line is the players on the bench do not have to move out of the way for a player that comes crashing into the bench. It's your own responsibility to stay in control of your own body. If you can't, too bad if you get hurt, that's your own fault.

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I think if a player, in ANY situation, can reasonably prevent another player from getting hurt (without compromising his own health), he should do it.  Is that crazy?

Agree.  Just because you're not legally obligated to move or help him, doesn't mean you shouldn't help someone.  Sheesh.  That's like refusing to get up in the stands when someone is trying to get out of your row.  It's just common decency.  Even in a competitive environment.

On a side note.  What on earth is Perk doing still collecting a paycheck.  The guy is several years removed from having any real purpose on an NBA team (besides having his long legs get in the way of opponents apparently).  I guess as long as someone is willing to keep paying him millions why refuse it.
Yup

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Does that include curry purposely running into opponents sitting on the bench

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I got confused for a second thinking that Perk actually got off the bench. This whole thing is hilarious.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2018, 01:42:22 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Lol media already comparing Perkins to Zaza, who's trying to take out Curry the same way Zaza took out Kawhi Leonard.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 01:58:26 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Does that include curry purposely running into opponents sitting on the bench
I already called what happened on THIS particular play gamesmanship by Perk and have no issues with it.