Author Topic: How long do you expect this Warriors dynasty to last?  (Read 4385 times)

How long do you expect this Warriors dynasty to last?
« on: June 03, 2018, 10:43:09 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
compare their current ages to the 2008 Celtics:  https://youtu.be/wdumcOWHapI

Let me know what you think. 

Re: How long do you expect this Warriors dynasty to last?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 10:43:54 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
One or two more years.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 10:44:54 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Bron goes to Celtics and they are done, otherwise it’s a toss up.

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 10:45:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
One or two more years.
Check out the video:  https://youtu.be/wdumcOWHapI

They could win this one
Then win the next one
then win the one after that...

and only then will the be at the same ages of the Big 3 Celtics

Do you expect them to be unable to keep them together because of financial reasons?

or... do you expect the Big 5 Celtics to take them down?

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 10:48:20 PM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
Without any major injuries, another 4-5 years.

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 10:50:18 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
One or two more years.
Check out the video:  https://youtu.be/wdumcOWHapI

They could win this one
Then win the next one
then win the one after that...

and only then will the be at the same ages of the Big 3 Celtics

Do you expect them to be unable to keep them together because of financial reasons?

or... do you expect the Big 5 Celtics to take them down?

I expect injuries, ego, and complacency to get the best of them after a couple years, if not sooner. They have been fortunate with injuries thus far. Though they are not "old," age doesn't always predict injury. Just look at the Celtics this year.

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 10:52:27 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
There will be a new nba champ next season

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 11:04:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
There was only 1 dynasty in all of sports- bill Russell’s Celtics. And that came from pat riley

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 11:12:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Until they come to Boston in June next year
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 11:13:12 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I think much of it depends on as to how long Iguodala can continue to play, although it's kind of pathetic that they rely on him so much, and especially in the latter stages of his career, imo. Plus, how will they replace David West? Will Jordan Bell be able to fill the void? In some categories, yes, but they'll obviously need to continue to find those quality players to have off of the bench in order to increase their depth, moving forward. Perhaps they should sign Seth Curry :P. I'm not even a fan of the Warriors and I think that that would be pretty cool, lol ;D.

That aside, Myers has definitely learned a lot from Jerry West, so I would anticipate the team being able to continue to draft well, regardless of position. The real test, though, going forward, will be in terms of Green and Thompson, imo. As long as they stay elite, defensively, the Warriors will continue to be at least extremely difficult to beat, but if they start slipping, teams are going to be able to take advantage of Curry, quite obviously, so we'll see.

Honestly, I really don't care, lol, but I can see this group potentially winding up with a total of six championships. Ugh.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 11:14:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Bron Bron could go to Houston next year and the Celtics could be healthy all year and those two things could at least slow the warriors down. A healthy Celtics team looks like it was built to beat these Warriors.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 11:16:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I think much of it depends on as to how long Iguodala can continue to play, although it's kind of pathetic that they rely on him so much, and especially in the latter stages of his career, imo. Plus, how will they replace David West? Will Jordan Bell be able to fill the void? In some categories, yes, but they'll obviously need to continue to find those quality players to have off of the bench in order to increase their depth, moving forward. Perhaps they should sign Seth Curry :P. I'm not even a fan of the Warriors and I think that that would be pretty cool, lol ;D.

That aside, Myers has definitely learned a lot from Jerry West, so I would anticipate the team being able to continue to draft well, regardless of position. The real test, though, going forward, will be in terms of Green and Thompson, imo. As long as they stay elite, defensively, the Warriors will continue to be at least extremely difficult to beat, but if they start slipping, teams are going to be able to take advantage of Curry, quite obviously, so we'll see.

Honestly, I really don't care, lol, but I can see this group potentially winding up with a total of six championships. Ugh.
3 more rings after this one?? Jeesh, really can't see that happening
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 11:23:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Maybe more.

If they were actually able to keep their Big 4 together, they could still be competitive in 2025.  At that point, they'd be the same age as the Big 3 Celtics in 2012 when they went to the ECF. 

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2018, 11:24:03 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Why not? In three years, Curry and Durant, as their elder statesmen ;D, will both still only be 33 years old, and given that they make their jobs so much easier, as long as Golden State continues to have the depth that they've enjoyed up until this point, I see no excuse(s) for them not to be able to finish their run with six rings.

That is, unless Boston does something about it ;) ;D.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2018, 11:25:42 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
these things rarely last as long as we think they will. If that was the case then more players would have six rings like Jordan...