Author Topic: Honestly Feels Kind Of Scripted  (Read 2800 times)

Re: Honestly Feels Kind Of Scripted
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 07:31:28 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
The only way that theory makes sense is if you think the NBA paid off guys like Rozier, Smart and Brown.

There was dozens of point shaving scandals in college basketball. I wouldn't count out the possibility of it existing in the pro league. Probably not our guys, but maybe someone else.

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 08:09:46 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It seems scripted but there is no way that they could buy off CBS ever, period.   We beat ourselves with poor shot taking and bad decisions, in game seven we played like a young team.

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 08:10:50 AM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Does anyone else remember something like this? I remember in a big finals game between the Celts and Lakers (maybe Magic's skyhook buzzer beater game I want to say in 1987) the Lakers called a timeout when no one had possession of the ball. The refs gave LA the timeout and gave possession of the ball to LA. That might have even been the bad call that lead to the buzzer beater shot.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 08:19:11 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The only way that theory makes sense is if you think the NBA paid off guys like Rozier, Smart and Brown.

There was dozens of point shaving scandals in college basketball. I wouldn't count out the possibility of it existing in the pro league. Probably not our guys, but maybe someone else.

Perhaps, but what player good enough to impact the point spread is going to risk their NBA career?  How much would that cost?   College kids can be bought for cheap.

Regardless, our back court just sucked.  It happens. Hell, Cousy shot 2-for-20 in a Finals Game 7 once.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 08:27:09 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I always find it funny when fans of the winningest franchise in the sports history complain about the sport being rigged.  The hypocrisy is hilarious.

The reality is, basketball, more than any other sport, is most often won by the team that has the best player because in basketball one player can affect the game so much and over the course of a 7 game series, it is hard to beat the best player 4 times.  It should never surprise anyone when that team wins a series. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 08:41:33 AM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
The NBA recently has a history of a rogue official. (IF you believe his book there is more than one.) I call it surgical game manipulation which has an accumulative effect.

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 08:50:57 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

Perhaps, but what player good enough to impact the point spread is going to risk their NBA career?  How much would that cost?   College kids can be bought for cheap.

Regardless, our back court just sucked.  It happens. Hell, Cousy shot 2-for-20 in a Finals Game 7 once.
Good point on the Couz.

If smart and rozier had combined to shoot 3 pointers at the abysmal rate of 20 percent the Celtics could of have won. Instead they went 0 for 14.

Sometimes a team or a few players on the team plays poorly.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 09:35:00 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
InfoWars CelticsBlog remains the worst CelticsBlog.  Though at least roping in the teams that lost is a novel angle.

Our youth and inexperience finally caught up to us and the Rockets have been notorious playoff chokers for years, so two veteran championship teams overwhelmed them. Doesn't have to be any more complicated than that.

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The NBA recently has a history of a rogue official. (IF you believe his book there is more than one.) I call it surgical game manipulation which has an accumulative effect.
It is funny to me that people get all up in arms about a "rogue official" but then turn around and take everything he puts in his book at face value despite the fact that it's been written by a complete crook. I don't believe for a second there's anything that was put in there for a reason other than to make Donaghue look better.

With all this being said, I think the impact of refereeing on game outcomes is minimal to none. The "who's the ref" tonight paranoia is pretty much a waste of time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."