Author Topic: Call Me a Masochist...  (Read 2692 times)

Call Me a Masochist...
« on: June 02, 2018, 10:29:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
...but I went back and watched most of the 4th quarter of the ECF Game 7 last night.  Mostly because I wanted to rewatch the Tatum dunk/3 sequence.  What I'd lost track of was how deep into the game the Celts went before completely falling apart.  In particular, the Horford alley oop dunk was an immense power play in the clutch.  But they were going toe to toe with the Cavs right up until the point they weren't, then they got absolutely zippo.  I watched right up until Morris's airball 3.  That seemed to be the first real signof the apocalypse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2WsHje26I
Yup

Re: Call Me a Masochist...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I don't think I can click on that YouTube link just yet
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 11:07:09 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
okay, you're a masochist.

was there some sort of joke here?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 11:14:05 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 11:10:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I don't think it's being a masochist, it's about caring for your team and looking at what went wrong and how can it be corrected next season. TP for the courage though :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 11:22:14 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I kept telling my oldest son about how much EITHER Kyrie or GH would've helped us in that game :'(

The blessing here is that the youngsters GREW from that improbable playoff run. They also had their trust in Big Al reinforced in that he had big plays throughout that three series run and was a great leader.

As long as that translates into Tatum and Brown continuing to play well ALONGSIDE Kyrie and GH then we'll be well nigh unstoppable next season. And I fully believe we will.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 12:41:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I’m gonna rewatch. I’m a masochist too.

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 12:59:24 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
...but I went back and watched most of the 4th quarter of the ECF Game 7 last night.  Mostly because I wanted to rewatch the Tatum dunk/3 sequence.  What I'd lost track of was how deep into the game the Celts went before completely falling apart.  In particular, the Horford alley oop dunk was an immense power play in the clutch.  But they were going toe to toe with the Cavs right up until the point they weren't, then they got absolutely zippo. I watched right up until Morris's airball 3.  That seemed to be the first real signof the apocalypse.

If that 3 goes down, it's a 1 point game with 2 minutes left, the Garden is going nuts, and the Cavs are at least a little deflated by the offensive rebound. Instead, two wide open misses and the Cavs ran away with it.

The Celtics had other chances to win and I don't believe any game is won or lost on one play but that one did feel important, emotionally.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
okay, you're a masochist.

was there some sort of joke here?  ;D

Thanks!  I feel so much better now.  Or maybe I feel worse and that's making me feel better.  Is that the point?   ???
Yup

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

I mean, the Titanic was an awesome cruise for a while too, right?
Yup

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 01:41:02 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I still can't rewatch game 7 of the 2010 finals. 37-17... it still hurts.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
...but I went back and watched most of the 4th quarter of the ECF Game 7 last night.  Mostly because I wanted to rewatch the Tatum dunk/3 sequence.  What I'd lost track of was how deep into the game the Celts went before completely falling apart.  In particular, the Horford alley oop dunk was an immense power play in the clutch.  But they were going toe to toe with the Cavs right up until the point they weren't, then they got absolutely zippo. I watched right up until Morris's airball 3.  That seemed to be the first real signof the apocalypse.

If that 3 goes down, it's a 1 point game with 2 minutes left, the Garden is going nuts, and the Cavs are at least a little deflated by the offensive rebound. Instead, two wide open misses and the Cavs ran away with it.

The Celtics had other chances to win and I don't believe any game is won or lost on one play but that one did feel important, emotionally.

But don't forget, we are dealing with LeBron James- the greatest player in the planet. This ain't no Bucks or 76ers cuz they will squirm through the pressure even with that 1 point lead behind all the crowd noise.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 04:56:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
...but I went back and watched most of the 4th quarter of the ECF Game 7 last night.  Mostly because I wanted to rewatch the Tatum dunk/3 sequence.  What I'd lost track of was how deep into the game the Celts went before completely falling apart.  In particular, the Horford alley oop dunk was an immense power play in the clutch.  But they were going toe to toe with the Cavs right up until the point they weren't, then they got absolutely zippo.  I watched right up until Morris's airball 3.  That seemed to be the first real signof the apocalypse.

Nah, you're not a masochist, and hey, someone has to review dat black box, lol ;D.

I don't think I can click on that YouTube link just yet

Lol, don't worry, man. It's just a 32 second clip of an Al Horford alley-oop on Ashton Kutcher at the start of the 4th quarter ;D.

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2018, 05:00:53 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Depends. Are you in first class or dining in "steerage" ::)? Are you an officer on the bridge or shoveling coal into the boilers? Man, when they hit the iceberg, those dudes must have been...stoked ;) ::) ;D.

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 12:55:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Depends. Are you in first class or dining in "steerage" ::)? Are you an officer on the bridge or shoveling coal into the boilers? Man, when they hit the iceberg, those dudes must have been...stoked ;) ::) ;D.

I think I'd be the violinist, dutifully playing through the chaos.

Of course, I suck at violin, so they probably would have just heaved me over the deck to the icy water below.
Yup

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 06:17:45 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I think I'd be the violinist, dutifully playing through the chaos.

Of course, I suck at violin, so they probably would have just heaved me over the deck to the icy water below.

Hey, you never know. Maybe you would have been able to...strike a chord with one of the lifeboat captains ;) ::) ;D *groan*.