Author Topic: Hayward 100% recovery-  (Read 4481 times)

Re: Hayward 100% recovery-
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 05:34:12 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he ll need to get in the court and get his muscle memory and reactions time back to prior level , this might take time .  plus he needs time to trust his leg.  Mental thing.   He is rusty now and needs lots of court time.

I expct him to be pretty much back to normal by Xmas 2018 . 

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2018, 05:35:04 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Hayward certainly matured physically a lot since entering the league.

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2018, 05:43:52 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Hayward certainly matured physically a lot since entering the league.

Went from WCG e-Cyber Sports gamer to Mr. Steal-Yo-Girl.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 05:45:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
What I don't get is how Hayward/the Cs sort-of let us believe that there was a possibility of him returning this past season. Was there some kind of major set back other than the time when he pushed himself and felt 'pain'? I know people scoffed at the possibility that Hayward could return, but there was some chance. Now we hear that he will be ready in time for training camp. That is a big difference in time.

Yeah a lot of us (including me) got sucked into that hope at the time.  I think the Celtics held it out there because (a) it was theoretically possible, and (b) it gave Hayward something to push for; gave him a goal, even if unrealistic, during his rehab.

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 05:52:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
What I don't get is how Hayward/the Cs sort-of let us believe that there was a possibility of him returning this past season. Was there some kind of major set back other than the time when he pushed himself and felt 'pain'? I know people scoffed at the possibility that Hayward could return, but there was some chance. Now we hear that he will be ready in time for training camp. That is a big difference in time.

Yeah a lot of us (including me) got sucked into that hope at the time.  I think the Celtics held it out there because (a) it was theoretically possible, and (b) it gave Hayward something to push for; gave him a goal, even if unrealistic, during his rehab.
didnt ainge consistently and repeatedly state hayward was not coming back this season?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 05:59:16 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

didnt ainge consistently and repeatedly state hayward was not coming back this season?

The organization said from day one that he was done for the season. Most fans do not seem to grasp the seriousness of his injury.

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 06:00:25 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
What happens when GH turns his ankle -- is he inevitably will?   Other than probably terrifying for him, will his tendons/ligaments/bones be more vulnerable to tears/fractures....?

Honestly, it’s provably something he needs to do, for his sake.

It’s like after a pitcher gets hit in the face with a line drive. They always have that in the back of their head until they have another one whiz right past them. Then they know, getting hit was an aberration and not the norm.

He needs to twist or sprain his ankle to KNOW it’s fine and strong. Thinking and knowing are two different things. Roll your ankle, go back to the locker room and the trainer says Your good, retake it and get back out there. Then he will be good to go mentally. Physically, I doubt he will have any issues beyond the first half of the season.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 06:50:42 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Well part of the problem is he didn't explicitly and definitely state that.  He'd say things like:

"We don't plan on having him play again this season" which if you're hopeful enough gets interpreted as "we're not planning on having him back, but we're not ruling him out either."

The media picked up on this too, see examples here and here:

The Celtics have been adamant they do not expect Hayward to return this season, but nobody has ruled out the possibility yet.

although Boston is working under the assumption that Hayward won’t be back until next season, the team hasn’t officially ruled out a potential return.

Then in January, it started being reported that Hayward would start traveling with the team in March.

So it's not like there were no straws to grasp at.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:35:42 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Stevens has been pretty straight forward for a long time that Hayward would not be back. People just didn't want to believe him. But obviously, he wasn't lying and he never said anything that should have given anyone hope that he was.

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Stevens has been pretty straight forward for a long time that Hayward would not be back. People just didn't want to believe him. But obviously, he wasn't lying and he never said anything that should have given anyone hope that he was.
My guess is that the best case scenario had him returning in the playoffs and they did not rule it out so that Gordon would have a goal to work towards. Also it kept Gordon in the media and thoughts of the public, no one wants to be the prize FA acquisition of team and then fade into the background entirely.

Most rehabs don't proceed on an optimal schedule so no surprise that he wasn't able to come back.

Re: Hayward 100% recovery-and Kyrie liberated
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 04:41:26 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
WHAT IF--he comes back an even better shooter.The amount of extra time he will have put in just concentrating on form and not jumping then progressing slowly.He could wind up shooting like Klay Thompson.
Why the raging debate over over information released.Removing hardware  will remove any niggling pain that might have been a concern mentally or he may have compensated for

Kyrie will play liberated from nagging pain and knowing there was no structural damage and will be 100%.
Hayward is so dedicated and the hours he put in will show across his game.
Knowing there is no damage to tissue,muscle and bone and his injured foot was actually stronger than his other.
He has spent a season with expert help and put in immense effort and stuck to the schedule.

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 06:37:48 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
WHAT IF--he comes back an even better shooter.The amount of extra time he will have put in just concentrating on form and not jumping then progressing slowly.He could wind up shooting like Klay Thompson.
Why the raging debate over over information released.Removing hardware  will remove any niggling pain that might have been a concern mentally or he may have compensated for

Kyrie will play liberated from nagging pain and knowing there was no structural damage and will be 100%.
Knowing there is no damage to tissue,muscle and bone and his injured foot was actually stronger than his other.
He has spent a season with expert help and put in immense effort and stuck to the schedule.
He will most certainly be a better shooter and longer range, maybe betters his floater too

One thing to be ware is some people over-trained their injured leg so it cause body imbalance or injury of the other leg, hope he isn't the case

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 07:19:45 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

Weird, I was watching him shoot the other day, and his shot looks even purer, I mean he has always had a fairly pretty smooth stroke, but it looks even more compact, actually more like Klay.

P.S Really hoping we run out a weird swings-only lineup of Morris/Hayward/Tatum/Brown/Semi at some stage during the year.. where Semi (the shortest guy in the lineup at 6"6.5 plays the "center" spot.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 07:43:11 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Hayward was a very good tennis player and i think that shows in his game.He has methodically
improved his body and game.The hours of developing a service game are much like shooting repetition and hand eye coordination.
Sam Jones the legendary shooter and bank shot master came to Lexington ,High and gave a demonstration .Rolie Massimino must have brought him in.
What a shooting exhibition, he went on forever bank shot after bank shot never a miss.
Then out came a portable backdrop with a hole in it and they paced off a tennis court and he went on another run from service both left and right side  hitting that tennis ball through a small hole.
Watching the legendary Tennis greats Sampras,Borg,Federer there was an economy of motion a setting up and a smoothness of  getting in position.A mental concentration almost predictive.
This is the kind of game, i see watching tape of Gordon-an assured almost mathematical type of game-smooth,economical using subtle change of pace,timing but in the flow.Unlike Kyrie but a perfect compliment-At the podium when announced -they knew,they saw what was possible.
Now they both will be 100%.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:00:04 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 07:56:20 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Hayward was a very good tennis player and i think that shows in his game.He has methodically
improved his body and game.The hours of developing a service game are much like shooting reition and hand eye coordination.
Sam Jones the legendary shooter and bank shot master came to Lexington ,High and gave a demonstration .Rollie Massimino must have brought him in.
What a shooting exhibition he went on forever bank shot after bank shot never a miss.
Then out came a portable backdrop with a hole in it and they paced off a tennis court and he went on another run from service both left and right side  hitting that tennis ball through a small hole.
Watching the legendary Tennis greats Sampras,Borg,Federer there was an economy of motion a setting up and a smoothness of  getting in position.A mental concentration almost predictive.
This is the kind of game, i see watching tape of Gordon-an assured almost mathematical type of game-smooth,economical using subtle change of pace,timing but in the flow.Unlike Kyrie but a perfect compliment-At the podium when announced -they knew,they saw what was possible.
Now they both will be 100%.
Don't forget the footwork and mental toughness required in tennis too, not all people can keep going in a match where you're all alone with a crowd watching you.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA