Author Topic: Weird Idea. Change the 3 pointer, to a 2.5er  (Read 3167 times)

Weird Idea. Change the 3 pointer, to a 2.5er
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:37:11 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 This really is just turning into a three-point shooting contest, and when the Celtics were cold, like last night, we lose.

When the Rockets were cold, like game seven, they lose. I think if you changed it to 2.5 people would shoot them less often, which would be good, we need to think of something to lessen the amount of three point shots.

Re: Weird Idea. Change the 3 pointer, to a 2.5er
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:41:06 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

This really is just turning into a three-point shooting contest and when the Celtics were cold like last night we lose when the Rockets were cold like game seven they lose I think if you changed it to 2.5 people would take them at least a little bit less which would be good we need to think of something.

I thought about this idea but at my gym. We play 1's and 2's, it's ridiculous how much that scoring setup advantages good long distance shooters.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:44:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
make your shots and stop complaining

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 11:47:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
They're not going to change the rules just because rozier went 0-10 from 3

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
In the 80s no team was shooting threes because maybe its a difficult to ask a player to stand in a corner and wait for an assist from Bird or Magic.

The best thing for the NBA to do is not count threes as twos during the first 10 minutes of each qtr except the 4th when all threes shot will be counted as threes. This way we are bound to see mid range and box actions as teams can pack the middle.. All of Curry's 40 footers which are layups for him will be just worth 2 points... Haha.

Ofcourse it will be stupid for the league to do this anyway.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 11:48:14 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

This really is just turning into a three-point shooting contest and when the Celtics were cold like last night we lose when the Rockets were cold like game seven they lose I think if you changed it to 2.5 people would take them at least a little bit less which would be good we need to think of something.

I thought about this idea but at my gym. We play 1's and 2's, it's ridiculous how much that scoring setup advantages good long distance shooters.

It also means really bad shooters take tons of 3s, because hey, if you have a 6% chance of making a shot anywhere in the 3-25 foot range, you might as well take a 3.

I think the 1/2 thing has ruined pickup basketball.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
In the 80s no team was shooting threes because maybe its a difficult to ask a player to stand in a corner and wait for an assist from Bird or Magic.

The best thing for the NBA to do is not count threes as twos during the first 10 minutes of each qtr except the 4th when all threes shot will be counted as threes. This way we are bound to see mid range and box actions as teams can pack the middle.. All of Curry's 40 footers which are layups for him will be just worth 2 points... Haha.

rules aren't changing just because a few people don't like 3 pointers
I bet Most people love the shot

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 11:54:50 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think if the 3 point shooting percentage continues to climb, this would be a brilliant solution.

TP.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 11:56:16 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

Most people love the shot because it doesnt take much effort to jack up a 3. Almost anyone can do it. Breaking down a defender and slicing your way to the hoop is another story.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Most people love the shot because it doesnt take much effort to jack up a 3. Almost anyone can do it. Breaking down a defender and slicing your way to the hoop is another story.
I meant most viewers like the shot

Why would they change what entertains the audience the most?

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 11:58:09 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I think if the 3 point shooting percentage continues to climb, this would be a brilliant solution.

TP.
solution to what problem

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 11:58:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Plus, it appeals to those who aren’t basketball fans, but rather fans of the spectacle. That in addition to the constant message of “the games better than it ever has been” being shoved down people’s throats by ESPN and the like just furthers that.

The game is in a garbage state, and I like this as a creative solution. TP
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 12:01:18 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

TP.
solution to what problem

lol...now you know why there is the saying ‘this is a solution looking for a problem’

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:01:32 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
make your shots and stop complaining

No. Think about it. There is just too much incentives for the mathematician's to shoot threes. It's ruining the game.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 12:02:57 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

CHICKS definitely love the long ball.