Author Topic: Who's your 2018 draft binkie?  (Read 20153 times)

Re: Who's your 2018 draft binkie?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 10:55:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
No one.

I have zero interest in this draft for the Celtics. None.

Same.  No one excites me this year, esp with our draft position.  I hope Doncic succeeds/isn't drafted by SAC, though.  Fun player to watch thus far.

You can Always jump on the nonsensical Bonga wagon with me.

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 11:02:00 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
No one.

Same.  No one excites me this year, esp with our draft position.  I hope Doncic succeeds/isn't drafted by SAC, though.  Fun player to watch thus far.

Cool, I'm in.  May be fun to pull for the guy projected to go #58, too.  Imagine successfully calling that one?  76ers can hire us as co-GMs.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 11:50:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
No one.

Cool, I'm in.  May be fun to pull for the guy projected to go #58, too.  Imagine successfully calling that one?  76ers can hire us as co-GMs.

I have to be right about one of these late picks some time. I don't think I ever have been before but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:15:52 AM by liam »

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2018, 12:14:34 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Jevon Carter, Elie Okobo, Brandon McCoy and recently converted to the Isaac Bonga camp ;D

My favourite has to be Carter. Plays incredibly hard on the defensive end, and plays the right way offensively. Think he's underrated, and will be like if TJ McConnell had a jumpshot
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2018, 12:34:52 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Been banging the Bamba drum all year, was convinced he'd be better than Ayton before the season. Attending the Sloan Sports Analytics conference and asking Morey a question? Seems like a bright young man, with a desire to succeed and near legendary physical ability.

He's been working on his 3 ball for years and I could definitely see a world where provides elite rim protection solid switching versatility, and 2 or so 3's a game on solid percentages opening up lanes for Kyrie and Tatum. I'd do whatever it takes to pick up Mo Bamba.

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2018, 12:37:24 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Been banging the Bamba drum all year, was convinced he'd be better than Ayton. Attending the Sloan Sports Analytics conference and asking Morey a question? Seems like a bright young man with legendary measureables.

He's been working on his 3 ball for years and I could definitely see a world where provides elite rim protection solid switching versatility, 2 or so 3's a game on solid percentages opening up lanes for Kyrie and Tatum. I'd do whatever it takes to pick up Mo Bamba.
Pretty sure he had a successful application to Harvard, if I remember right. I bet him and Brad would have fun conversations.

If he pans out he could be absolutely amazing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2018, 12:55:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Should The Celtics trade back and get two second round picks for their first rounder? They could get those two sixers picks at 38 and 39 but Philly probably hangs up on Danny. Dallas has two at 33 and 54, but I think the really good one would be Phoenix with the 31st pick and 59th. So many teams have a lot of picks in this draft. Philly has six picks and they might need to clear cap space for a free agent.

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2018, 01:02:08 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Ainge will probably draft Hamidou Diallo in second round if he is still available.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2018, 01:08:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Ainge will probably draft Hamidou Diallo in second round if he is still available.

Has to get a pick first...

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2018, 02:27:16 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
In order:

Khyri Thomas
Bonga stash
Keita Bates Diop
Spellman  (if Spellman gets cut (as in ripped) in the NBA could he start to do Draymond type things basketball wise?
Divincenzo:  looks like a fun, twitchy player to watch hustle around, pester and shoot (no to Grayson!)

mid to late lottery:  Carter, Mikal Bridges, K. Knox

2cnd round if we get a pick:   Wagner, Duval, Alkins

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Bonga the most popular binkie... didn't see that one coming. Time for Ainge to buy a second rounder  :P

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 02:15:51 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Been banging the Bamba drum all year, was convinced he'd be better than Ayton. Attending the Sloan Sports Analytics conference and asking Morey a question? Seems like a bright young man with legendary measureables.

He's been working on his 3 ball for years and I could definitely see a world where provides elite rim protection solid switching versatility, 2 or so 3's a game on solid percentages opening up lanes for Kyrie and Tatum. I'd do whatever it takes to pick up Mo Bamba.
Pretty sure he had a successful application to Harvard, if I remember right. I bet him and Brad would have fun conversations.

Forgot he was considering Harvard, interesting cat. Could be the Jaylen Brown style, cerebral, athletic freak of this draft.

I'm probably in the minority on this but if it takes Jaylen to get Bamba I'd have to do it. -Since I don't see Rozier and picks getting the deal done-

Maybe something like...
Griz send
Memphis 2018 pick
Tyreke Sign and Trade

Celts send
Jaylen Brown
Protected Memphis Pick

Many voices I respect around here have argued that you don't trade an established talent like Jaylen for a draft pick who hasn't set foot in the NBA yet.

While conventionally I'd agree, Bamba is a IMO a special case. This is a guy that would've jumped strait from high school if he was allowed and provides an NBA ready skill set comprised of floor spacing and switchability, two things we highly value in a big man.

It'd be incredible to watch Bamba's improvement game in and game out and would have the potential to produce one of the most legendary big man rivalry since Shaq and Duncan with the Embiid in Philly factor.

I believe the death of the center position has been greatly exaggerated thanks to a dry spell of talented bigs from about 2008 to 2014ish. The Giants aren't dead, they've just been sleeping.

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 02:56:07 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Forgot he was considering Harvard, interesting cat. Could be the Jaylen Brown style, cerebral, athletic freak of this draft.

I'm probably in the minority on this but if it takes Jaylen to get Bamba I'd have to do it. -Since I don't see Rozier and picks getting the deal done-

Maybe something like...
Griz send
Memphis 2018 pick
Tyreke Sign and Trade

Celts send
Jaylen Brown
Protected Memphis Pick

Many voices I respect around here have argued that you don't trade an established talent like Jaylen for a draft pick who hasn't set foot in the NBA yet.

While conventionally I'd agree, Bamba is a IMO a special case. This is a guy that would've jumped strait from high school if he was allowed and provides an NBA ready skill set comprised of floor spacing and switchability, two things we highly value in a big man.

It'd be incredible to watch Bamba's improvement game in and game out and would have the potential to produce one of the most legendary big man rivalry since Shaq and Duncan with the Embiid in Philly factor.

I believe the death of the center position has been greatly exaggerated thanks to a dry spell of talented bigs from about 2008 to 2014ish. The Giants aren't dead, they've just been sleeping.
Yep, love Bamba as well. Not sure I'd be willing to part ways with Brown though.

It seems possible that Bamba will still be on the board at #4. Suppose we give the Grizzlies back their 2019 pick + Kings 2019 + Rozier + Yabu for #4. Even if they say no, we still have the Clips 2019 pick, our #27 pick this year and all our future firsts.

Obviously, at some point it's no longer worth it anymore. Having said that, if Danny believes Bamba is the man, it's possible that we can strike a deal without having to include Brown.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:01:16 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I have been all in on bamba for months.
Sacto pick+our pick+clippers pick.
Git her done danny boyyyy
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 03:04:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Should The Celtics trade back and get two second round picks for their first rounder? They could get those two sixers picks at 38 and 39 but Philly probably hangs up on Danny. Dallas has two at 33 and 54, but I think the really good one would be Phoenix with the 31st pick and 59th. So many teams have a lot of picks in this draft. Philly has six picks and they might need to clear cap space for a free agent.

It depends if you think the Celtics should/will use the MLE to resign Baynes or another free agent.  An early 2nd rounder will eat into a decent chunk of that exception, unless you want to sign him for just two years at the minimum (answer: you don’t want to do that).  If you are hoping that the Celtics will use the MLE, then you should not want them to trade into the early 2nd.