Author Topic: ABC cancels the #1 show on TV (Roseanne)  (Read 4002 times)

Re: ABC cancels the #1 show on TV (Roseanne)
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2018, 06:23:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 472
I think it's a possibility  Roseanne didn't even knew Valerie Jarret was black

I still don't think anyone should be compared to apes. Maher was out of line too

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2018, 06:25:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 472
Bill maher compared trump to an orangutan a few years ago.  Will hbo condemn or bigotry allowed against trump?

https://youtu.be/WB4sGX0R5ak

I can also list many comedians who make race jokes.

While I think Maher can be a big jerk, I don't see this as even a little bit comparable to Roseanne calling an African American an ape.
you donít see the similarity of Maher making fun of trumps skin color? How do you define racial bigotry then if it isnít that?
You think choosing to wear orange spray tan is the same as being born black? That's quite an impressive leap, I must admit.
so itís ok to bully someone over their skin color and compare them to monkeys  as long as itís a Tan  ? Just want to make it clear

If you don't see the difference between calling a black person that term and a white dude, i think were done with rational discussion here as a threshold matter.

Can you prove Roseanne knew Valerie was a black person?

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2018, 06:27:49 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 265
I think it's a possibility  Roseanne didn't even knew Valerie Jarret was black

I still don't think anyone should be compared to apes. Maher was out of line too

Although you have crafted some type of false equivalency that makes many scratch their head, at least you've created some type of hot take. Without your posts, this thread would not have lasted 3 pages- everyone would have agreed that she crossed the line and we would have moved on.

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2419
One thing my mom and I spoke a couple of years ago was how God was going to reveal to society the hate and bigotry prevalent in some people.

I thank Him for that.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 07:00:38 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2006
So I guess that you could say that this Tweet has resulted in Roseanne being...barred from TV ;) ::) ;D? #Groan

TP....haha...made me laugh!

Never liked her as an entertainer back then or now, but she will be working again, no doubt.

Number One show in the country surprises me, but that will pay off for her with another network/organization/some sort of subscriber service.

And, if every Trump supporter is uneducated and stupid and racist as many believe, then a big chunk of the country will watch her.

The dollar will prevail as always.

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2419
So I guess that you could say that this Tweet has resulted in Roseanne being...barred from TV ;) ::) ;D? #Groan

TP....haha...made me laugh!

Never liked her as an entertainer back then or now, but she will be working again, no doubt.

Number One show in the country surprises me, but that will pay off for her with another network/organization/some sort of subscriber service.

And, if every Trump supporter is uneducated and stupid and racist as many believe, then a big chunk of the country will watch her.

The dollar will prevail as always.

That's the thing, though.

The Trump supporters I know are NOT racist and uneducated.

They supported / voted for him for a myriad of reasons. I consider MANY of them colleagues, buddies.

It is the slow and often silent response from Washington on comments like this (and other issues) that drain on my spirit and trust of Pres. Trump.
Marcus Smart "Impacts Winning." Boston Celtics Coach Brad Stevens

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 864
Never been a fan of Roseanne off the screen and hated the fact that she was a Trump supporter, but I loved the show when I was younger (I was 8 when it came out) and was excited about the new season. While she obviously has a big mouth and can be more than controversial, I always appreciated her helping to push the LGBT agenda with 'the kiss', lesbians and gays flooding her original show, and Darlene's new transgender daughter.

It seems a shame that they were able to get everybody back on board for a re-boot and actually have it be successful, just to make a ridiculously insulting remark and get canceled. Thanks Roseanne and Kevin Spacey (even though I don't think he really did anything wrong) for killing two shows I actually watch (and, no, House of Cards won't be the same without Frank Underwood).

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2018, 07:24:15 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 275
Good the whole show is about redneck fat slobs

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2018, 07:29:10 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Never once watched episode and never a fan of hers- No way ABC would keep her after those tweets as well- Advertisers would pull out so fast heads would spin. They already took slack years back about The Bachelor show.

Dumb statements/jokes from dumb people never shock me-

Well, I guess she is going out on Top like Ortiz did minus the racism thing.

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 244
Of course she should be fired...really Idiotic tweet....

But, ABC/ESPN just hired that Huge ****bag, Keith Olbermann---His tweets are some the worst things you'll ever read.

Neither should have a job on television.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 07:37:40 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 265

But, ABC/ESPN just hired that Huge ****bag, Keith Olbermann---His tweets are some the worst things you'll ever read.

Come on man, you can't pique my curiosity without a link. I just googled around quickly and didn't see anything comparable from Olbermann. I have no opinion on Olbermann, just wondering what he said. Yes, I'm taking your bait.  ;D

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 244

Come on man, you can't pique my curiosity without a link. I just googled around quickly and didn't see anything comparable from Olbermann. I have no opinion on Olbermann, just wondering what he said. Yes, I'm taking your bait.  ;D

Can't link that foul mouthed jerk....sorry, do some research....ha.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27825
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
Good the whole show is about redneck fat slobs

Speaking of intolerance...

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2018, 07:59:21 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 7
As a result of Roseanne's blatantly racist tweet this morning regarding a President Obama aide Valerie Jarrett.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/29/media/roseanne-twitter-chelsea-clinton/index.html

Good riddance.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2018, 08:02:27 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 186
I see Bill Maher is trending now. If the right takes down Maher for us, I'm going to go ahead and say bringing Roseanne back was a great thing.