Poll

Honestly, What Do You Expect Happens This Summer?

Nothing Much. Just Small-to-Moderate Moves Like Re-Signing Some Guys, Adding Some Depth, Testing Market On Some Guys, Replacing Some Departing Players, Maybe Small Trades (Including Either Moving Up A Few Spots Or Trading Down From Pick #27)
27 (69.2%)
We Actually Make One Or Multiple BIG, Surprising Moves (Huge Trade Up Into Draft Lottery And/Or Trade For Another Star/Superstar)
12 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Can't Wait For A "Big Rumor-Filled" Yet Relatively Quiet Summer  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Unless you consider us possibly "selling high" on Rozier OR bringing back Smart and/or Baynes big moves this off-season, I'm not expecting much. I hope we find a way to bring back Smart and Baynes, and I'd at least see what Rozier or Morris could fetch back in a trade.

But yeah, I'm expecting a relatively quiet summer and I tend to believe Ainge when he says we are bringing back practically the same team with some small-to-moderate subtractions and additions. Maybe some depth moves/signings too.

That obviously won't stop the NBA-Media world from bringing up reports/rumors left and right and linking almost everyone available to Boston in the coming month lol.   :P

KAT isn't getting traded, and I think Kawhi stays in SAS, but certainly all it takes is one reporter to throw a story out there that they could be getting shopped, and because Boston has many assets they'll be linked to like every trade target out there.

We've already had a report that the C's are interested in Bamba (SMOKESCREEN!) and could be looking to trade up in the draft. I do think the C's will make an effort to trade up and maybe get someone like Jaren Jackson Jr or Carter, but it will be difficult to pull off and I think they essentially either keep #27, trade down with it, or make a small move to trade up from #27, but only into the 16-24 range I suppose.

Anyways, it will be a fun summer just reading all the reports and speculations for sure. Kind of sad we aren't max-FA hunting like the last two years, as it was a fun (but also nerve-wracking) experience that I'll truly miss. I think most trade/draft rumors will just be smokescreen or pure speculation (not true). Kind of like how we were supposed to draft Fultz for sure, or trade for Butler and/or George.

Just don't be upset if nothing really happens. Assume we entered FA really early and acquired Theis, Kyrie and Hayward.  ;D

As long as Kawhi and/or Lebron don't go to Philadelphia, I'm happy  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Can't Wait For A "Big Rumor-Filled" Yet Relatively Quiet Summer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:03:55 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
My gut feeling says we actually make some sort of big move this summer.

Maybe it's just me hoping we do to add some "drama and spice" this summer in terms of Celtics news, and since we've made big additions the last few years, but I think Ainge is certainly cooking up something. It doesn't have to be a big move like Anthony Davis (he's not even available), but some trade for a young, up-and-coming potential star or a big trade up in the draft.

There will certainly be a ton of movement and transactions all across the league this summer.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 04:08:44 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Maybe it's just me hoping we do to add some "drama and spice" this summer in terms of Celtics news, and since we've made big additions the last few years, but I think Ainge is certainly cooking up something. It doesn't have to be a big move like Anthony Davis (he's not even available), but some trade for a young, up-and-coming potential star or a big trade up in the draft.

There will certainly be a ton of movement and transactions all across the league this summer.

This Celtics squad is good enough to go all in. I can see Danny cashing chips for one more key player for the 5-8 year championship run.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 04:20:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

This Celtics squad is good enough to go all in. I can see Danny cashing chips for one more key player for the 5-8 year championship run.

My preference is they find some way to trade up into the 5-9 range and draft Carter (or Jaren Jackson Jr. if he ends up falling a few spots, though I doubt it).

We have a potential blue-chip front court prospect to build with going forward who is Horford's sidekick for a few years, and possibly Horford's replacement later on. To me, a young big is the missing piece to this puzzle. We got our wings, and looks like we have a great guard duo (Kyrie-Brown) and solid depth in both departments. Adding a long-term, young big would do wonders going forward. We aren't getting Bagley or Ayton, but I'm high on Carter or JJJ. I would say Bamba but I think it'll take a while for him to be honest (very raw at the moment).

Now do I think we can trade up that much, unfortunately no. Ainge will try though and certainly will explore whatever options he can.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 04:36:05 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27

It's probably from the Draft this year (if they trade up), or next (with Kings Pick).

If Kawhi stays in San Antonio, I don't think there's anyone else out there who fits the bill. KAT isn't getting traded. Doubt we are trading for any of the possible guards that could be available either (Beal, McCollum, etc).

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:46:40 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Hard to say what will happen, especially with Danny in charge.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
It's either read Celticsblog rumors or actually do something at work. I've gotta go with the rumors.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 04:49:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Hard to say what will happen, especially with Danny in charge.

Exactly. The guy is ruthless.

I remember last year Bill Simmons in a podcast started talking about potential trades for the C's to get Kyrie, but then scrapped it because it made him sad to talk about trading IT4 and he himself didn't want to trade the fan-favorite Isaiah and neither did the fanbase. (I didn't either)

Then we saw what happened  :laugh:

It's either read Celticsblog rumors or actually do something at work. I've gotta go with the rumors.

Mike

Smart man!

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 04:52:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am expecting total boredom this summer and on draft night.

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 05:03:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah. Only excitement will come from all the rumors and seeing what happens with our own FA's.

That and of course hearing Lebron is going West or simply not going to Philly  8)

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 05:04:05 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Are you saying LeBron isn't coming to Boston?

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 05:07:25 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Yeah. Only excitement will come from all the rumors and seeing what happens with our own FA's.

That and of course hearing Lebron is going West or simply not going to Philly  8)

I expect little will happen, but I'll enjoy the draft day rumors.  I'm with Phantom on trying to trade up for Jackson or Carter. 

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 05:07:56 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I enjoy the rumor mill because it whips this place to a fever pitch. While some posts are obviously not the best quality, an overall increase in things to talk about is great for discourse.

A lot of time the quality posts are the ones in response to an outlandish "what if" proposal.
#JKJB

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Mike

YOU'RE FIRED!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 05:10:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Are you saying LeBron isn't coming to Boston?

Of course he is...

.... for some clam chowder this summer during the offseason!  :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:18:37 PM by Phantom255x »