Author Topic: Donte DiVincenzo is the perfect addition for this team  (Read 5956 times)

Donte DiVincenzo is the perfect addition for this team
« on: June 02, 2018, 03:33:20 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
6'5" tall, 200lb wing. Top tier athlete, sharpshooter, aggressive defender, high bbiq

Tournament highlights Video: https://youtu.be/kQlvbtksUEg

NBA combine 17 points/ 13 rebounds / 6 steals https://youtu.be/mL7AIaITnts

Season highlights: https://youtu.be/nI607nGAiiA

DiVincenzo’s Production in 2017-2018: 13.4ppg 4.8rpg 3.5apg 48.1 FG% 40.1 3PT% 71.0 FT%
(compares to Donovan Mitchell Production in 2016-2017: 15.6ppg 4.9rpg 2.7apg 40.8 FG% 35.4 3PT% 80.6 FT)

DiVincenzo finished this past season with 22 games where he recorded five or more 3-point attempts, averaging 3.0 made 3-pointers in those 22 games. To put that into perspective,  Stephen Curry averaged 3.8 made 3-pointers in his last season at Davidson on his 130 made 3’s in 34 games played in the 2008-09 season.

He also possess a strong overall offensive and defensive rating when he is on the floor. In his 40 games played this season, DiVincenzo finished with a 121.3 Offensive Rating, which ranked him 8th in the Big East. He had an Offensive Win Share Rating of 3.7 (6th in the Big East), finished with 139 Assists (9th in the Big East), and limited his turnovers to only 79 (10th in the Big East).

As a defensive player, DiVincenzo recorded 42 steals which placed him 8th in the Big East, ahead of players like Jalen Brunson, Max Strus, and Eric Paschall. DiVincenzo also recorded a 101.3 Defensive Rating which placed him at 10th in the Big East.

Imagine what Stevens can get out of this guy?   
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:40:25 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Donte DiVincenzo is the perfect addition for this team
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If he’s that good, why would he fall to 27?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
2 reasons:

1. Deep draft
2. we might have to trade up for him. Might be time to cash in a future pick we have

I don't think he's amazing, but he's a Swiss army knife who can add a lot to a contending team. He will probably play the role player job and do it well
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:51:00 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 04:41:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
2 reasons:

1. Deep draft
2. we might have to trade up for him. Might be time to cash in a future pick we have

I don't think he's amazing, but he's a Swiss army knife who can add a lot to a contending team. He will probably play the role player job and do it well

But it’s not considered deep draft beyond top 10 or so.

Still I like the kid based on the tournament. Did not watch him outside that though.

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 04:46:39 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
As with most collage players, the one big question I have on DiVincenzo is if he can play defense at an NBA level. He does look like a plus defender in college.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 04:47:11 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
2 reasons:

1. Deep draft

Still I like the kid based on the tournament. Did not watch him outside that though.
according to who?
I'm well read on this draft. I know that you can get talented players even in the early 2nd. How is it not deep

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 04:50:28 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
2 reasons:

1. Deep draft

according to who?
I'm well read on this draft. I know that you can get talented players even in the early 2nd. How is it not deep

You can, or you can get Frank Jackson, Davon Reed, Wesley Iwundu, Frank Mason or Ivan Rabb. Those were the first five picks of the second round last year.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2018, 04:53:25 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
2 reasons:

1. Deep draft

according to who?

You can, or you can get Frank Jackson, Davon Reed, Wesley Iwundu, Frank Mason or Ivan Rabb. Those were the first five picks of the second round last year.
or semi ojeleye and Jordan bell

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 05:03:06 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I want a guy who can accept his role and can perform on the road, and passable BBall IQ to play team ball , those are must-have ,  above those you choose the rest

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 05:05:44 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
 :P
2 reasons:

1. Deep draft

according to who?

or semi ojeleye and Jordan bell

And? On a decent team that didn’t experience the equivalent of a mid-season bus crash, Ojeleye would not have played a single minute of consequence.

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 05:29:31 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
the one big question I have on DiVincenzo is if he can play defense at an NBA level. He does look like a plus defender in college

Athletically, he has the physical ability but it is the mental aspect that gets a lot of these guys because a good portion of NBA guys are decent to elite athletes and yet a lot of them are not good defenders.    So I think he has the physical tools but does he have the mental attitude?

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Didn't you hear? Ainge took him out to lunch recently. B.Good or Chipotle, no one knows, but we know what happened the last time Ainge took a draft prospect to lunch :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2018, 06:40:21 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I’ve heard the comparison to Bobby Sura.  If so that would be a pretty good get at 27.

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Never heard of the guy before that tourney game.

Now he is some type of urban legend badarse...

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 08:11:37 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Never heard of the guy before that tourney game.

Now he is some type of urban legend badarse...

his family owns a pizzeria. in Naples .....best pies in town

baketball ?