Author Topic: What's your best-case scenario for this offseason?  (Read 8611 times)

Re: What's your best-case scenario for this offseason?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 11:56:48 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Have a good draft and try to keep guys at a reasonable cost. I'd hope for

C's trade Rozier, Morris, 57 and Sac pick to Magic for picks 6 and 41.
C's draft JJJ. I have sliding to there.

C's draft Melvin Frazier at 27 and Devonte Graham at 41.

C's get Smart at QO
C's retain Baynes at MLE 3 years.

Irving/Graham
Brown/Smart/Bird
Hayward/Semi/Frazier
Tatum/JJJ/Yab
Horford/Baynes/Theis
Can't see the Magic making that trade.  Teams with top lottery picks don't trade them for mediocre players like Rozier.  You don't even include the #27 and then you have them throwing in the #41.  BTW, we don't have any 2nd rounders this draft.
Rozier had incredible numbers as a starter and his playoff run wasn't bad despite his last game. Some people feel he is worth a 8-12 pick alone. Magic tried trading for Rozier once already so they have interest. Kings pick is also going to be top a lottery pick that's a lot for the 6th pick. I see Morris as more than equal for pick 41.
Some people think the world is flat.  Rozier does not have star potential which is what you want from the 4th pick and he only has 1 year left before he becomes an RFA.  I wouldn't call his numbers incredible.  He had some real good games and some stinkers.  For example, he had 3 good games against the Sixers but the last two when the Sixers started McConnell were pretty bad.  I'm hoping Rozier and the #27 will get us the #13 but I'm not sure it does, 

The Kings pick is very hard to value due to the #1 pick protection.  It'll probably end up 5-7 but it might end up mid 20's.  Next year's draft is projected to be significantly weaker than this draft.  As for Morris, I don't see why the Magic would want him.  Gordon needs to be their starting PF not SF.  Adding Rozier and Morris won't make them a playoff team next season.   

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 12:08:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Kyrie, Jaylen, Hayward, Tatum, Horford --- all healthy for opening night.

Agree with Pho on this one. Anything else that happens I'm meh with. The most important thing is health. That lineup will be nasty next year.

Well, all 5 were healthy for opening night this past season. I am just hoping they are all healthy throughout our playoff run next year and would much rather them miss time during the season (if need be).

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 12:09:44 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Terry Rozier, Guerschon Yabusele and #27 to the Clippers for #12 and Patrick Beverly

#12 pick and 2019 Grizzlies Pick for pick #9 ( Wendell Carter )

Part of the MLE for Joe Harris

Resign Marcus Smart 4yr/ 40-45 million

Shane Larkin for vet min

Can players with a player option be traded? I’d love for the C’s to trade for Dwayne Dedmon if possible to add frontcourt depth.

Al Horford         Wendell Carter   Dewayne Dedmon
Jayson Tatum    Marcus Morris    Daniel Theis
Gordon Hayward  Joe Harris       Semi Ojeleye
Jaylen Brown     Marcus Smart   Jabari Bird
Kyrie Irving       Patrick Beverly  Shane Larkin
You're reading my mind.  I'd really like to pickup Beverley in a Rozier trade. 

Dedmon can't be traded unless he picks up his player option. 

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2018, 12:11:29 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Kyrie, Jaylen, Hayward, Tatum, Horford --- all healthy for opening night.

Agree with Pho on this one. Anything else that happens I'm meh with. The most important thing is health. That lineup will be nasty next year.

Well, all 5 were healthy for opening night this past season. I am just hoping they are all healthy throughout our playoff run next year and would much rather them miss time during the season (if need be).

I think the implication was a healthy five for next year. Not healthy for 5 minutes  :)
#JKJB

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2018, 12:11:59 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Resigning Smart long term on a good deal and bringing Baynes back.  Past that, I am not into speculation.  Personally I would look at dealing Rozier if there are any possible good deals out there (because I think we won't be able to keep him long term and could benefit coming off his play this post season).  I do like Rozier (although he became overhyped by some since his effect was so dependent on him being hot from 3) but we will having scoring and I don't think he will be as good without the ball a lot.   

That's part of why I think Smart is such a great fit.  We could use passing and a guy who doesn't care about scoring as much when we are going to have to give shots and touches to Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Brown and so on.  And I still think he can fix things on offense and become a legit star player in the next few years.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2018, 12:17:25 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Healthy team... minor changes

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2018, 12:23:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Best case, without wild moves? 

I'm not particularly greedy.  Run it back.  Marcus signs a one year deal for above his qualifying offer to appease him.  Baynes signs using non-Bird rights.  We cut ties with Nader, and sign Jabari Bird to a minimum contract.  We use the MLE on Tyreke Evans.  We keep Rozier and Morris even though they'll probably leave next year.  We draft a rookie who can develop into a potential Smart / Rozier replacement next year.

Horford / Baynes / (Theis)
Tatum / Morris / Theis
Hayward / Tyreke / Ojeleye
Brown / Smart / Bird / Rookie
Irving / Rozier / Larkin

Now, if we're talking crazy best case, we trade for Lebron and Kawhi, using some combination of Kyrie, Tatum, Morris, Rozier and Smart.  That leaves us with:

Horford
Kawhi
Hayward
Brown
Lebron

Get it done, Danny.  Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2018, 12:34:39 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
No one gets injured.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 12:39:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I worry about trades like this.  That Memphis pick could easily end up being the best pick in the bunch.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 12:50:16 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

C's get Smart at QO

Irving/Graham
Brown/Smart/Bird
Hayward/Semi/Frazier
Tatum/JJJ/Yab
Horford/Baynes/Theis
Can't see the Magic making that trade.  Teams with top lottery picks don't trade them for mediocre players like Rozier.  You don't even include the #27 and then you have them throwing in the #41.  BTW, we don't have any 2nd rounders this draft.
Rozier had incredible numbers as a starter and his playoff run wasn't bad despite his last game. Some people feel he is worth a 8-12 pick alone. Magic tried trading for Rozier once already so they have interest. Kings pick is also going to be top a lottery pick that's a lot for the 6th pick. I see Morris as more than equal for pick 41.
Some people think the world is flat.  Rozier does not have star potential which is what you want from the 4th pick and he only has 1 year left before he becomes an RFA.  I wouldn't call his numbers incredible.  He had some real good games and some stinkers.  For example, he had 3 good games against the Sixers but the last two when the Sixers started McConnell were pretty bad.  I'm hoping Rozier and the #27 will get us the #13 but I'm not sure it does, 

The Kings pick is very hard to value due to the #1 pick protection.  It'll probably end up 5-7 but it might end up mid 20's.  Next year's draft is projected to be significantly weaker than this draft.  As for Morris, I don't see why the Magic would want him.  Gordon needs to be their starting PF not SF.  Adding Rozier and Morris won't make them a playoff team next season.
You are under rating Rozier. 16pt 5ast per game when he got starter minutes and a very low turn over rate at only 24 years old. I'm not calling him an All-star but a Kemba Walker level star PG he can be. That's worth the 6th pick (not 4th) when you add another good lottery pick that can actually be better than what you are dealing away. And King's pick being in 20s isn't happening they are not making the playoffs the West is stacked. And as a RFA they can't lose Rozier unless they let him go.

Morris plays SF and with the line up of Rozier, Fournier, Morris, Gordon, and Vucevic they could make the playoffs it's the weak East.

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I worry about trades like this.  That Memphis pick could easily end up being the best pick in the bunch.
Its top 8 protected in 2019, top 6 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021.  So unless it slides to 2021 it isn't going to be that good of a pick.  Memphis tanked this season because of the Conley injury but I can't see them doing it two more seasons considering their market.  So if Danny thinks highly about Carter, he should definitely make this trade. 

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 01:13:53 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
1. Let Marcus Smart walk. (Too much money)
2. Sign Nerlens Noel. (2 years 27m)
3. Trade Pick 27 + Sacramento Pick to Memphis for pick 6.
4. Draft Luka Doncic at pick 6.

*If Doncic is gone draft Mo Bamba. If this scenario plays out don't sign Noels and do re-sign Smart.

New Team:

Irving/Rozier/Larkin
Brown/Doncic or Smart/Bird
Hayward/Tatum
Morris/Theis/Ojeleye/Yabusele
Horford/Noels or Bamba

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 01:16:58 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

C's get Smart at QO

Irving/Graham
Brown/Smart/Bird
Hayward/Semi/Frazier
Tatum/JJJ/Yab
Horford/Baynes/Theis

You are under rating Rozier. 16pt 5ast per game when he got starter minutes and a very low turn over rate at only 24 years old. I'm not calling him an All-star but a Kemba Walker level star PG he can be. That's worth the 6th pick (not 4th) when you add another good lottery pick that can actually be better than what you are dealing away. And King's pick being in 20s isn't happening they are not making the playoffs the West is stacked. And as a RFA they can't lose Rozier unless they let him go.

Morris plays SF and with the line up of Rozier, Fournier, Morris, Gordon, and Vucevic they could make the playoffs it's the weak East.
If the Kings win the lottery we end up with the Philly 2019 pick, hence ''it might end up mid 20's''.

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2018, 01:34:01 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

C's get Smart at QO

Irving/Graham
Brown/Smart/Bird
Hayward/Semi/Frazier
Tatum/JJJ/Yab
Horford/Baynes/Theis

I didn't say anything about the Kings making the playoffs.  The Kings pick is top 1 protected.  If it ends up #1, the Sixers keep it and we get the Sixers pick instead which is likely to be mid 20s.  That makes it very difficult to trade for good value. 

I think you are overvaluing Rozier's performance over the last couple months of the season.  You also have the Steven's system factor to consider.  You don't give up the #6 pick for an unproven 3rd year player.   

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2018, 01:34:04 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
1. Let Marcus Smart walk. (Too much money)
2. Sign Nerlens Noel. (2 years 27m)
3. Trade Pick 27 + Sacramento Pick to Memphis for pick 6.
4. Draft Luka Doncic at pick 6.

*If Doncic is gone draft Mo Bamba. If this scenario plays out don't sign Noels and do re-sign Smart.

New Team:

Irving/Rozier/Larkin
Brown/Doncic or Smart/Bird
Hayward/Tatum
Morris/Theis/Ojeleye/Yabusele
Horford/Noels or Bamba
How on earth are we gonna sign Noel? The C's have zero cap space available (no matter what happens with Smart).