Author Topic: What ring chasing veteran might take a discount to come win a ring?  (Read 8366 times)

Re: What ring chasing veteran might take a discount to come win a ring?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tony Parker

Dwayne Wade

IT ...one year deal. If he got the MLE here and it was his best offer he's a fool not to take it.

Avery Bradley....see above

Aaron Afflalo

Shane Larkin

Joe Johnson

Ersan Ilyasova

Derrick Rose if they determine he's a better option than Shane Larkin

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 10:20:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Glenn Robinson III would be a great fit.  Same with Yogi Ferrell at back-up PG.

I'd give Perk an honorary lifetime contract.

That ship has sailed. He is now with the enemy and cheering on the enemy. Bye Felicia.

Perk was traded the season we should've won our 2nd title, so you can't blame him for any lack of allegiance to the Celts.  He remains friends with the guys from that team though.  Last I read he was still doing summer camps with Rondo.

I do honestly believe GR3 and Ferrell would be great additions.  GR3 is a very good and flexible defender, perfect for our system.  While he can be too hesitant offensively at times, he's also a career 38% shooter from deep.  Coming off injury last season at age 24, he may be available and relatively inexpensive too, as he has yet to break out.

Yogi Ferrell is solid young player (25).  Good feel for the game, decent rebounder and passer, good scorer, and shoots 38% from deep.  Also a fine athlete and can hold his own on defense. While he looked like he could coexist with DSJ at times, I'm not sure how he fits into their plans moving forward.  But if Rozier were to be traded, Yogi could be a darkhorse FA target.

TP for the GR III mention. We should have picked him up at least a couple of years ago, imo, and Yogi Ferrell is also a good potential option, as well. No idea as to how he managed to go undrafted, but whatever.

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 10:26:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Tony Parker

Dwayne Wade

IT ...one year deal. If he got the MLE here and it was his best offer he's a fool not to take it.

Aaron Afflalo

Shane Larkin

Joe Johnson

Ersan Ilyasova

Definitely put me down for Arron Afflalo, and I would have loved for Joe Johnson to have come home, so to speak, but that was a year or two ago, now, as I hate to say it, but the guy looks like expired milk out there, these days :-\. Derrick Rose is probably staying in Minnesota, however, if I had to guess.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 11:07:05 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Montrezl Harrell
Nerlens Noel

Solve the rim protection, rebounding issues.

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 11:14:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

I'd give Perk an honorary lifetime contract.

I can't believe Ainge traded Perk for Jeff Green years ago, and now they both are in the NBA Finals as teammates.

And both Jeff Green and Kendrick Perkins are going to face Kevin Durant in the NBA Finals, who all three were formerly OKC Thunder teammates.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 11:49:16 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
why waste a roster spot on a ring chasing veteran? Just give us our 2 superstars back, healthy, and we are winning the title as is.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 11:52:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm sure we'll be a decent destination for buyout guys but I don't think we're a ring chasing option. LBJs team and the GSW are the only two in the league that are I think.

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 08:56:42 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Brooke Lopez would be a perfect fit....but probably too expensive.

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 09:29:17 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
why waste a roster spot on a ring chasing veteran? Just give us our 2 superstars back, healthy, and we are winning the title as is.

I agree we don't need a ring chasing veteran, but the reason is a little different.

As it is, the team next year is already a different team than this year. There will probably be no Smart, but there will be Hayward and Irving, and the lineups will need to change, the plays will be different, there will be different sets of guys to get touches. The egos of Tatum and Brown will need to be managed (they will no longer be options 1 and 2, but 3 and 4).

All of this will already be a big challenge. Why throw in a ring chasing vet to the mix? Save that for the following year....

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:52 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think Reddick is a serious possibility. He has enjoyed playing against Boston, and he's very good friends with Kyrie. He mentioned two years ago (?) about how much of a menace Smart was defensively, and has always praised the fans and Stevens.

He's made pretty good money, and if he did well here, he could certainly get a lucrative contract that could not only allow him to get paid handsomely at a decent price, but he could do more ventures by broadcasting, or podcasting especially in a huge Sports town like this.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2018, 03:08:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tony Parker

Dwayne Wade

Aaron Afflalo

Shane Larkin

Joe Johnson

Ersan Ilyasova

good list (other than tony Parker and maybe d wade. Both are cooked. Wade said he will only play for heat I believe )

I like ilyasova. Maybe belinelli as well

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2018, 03:10:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I think Reddick is a serious possibility. He has enjoyed playing against Boston, and he's very good friends with Kyrie. He mentioned two years ago (?) about how much of a menace Smart was defensively, and has always praised the fans and Stevens.

He's made pretty good money, and if he did well here, he could certainly get a lucrative contract that could not only allow him to get paid handsomely at a decent price, but he could do more ventures by broadcasting, or podcasting especially in a huge Sports town like this.
that would be amazing. He got overpaid last year so maybe he takes that into account

He’s made $78 million his career. He needs a ring not money. Let’s see which way he goes 

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2018, 03:18:49 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

that would be amazing. He got overpaid last year so maybe he takes that into account

He’s made $78 million his career. He needs a ring not money. Let’s see which way he goes

He’s a nice player, no doubt. But if you use an exception to get him, how are you paying Baynes or his replacement? We can’t go into next year with our bigs rotation being Horford, Theis, Morris. Need one guy 250 lbs. or more.

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2018, 10:32:10 PM »

Offline uconnceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I know I might be in the minority but I like Noel and think a change of scenery will help him as he is a solid defender and rebounder.

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2018, 10:39:28 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Brooke Lopez would be a perfect fit....but probably too expensive.

Brook Lopez is a terrible defender, we don't need someone that can be abused on defense.