Author Topic: I ain't mad at Babs Bottini  (Read 3888 times)

Re: I ain't mad at Babs Bottini
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
It is illegal to share confidential medical records with anyone.  Thus, not reasonable at all to share that information.

Sure. Have you ever been married? You don't think Okafor failing that physical was super frustrating?

Moreover - how "confidential," was it? Collars was just trying to protect Jah's career. I'm sure the team could have disclosed the reason the trade failed.
And it is still illegal to share that information.  Unless Okafor and Fultz signed releases allowing Colangelo to tell his wife about their medical conditions, Colangelo violated the law.  It really is that simple.

what was fultz' medical issue that was disclosed?
That he wasn't injured and that the shooting woes were a mental thing.  That would be disclosing medical results and in violation of HIPPA.  The government doesn't mess around with those things.  It is a serious offense to violate HIPPA.

Lol i work for a health care company Moranis. Thanks for explaining though. Lol you really crack me up.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 03:19:42 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
It is illegal to share confidential medical records with anyone.  Thus, not reasonable at all to share that information.

Sure. Have you ever been married? You don't think Okafor failing that physical was super frustrating?

Moreover - how "confidential," was it? Collars was just trying to protect Jah's career. I'm sure the team could have disclosed the reason the trade failed.
And it is still illegal to share that information.  Unless Okafor and Fultz signed releases allowing Colangelo to tell his wife about their medical conditions, Colangelo violated the law.  It really is that simple.

That he wasn't injured and that the shooting woes were a mental thing.  That would be disclosing medical results and in violation of HIPPA.  The government doesn't mess around with those things.  It is a serious offense to violate HIPPA.

Lol i work for a health care company Moranis. Thanks for explaining though. Lol you really crack me up.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's not an expert on HIPAA regulations. However, this HIPPA thing could really get Colangelo in trouble.

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's not an expert on HIPAA regulations. However, this HIPPA thing could really get Colangelo in trouble.

Yeah it's more amusing to me cause I work in health care and have periodically made a secondary income on stat based line evaluations for sports events and at various points moranis has tried to educate me on odds and how Medical regulations work.

Humor aside, I agree with him about the okafor stuff. If okafor really did fail a physical and their was an agreement to not disclose that information (there are different requirements for pro athletes and injuries than there are for private citizens) he could very well get in trouble. There just is a lot of missing information though. Obviously if Stevens says Hayward suffered a small setback in his injury recovery we all assume he isn't committing a violation of haywards medical rights.

With respect to fultz, the stance there was a medical discloure seems like a real stretch. I haven't read every tweet, but what I have seen was along the lines "his trainer really threw off his shot by having him try strange exercises." That really doesn't have anything to do with fultz b big injured and is an opinion on training methods. Most people don't actually have to take the training I do to know what I can and can't say when I see it (even specifically what I could say on social media) so it is a bit humorous to me that everyone takes a holier than though view on the subject (and I am not specifically referencing moranis here, it happens everywhere)

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558

I'm a lawyer at an entity that has all sorts of medical records.  I have multiple BAA's on my desk for review right now. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 03:52:17 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I'm a lawyer at an entity that has all sorts of medical records.  I have multiple BAA's on my desk for review right now.

Ok. Believe you. Finding a new slant now...

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

So given that, you view this as a medical disclosure?

“The so call mentor tried to force him to change the shot. Tapes have surfaced of the guy making Markelle shooting while sitting on a chair, while on his back on the floor etc. The guy denies it as doesn’t want to say Y was forced out of kid’s life. Y nobody reports this.”

He's talking about a trainer being bad a their job and whether the trainer was let go or not. That inside information, and could even violate some emplyment law if he was fired by the team and their was a settlement on his departure. However, it is not a medical disclosure

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2018, 04:20:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

“The so call mentor tried to force him to change the shot. Tapes have surfaced of the guy making Markelle shooting while sitting on a chair, while on his back on the floor etc. The guy denies it as doesn’t want to say Y was forced out of kid’s life. Y nobody reports this.”

He's talking about a trainer being bad a their job and whether the trainer was let go or not. That inside information, and could even violate some emplyment law if he was fired by the team and their was a settlement on his departure. However, it is not a medical disclosure
That one is not.  I read one in an article that said Fultz wasn't injured at all.  That would be a disclosure of the results of a medical examination.  There are others that are borderline, like talking about trauma in the family messing him up (implying he wasn't injured at all), and things of that nature.  Likely not crossing the line, but close enough it probably shouldn't be out there. 

Of course if Fultz and Okafor signed releases that would allow this, there isn't an issue, but since the Sixers never officially released this information, I'd say it probably is because those releases don't exist.

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Has anyone actually seen videos of Fultz shooting from a chair or from his back?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2018, 04:38:07 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

That one is not.  I read one in an article that said Fultz wasn't injured at all.  That would be a disclosure of the results of a medical examination.  There are others that are borderline, like talking about trauma in the family messing him up (implying he wasn't injured at all), and things of that nature.  Likely not crossing the line, but close enough it probably shouldn't be out there. 

Of course if Fultz and Okafor signed releases that would allow this, there isn't an issue, but since the Sixers never officially released this information, I'd say it probably is because those releases don't exist.

Here is another one:

“Supposedly he just had some really traumatic family personal experience which really messed him up, probably just needs some time to process (☺️) and heal.”

I don't really think anyone is going to say "supposedly he had some really traumatic family personal experience" about a public figure (which we still don't what was or even happened) is going to get someone fined for HIPAA violation. I actually doubt a doctor/medical professional told that to Brian and we really don't even know what he is referencing and if it is true. It is also the kind of blanket sentence you could probably  blindly say about half the population and have it be accurate. Its slimy and inappropriate for sure, but just don't think we need to get ridiculous with the HIPAA stuff...

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 04:42:21 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I ain't mad at Babs either.  She just did Boston a HUGE solid.  Philly now needs to choose between their GM and big name free agents in 2018.  No way in hell PG13 or LBJ touch Philly with a ten foot pole as long as Bryan "I sunk Phoenix and I can sink you too" Colangelo is calling the shots.

Stand by your man girl!

I also think it's reasonable for a man to share sensitive information with his wife. Although I bet they are having a massive fight right now. And obviously it's not reasonable to share info with her moving forward.

Nice to see a woman down for her man.

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Here is another one:

“Supposedly he just had some really traumatic family personal experience which really messed him up, probably just needs some time to process (☺️) and heal.”

I don't really think anyone is going to say "supposedly he had some really traumatic family personal experience" about a public figure (which we still don't what was or even happened) is going to get someone fined for HIPAA violation. I actually doubt a doctor/medical professional told that to Brian and we really don't even know what he is referencing and if it is true. It is also the kind of blanket sentence you could probably  blindly say about half the population and have it be accurate. Its slimy and inappropriate for sure, but just don't think we need to get ridiculous with the HIPAA stuff...
Um, did you not read my post?

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 04:49:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Here is another one:

Yea responded to it. You vaguely referred to his Trauma quote, I actually included it and expalined why it wouldn't be HIPAA. What part are you not getting?

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 08:11:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 06:25:54 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Here is another one:

Yea responded to it. You vaguely referred to his Trauma quote, I actually included it and expalined why it wouldn't be HIPAA. What part are you not getting?
yeah I mentioned it and said it wasnt a violation. I guess you just didn't understand my post.

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 07:47:30 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 557
I ain't mad at Babs either.  She just did Boston a HUGE solid.  Philly now needs to choose between their GM and big name free agents in 2018.  No way in hell PG13 or LBJ touch Philly with a ten foot pole as long as Bryan "I sunk Phoenix and I can sink you too" Colangelo is calling the shots.

Stand by your man girl!

I also think it's reasonable for a man to share sensitive information with his wife. Although I bet they are having a massive fight right now. And obviously it's not reasonable to share info with her moving forward.

Nice to see a woman down for her man.
The LibertyBallers will erect a statue to her if it gets Colangelo fired.  They can get a lot better GM.