Author Topic: Merged Bryan Colangelo Twitter Scandal / Resignation Threads  (Read 24444 times)

Re: Merged Bryan Colangelo Twitter Scandal / Resignation Threads
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
The worst thing is this could cost us Mike Zarren.

« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Boo Hinkie!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2018, 05:06:57 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This is all very strange. From what I've heard, his wife was the culprit. It was not fake news, but somehow his wife was doing all this stuff. How she knew all this inside info is still a mystery.  Wives generally aren't privy to what goes on in their husband's jobs. Nor are they usually much concerned.

Whether Colangelo knew what she was doing is the first question that pops up.

My wife and I pretty much know if there's any drama in the other's work life. Okafor and Embiid were big investments by PHI, so it's not like they were under the radar.

I think the second part of the bolded is becoming less and less true. June Cleaver doesn't really exist in my age group (30's). I think there's more of an overlap between the public and private life with respect to the traditional roles of husbands and wives. I don't blame Colangelo for confiding in his wife as an advisor. I do blame him for not shutting down 5 Twitter accounts. He was reckless. In my eyes, the 76ers didn't really have a choice but ask him to resign/fire him.

yea unless you are in like the FBI or a laywer (in which case they probably still talk about non case stuff, eg a funny thing a coworker said), most wives/husbands are not going to be ok with you never talking about your job.
In Colangelo's statement where he threw his wife under the bus, he said:

"At no point did I ever purposefully or directly share any sensitive, non-public, club-related information with her."

You believe that Tazz? Want to buy some swampland in Florida... lol

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This is all very strange. From what I've heard, his wife was the culprit. It was not fake news, but somehow his wife was doing all this stuff. How she knew all this inside info is still a mystery.  Wives generally aren't privy to what goes on in their husband's jobs. Nor are they usually much concerned.

My wife and I pretty much know if there's any drama in the other's work life. Okafor and Embiid were big investments by PHI, so it's not like they were under the radar.

I think the second part of the bolded is becoming less and less true. June Cleaver doesn't really exist in my age group (30's). I think there's more of an overlap between the public and private life with respect to the traditional roles of husbands and wives. I don't blame Colangelo for confiding in his wife as an advisor. I do blame him for not shutting down 5 Twitter accounts. He was reckless. In my eyes, the 76ers didn't really have a choice but ask him to resign/fire him.

yea unless you are in like the FBI or a laywer (in which case they probably still talk about non case stuff, eg a funny thing a coworker said), most wives/husbands are not going to be ok with you never talking about your job.

"At no point did I ever purposefully or directly share any sensitive, non-public, club-related information with her."

It is certainly possible.  I suspect he does a lot of work at home.  Entirely possible his wife just overheard conversations he was having on the phone.  Makes him reckless, but not necessarily purposeful. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2018, 05:13:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Boo Hinkie!

I do think we will lose Zarren unfortunately (much to the chagrin of a few fans on here with a griffin fantasy)

« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Of course I don't believe it.  But by him claiming that, the normal husband and wife communications excuse doesn't apply.  I said long before this situation came up that I think the Colangelos are snakes and Bryan has a CYA personality.  This situation and BC's response just confirms it. 

« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Of course I don't believe it.  But by him claiming that, the normal husband and wife communications excuse doesn't apply.  I said long before this situation came up that I think the Colangelos are snakes and Bryan has a CYA personality.  This situation and BC's response just confirms it.

Yea I agree.

« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527

Exactly

« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2018, 06:07:22 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

yea unless you are in like the FBI or a laywer (in which case they probably still talk about noncase stuff, eg a funny thing a coworker said), most wives/husbands are not going to be ok with you never talking about your job.

There are a lot more jobs than you'd think ranging from finance, accounting, government, consulting, procurement, R&D, investigations, healthcare, etc., where you can't really talk about confidential information with family. I never gave much info to my family about the work I did except once when safety was a clear issue.

Anyhow, in this case, the info is too specific and too voluminous for it to have come from the wife.

« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2018, 06:12:09 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

yea unless you are in like the FBI or a laywer (in which case they probably still talk about noncase stuff, eg a funny thing a coworker said), most wives/husbands are not going to be ok with you never talking about your job.

There are a lot more jobs than you'd think ranging from finance, accounting, government, consulting, procurement, R&D, investigations, healthcare, etc., where you can't really talk about confidential information with family. I never gave much info to my family about the work I did except once when safety was a clear issue.

Anyhow, in this case, the info is too specific and too voluminous for it to have come from the wife.

tommy point

« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

he isn't throwing her under the bus

That is him preventing him and his family from lawsuits 

« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2018, 08:07:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Hope it doesn't result in them taking Zarren.  He was supposed to be the heir to Ainge.