Author Topic: Trump signs right to Try Bill. What did the Dems do?  (Read 802 times)

Re: Trump signs right to Try Bill. What did the Dems do?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 11:36:19 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1192
Generally speaking, I side with people being allowed to put anything in their bodies they so choose, so long as doing so doesn't put anyone else's life in immediate danger.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 12:13:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Today President Trump signed a "Right to Try" bill which means terminally ill people can try non FDA approved alternative medicine or treatment.  It keeps the government out of your business so that you can try something that might help you.
Only 22 Democrats supported the bill.  The majority of Democrats hate Trump so much that they voted against terminally ill people from seeking alternative treatment.  This is disgusting.
Cool. Soon you won't have to go to Central America to have a "spirit healer" cure your teinal disease. You'll be able to give them your hard earned money right in your own back yard.

These people are terminally ill.  They are going to die and be in a lot of pain.  They have the right to CHOOSE what ever they want.  YOU or the federal government should not dictate what they want to do.  This is the problem of the Elitist left. They think they whats best for you.
I don't pretend to know (or care, really) what's good for you. But I'm pretty sure I can tell that trying to cure real disease with imaginary cures is, in fact, not good for you.

The thing is, terminally ill people who are going to die and be in a lot of pain tend to be grasping at straws -- which means that the only likely effect of the regulation you're so remorselessly lauding is that will make it easier for shameless quacks like Alex Guerrero to sell Supreme Greens to sick and desperate people.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 05:09:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1042
How many people in this thread have had cancer or  the like?   I am curious.   I have my was done by surgery and so far I am ok.  I was lucky, but some families this is the only hope that they have.

The thing is, terminally ill people who are going to die and be in a lot of pain tend to be grasping at straws -- which means that the only likely effect of the regulation you're so remorselessly lauding is that will make it easier for shameless quacks like Alex Guerrero to sell Supreme Greens to sick and desperate people.

True, but how much different is this from people giving money to televangelists or churchs?   They don't cure disease, always help people either but they can take a lot of money.

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 05:47:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27753
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Today President Trump signed a "Right to Try" bill which means terminally ill people can try non FDA approved alternative medicine or treatment.  It keeps the government out of your business so that you can try something that might help you.
Only 22 Democrats supported the bill.  The majority of Democrats hate Trump so much that they voted against terminally ill people from seeking alternative treatment.  This is disgusting.
Cool. Soon you won't have to go to Central America to have a "spirit healer" cure your teinal disease. You'll be able to give them your hard earned money right in your own back yard.

These people are terminally ill.  They are going to die and be in a lot of pain.  They have the right to CHOOSE what ever they want.  YOU or the federal government should not dictate what they want to do.  This is the problem of the Elitist left. They think they whats best for you.
I don't pretend to know (or care, really) what's good for you. But I'm pretty sure I can tell that trying to cure real disease with imaginary cures is, in fact, not good for you.

Are these imaginary cures, though? Critics are acting like this allows selling of snake oil.

The terminally ill are being given access to drugs that have passed FDA stage one approval. Why is that bad?

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2018, 08:03:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1042
There are a lot of quacks out there.   But one can rules those out pretty easy if one has any modicum of google search fu.   Given how many people fall for these I guess it is not that easy....