Author Topic: Antoine wants Lebron in green  (Read 15737 times)

Re: Antoine wants Lebron in green
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2018, 05:11:35 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'd love for LeBron to come to BOS but not at Kyrie's expense.

We rode Kyrie's leadership and talent to 55 wins. The youngsters then took it from there.

I'd like to ADD him to BOS somehow but not at losing anyone if that's possible.

Would LeBron even WANT to come to BOS? To forge his own legacy as a PART of Russell, Couse, Cowen, Red, Larry, PP34?

He may be too BIG for BOS.

If he came HERE that would be quite a blow

to CLE (and Indy).

I agree with you that James may be "too big" for Boston in some ways. But I'd welcome him in a heartbeat and retire his number the day after he decides to call it quits. I see only three realistic places for James to go: Cleveland, Golden State, and Boston. Houston and LA get a lot of talk, but they are bad choices as far as winning is concerned.

Golden State is definitely not realistic, and I honestly cannot fathom him going there unless he seriously doesn't care about his legacy... Let's be honest.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2018, 05:14:37 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

We rode Kyrie's leadership and talent to 55 wins. The youngsters then took it from there.

Would LeBron even WANT to come to BOS? To forge his own legacy as a PART of Russell, Couse, Cowen, Red, Larry, PP34?

to CLE (and Indy).

I agree with you that James may be "too big" for Boston in some ways. But I'd welcome him in a heartbeat and retire his number the day after he decides to call it quits. I see only three realistic places for James to go: Cleveland, Golden State, and Boston. Houston and LA get a lot of talk, but they are bad choices as far as winning is concerned.

Golden State is definitely not realistic, and I honestly cannot fathom him going there unless he seriously doesn't care about his legacy... Let's be honest.

Why not? Golden State would trade Klay Thompson for him. One of the best shooters of all time and a top 15 player in the league. Fans on this board are saying Irving is too much to give in a trade for James. If I'm Cleveland and Boston won't trade me Irving and Brown, I will just take Klay Thompson.

That said, GS makes the most sense from a basketball standpoint. James can play his natural SF position (as Durant projects to play PF now) but finish games as the PG as they run Curry off screens.

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2018, 05:22:41 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

to CLE (and Indy).

Why not? Golden State would trade Klay Thompson for him. One of the best shooters of all time and a top 15 player in the league. Fans on this board are saying Irving is too much to give in a trade for James. If I'm Cleveland and Boston won't trade me Irving and Brown, I will just take Klay Thompson.

It would destroy the dynamic and chemistry of the team. I've seen how Durant has affected their team last night... They played too much iso's, pull up mid range shots, and Durant seemed to try to force the issue by taking his own shots. They strayed far from the game plan that has made them such a competent and offensive firepower team based on screens, off ball offense, and ball movement/passing.

Now yes adding 3 MVP's might be the greatest team assembled, but it's realistically never gonna happen... I don't see why LeBron would go to GSW. It would force every hater to literally pull out every insult in the book to disparage and disassemble LeBron's greatest achievements.

This is your opinion, but I completely disagree that LeBron would go to GSW. But then again, I've said the same thing about Durant.

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2018, 05:25:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I guess Wyc mght go for it .  Save huge on coaching positions salaries.

With Bron you really don't need a coach , at least not a expensive smart one .   So you might as well let CBS go to Duke or Indiana college.   He d bolt in a heart beat.

if you did this to Irving .....he might need to see a shrink to get over the devastation to his ego.

I would not welcome his brand of basketball .   Ill keep my TEAM losing ball .   More fun to watch .

Besides he hates Boston and you know he d never be a REAL Bostonite .

He is best suited to live and play if not in Cleveland , then LA .

I predict he become a Rocket .....smoothest and quickest way to win it all .

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2018, 05:27:17 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

to CLE (and Indy).

It would destroy the dynamic and chemistry of the team. I've seen how Durant has affected their team last night... They played too much iso's, pull up mid range shots, and Durant seemed to try to force the issue by taking his own shots. They strayed far from the game plan that has made them such a competent and offensive firepower team based on screens, off ball offense, and ball movement/passing.

Now yes adding 3 MVP's might be the greatest team assembled, but it's realistically never gonna happen... I don't see why LeBron would go to GSW. It would force every hater to literally pull out every insult in the book to disparage and disassemble LeBron's greatest achievements.

This is your opinion, but I completely disagree that LeBron would go to GSW. But then again, I've said the same thing about Durant.

You're right that it is my opinion and pure speculation, but I think GS is either number one or number two on his list. I can't say that I blame him either. It gives him the best chance at titles for the next three years, he will likely be a part of the greatest team ever assembled, and Durant and Curry have the talent to ease the burden as LeBron continues to age and add mileage. Oh, and the weather is nice too!

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2018, 05:29:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I guess Wyc mght go for it .  Save huge on coaching positions.

With Bron you really don't need a coach , at least not a expensive smart one .   So you might as well let CBS go to Duke or Indiana college.   He d bolt in a heart beat.

if you did this to Irving .....he might need to see a shrink to get over the devastation to his ego.

I would not welcome his brand of basketball .   Ill keep my TEAM losing ball .   More fun to watch .

I'm the same way. I love LeBron, but I want to beat him. 

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2018, 05:36:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hayward straight up.   Play Bron at PF.

Kyrie, Jaylen, Tatum, Bron, Horford.

« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

I don't think any team in the league is interested in Hayward and his max contract right now.

« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2018, 05:40:43 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

I would definitely be okay with that.

I think Kyrie would be okay with LeBron on the same team, plus LeBron even said he would give the keys to Kyrie in a year. I think Kyrie just didn't want to be in a situation where there is absolutely no room for growth, or development.

I don't think any team in the league is interested in Hayward and his max contract right now.

Yeah okay bud...  ::) ???

Don't think I can take you serious anymore to be honest.

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2018, 05:46:08 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

I think Kyrie would be okay with LeBron on the same team, plus LeBron even said he would give the keys to Kyrie in a year. I think Kyrie just didn't want to be in a situation where there is absolutely no room for growth, or development.

Do you honestly think teams would trade for Hayward before he proved himself on the court? If trade offers get made for max injured players all the time, boy were the Orlando Magic stupid for hanging on to Grant Hill for so long.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:51:15 PM by KungPoweChicken »

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Do you honestly think teams would trade for Hayward before he proved himself on the court?

Umm... Yes? His value may be lower, but you're really not giving Hayward any credit, which is why I cannot find your responses credible or serious enough.

I can give you a list of teams that would gladly trade for Hayward despite him ever entering the court.

Knicks, Hornets, Blazers, 76ers.

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2018, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Do you honestly think teams would trade for Hayward before he proved himself on the court?
If it was the choice of Hayward or literally nothing, then yeah
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2018, 05:52:03 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

Umm... Yes? His value may be lower, but you're really not giving Hayward any credit, which is why I cannot find your responses credible or serious enough.

I can give you a list of teams that would gladly trade for Hayward despite him ever entering the court.

Knicks, Hornets, Blazers, 76ers.

"His value may be lower." But you seem to think his value can net Lebron James? I'm not sure I follow your logic. I agree that there are teams that will trade atrocious contracts for Gordon Hayward. The Celtics will never receive a young all-star talent in return for him.

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

to CLE (and Indy).

That said, GS makes the most sense from a basketball standpoint. James can play his natural SF position (as Durant projects to play PF now) but finish games as the PG as they run Curry off screens.

Golden State is only realistic if you believe LeBron would take less than the max (there is no evidence that he is likely to do so) or if you believe KD would again take less than the max so that LeBron could come (that feels like a dubious proposition).  Otherwise Golden State would literally have to trade all three of Thompson, Green, and Iggy to fit under the hardcap (due to a sign-and-trade) and depending where the cap ultimately ends up, it’s possible Livingston would need to be moved as well.

Or if you believe LeBron will pick up his option and Klay and Livingston (and Jordan Bell) will be traded and the Warriors will be willing to have a payroll $30+ million over the luxury tax, leading to a tax bill in excess of $110 million (this would be about $50 million more than they’re currently on pace to pay).

Anyway, it is not realistic to think that LeBron will end up in Golden State, because to do so would either be cost-prohibitive or make Golden State no longer look like Golden State.

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2018, 05:58:09 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell

to CLE (and Indy).

Golden State is only realistic if you believe LeBron would take less than the max (there is no evidence that he is likely to do so) or if you believe KD would again take less than the max so that LeBron could come (that feels like a dubious proposition).  Otherwise Golden State would literally have to trade all three of Thompson, Green, and Iggy to fit under the hardcap (due to a sign-and-trade) and depending where the cap ultimately ends up, it’s possible Livingston would need to be moved as well.

Or if you believe LeBron will pick up his option and Klay and Livingston (and Jordan Bell) will be traded and the Warriors will be willing to have a payroll $30+ million over the luxury tax, leading to a tax bill in excess of $110 million (this would be about $50 million more than they’re currently on pace to pay).

Anyway, it is not realistic to think that LeBron will end up in Golden State, because to do so would either be cost-prohibitive or make Golden State no longer look like Golden State.

For Golden State, Klay, Livingston, and Bell is a small price to pay. The big luxury tax price will likely be recouped by the owners and then some with James on the team.