Poll

How do you not know the score in a finals game?

Yes
14 (66.7%)
Yes
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Is JR Smith the stupidest player in the league?  (Read 6698 times)

Re: Is JR Smith the stupidest player in the league?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 10:09:45 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Stupid

Dirty

High

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 10:17:48 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
George Hill owes J.R. Smith big time. Instead of the story being about Hill choking, it’s about Smith’s brain spasm.  In terms of expected outcomes, though, Hill’s miss was much more consequential.

Yeah, and Hill's choke was a necessary precursor to Smith's brainfart. If Hill, a career 80% free throw shooter, just makes that free throw, then it's likely that Cavs are up 1-0 right now and Smith never has the chance to make that mistake.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2018, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hood/Clarkson are even worse disasters than JR in the playoffs. More bad shots and worse defense.

Korver you can argue for, but I think its again the defensive issues. He's clearly a better decision maker and shooter but teams don't leave him as often and he is a liability on D most of the time.

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 11:11:28 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Hood/Clarkson are even worse disasters than JR in the playoffs. More bad shots and worse defense.

Korver you can argue for, but I think its again the defensive issues. He's clearly a better decision maker and shooter but teams don't leave him as often and he is a liability on D most of the time.

Tell that to Jaylen Brown.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 11:17:34 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Are you suggesting Jaylen Brown isn't a good defender?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 11:18:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He's mad Jaylen didn't score more on Korver when he was on the court.

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Only rivaled by Game 7 Rozier.

And Marcus Smart.

Come on. They both had terrible games, as did Brown, but not necessary dumb.
Okay, maybe Smart continually chucking up 3's could be deemed less than bright.

In answer to original question, not sure about dumbest player, but certainly dumbest play. Dirtiest player for sure.

Lue or Labron should have called timeout. That's all I have to say about that.

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 12:28:44 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

It's got nothing to do with Jaylen Brown's defense. The statement that Korver is a liability on D. Evidently he's not a liability on Jaylen based on all the strips, blocks and lack of offense from Jaylen on Korver.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

It's got nothing to do with Jaylen Brown's defense. The statement that Korver is a liability on D. Evidently he's not a liability on Jaylen based on all the strips, blocks and lack of offense from Jaylen on Korver.

Ah, I thought that's what you meant. Lol, but I wasn't too sure haha. Yeah every time I saw Korver block Brown, time and time again and again, I was visibly upset.

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2018, 12:38:37 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Ah, I thought that's what you meant. Lol, but I wasn't too sure haha. Yeah every time I saw Korver block Brown, time and time again and again, I was visibly upset.

Oh I am with you there. I was thinking he should dominate Korver as obviously he and the Celtics thought too but it didn't happen. The commentators did say several times that Korver's defense isn't bad and that he is a pretty good team defender.

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2018, 12:44:08 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Oh I am with you there. I was thinking he should dominate Korver as obviously he and the Celtics thought too but it didn't happen. The commentators did say several times that Korver's defense isn't bad and that he is a pretty good team defender.

The notion that Kyle Korver is a terrible defender is bull !@#$. He's not the greatest lateral defender, and loses his man more than often on 1 on 1 situations, but his help and team defense is actually really great. He's a solid and smart defender.

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2018, 12:48:34 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I think Korver is their best bench player and second smartest player behind LeBron James on that team. Third would be Love.

Everyone else is either stupid, passive, high AF, or just mercenaries hired from nowhere.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2018, 12:53:26 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I was listening on the radio and JR Smith fooled the announcer.  He was like "Smith with the rebound, dribbles out the clock and the Cavs have come in to Oracle and stunned the Warriors!" 
 :o

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I was listening on the radio and JR Smith fooled the announcer.  He was like "Smith with the rebound, dribbles out the clock and the Cavs have come in to Oracle and stunned the Warriors!" 

I gotta be honest, I thought the Cavs were up 1 too.   :-[

My wife had just walked in, Hill missed the free throw, Smith grabbed the rebound, and I said the "The Cavs just won!" Whoops.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

I gotta be honest, I thought the Cavs were up 1 too.   :-[

My wife had just walked in, Hill missed the free throw, Smith grabbed the rebound, and I said the "The Cavs just won!" Whoops.

Yeah I did at first too LOL. But then I realized with 2 seconds left it was actually still tied. That whole sequence was so fast. I don't get why CLE didn't call a timeout... 4 seconds left, just inbound to Lebron and let him take a shot....
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller