Author Topic: ABC cancels the #1 show on TV (Roseanne)  (Read 3998 times)

Re: ABC cancels the #1 show on TV (Roseanne)
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2018, 08:03:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 29
Good the whole show is about redneck fat slobs

Speaking of intolerance...
Tolerance for thee not for me

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2018, 08:11:35 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 444
Bill maher compared trump to an orangutan a few years ago.  Will hbo condemn or is bigotry allowed against trump?

https://youtu.be/WB4sGX0R5ak

I can also list many comedians who make race jokes.

Maher is an old racist and has said much worse than that about Muslims openly and used the N word in ridiculous fashion a while ago.  Feel free to fire him as well.  If you are trying to make this a Right vs Left thing, Maher isn't even really on the Left and I could point you to some worse statements he has made if you want better ammo.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 444
I see Bill Maher is trending now. If the right takes down Maher for us, I'm going to go ahead and say bringing Roseanne back was a great thing.

Yes exactly lol.  It says a lot about their lack of understanding about what the Left really is I think.  TP.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2018, 08:16:49 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2419
The hilarious thing for me is that I thought ALL Rednecks were racist before I joined the Navy.

I learned there that they are some cool dudes / dudettes. Country as all get-out but flat-out COOL and good shipmates.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1176
Haven't seen what she said, but it doesn't take much imagination to guess it was pretty classless, at best.

Rosanne has always had a loose mouth and poor judgment. Can't say I'm surprised about this.

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2018, 08:23:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 8853
didn't like the show the first time around and really can't stand the updated version.  never found her to be particularly funny but could at least appreciate her brand of comedy early on before her show.

what mystifies me is why she would pick this person to make this type of comment about.  to the  best of my knowledge, this person was not in the public spotlight nor seeking attention.  if I've missed anything regarding that, please share that info but in consideration of this just being the average every day person, this was nothing more than a mean-spirited/racist tweet that served no purpose other than to allow Roseanne to get her jollies.  no excusing it or changing of her story is believable.

surprised ABC moved this fast to kill the show.  kudos to them for quick action that will result in a financial loss for them

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »

Online liam

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 704
In the real world you can't just tweet some racist stuff without consequences so why should show business folks be any different. If I had had made a Tweet like that my company would fire me immediately. I don't have a tweeter account, but you get my point. Also, who wants someone that ignorant working for them. Not just racist but ignorant of consequences as well.

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2018, 08:36:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • Walter Brown
  • Tommy Points: 5366
Roseanne's words didn't effect just her. Over 200 people lose their jobs because of the cancellation and Disney also loses the revenue from sponsors advertising on the #1 show in America. So she not only goes racist but screws over a bunch of people.

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2018, 08:49:04 PM »

Online liam

• Danny Ainge
Roseanne's words didn't effect just her. Over 200 people lose their jobs because of the cancellation and Disney also loses the revenue from sponsors advertising on the #1 show in America. So she not only goes racist but screws over a bunch of people.

Exactly actions have consequences and not just for the people directly involved. Stupidity effects everyone.

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2018, 08:51:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
I can't judge Roseanne. Never watched her show before and don't know her personally.

Only God knows what's in her heart.

She DID apologize for it immediately - which is a lost art among some.

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2018, 09:36:19 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 888
ABC made a money move.....they really donít care about racism. If you care about racism Disney would hire more minorities at Disneyland.

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2018, 09:40:18 PM »

Online liam

• Danny Ainge
I can't judge Roseanne. Never watched her show before and don't know her personally.

Apologizes are cheap. She should try making amends. Just because you apologize doesn't mean anyone has to accept it. She's only sorry that her actions had consequences...

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 888

Apologizes are cheap. She should try making amends. Just because you apologize doesn't mean anyone has to accept it. She's only sorry that her actions had consequences...

This

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2018, 09:46:00 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 275
Good the whole show is about redneck fat slobs

Speaking of intolerance...

Actually redneck is an embraced term by many white communities.  Calling them fat is merely subjective but anatomically accurate by most requirements, and slob is just my own personal dig 8)

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey

Hopefully she will.

If she's sincere then I think some will accept it.

Let's see if she is as outspoken in her apologies and bridge-mending as she was touting political issues.