Author Topic: Theis was THE steal-really wish he got playoff time  (Read 2586 times)

Re: Theis was THE steal-really wish he got playoff time
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 02:29:18 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Interest started in his first summer league and led to his signing with Red Claws.His first summer league saw no selfishness.

How games did you see over in England?   I saw them all and this kid is a black hole who

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/2016/statistics/las_vegas/

.8 APG  with 20 minutes play per game is really sharing the ball.  I watched the games and I saw a guy trying to shoot it almost every shot.  Now I realize summer league is guard centric league but it is utterly preposterous to say he shared the ball given that stat.

Here are some of highlights of those games, note guys open and uncontested or cutting to the hole and Nader shoots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvH5tK72-l0

Tell you don't see passing lanes and wide open guys on some of these plays.

Also he had 52 FG attempts during Summer league and Rozier had 29, go figure.  Brown had 67 but he was a number three pick that year.   These are on the stat sheets I provided.  Your memory does not match the stat lines, sorry.  Mine does.

I watch them all,you seem to have missed that this was his second year you are showing on video at summer league-Look athis first years highlites.
He went to Red Claws after his first showing  where they are 3 point happy,had him play point forward shoot 3'S drive to hoop and kick,when their point guard went down he was told to take over. This gunner mentality and excessive driving was drilled into in d league as he became an all star that season and ROY if i remember correctly-this was when James Young was on bench for Celts and RJ was let go.
Nader was a big plus compared to Young. Nader finished either had was shooting 40% most of season from three
.Before his first 2015 Summer league his Iowa team made NCAA's he was behind another star and played a supporting role as a starter  and then he made all tournament at Portsmouth invitational-He got drafted and had a very solid first Summer league -slashing  and taking only what was given-then he got stashed with Red Claws. I followed him because of my dislike for James Young .Nader was nearly ambidextorous had 7-1 wingspan and his early three point shooting was over 40%
Those takes you posted were 2nd Summer League and he then stuck with Celtics.
And i'm sure Brad is still telling him get to the hoop and shoot .He is a rookie after all and rushing and forcing it while even getting caught in the air without an open man a cardinal sin
I have moved on from any support of Nader since Semi came with his defense and had followed Semi at Hoops House with Jayson.. Go back to Nader first summer league and then tell me he was a black hole.
If your going to bludgeon get your facts straight.
But he is a black hole now.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 10:33:12 PM by rollie mass »