Author Topic: Offseason wishlist  (Read 5322 times)

Offseason wishlist
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:32:29 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Offseason wishlist

Upgrade Center position!!

After watching every game this season and analyzing things I honestly feel like WE lost this game. Just a lot of bad decisions. If I had a computer I’d definitely highlight why I believe we lost, which centers around not giving Horford the ball during mismatches but either way I know our weakness!

Going into next season we will be going against a better bucks, better philly, better, Indiana team, and even still a juggernaut Cavs team. What makes these teams a matchup issue for the C’s? The BIGS! Even if we made it to the finals what answers do we have for Clint Capela or even an active draymond green? We desperately need a big whom is AGGRESSIVE on boards and can protect the rim.

So with that being said Ainge has stated he only plans to do a little tweaking and I can agree with this for now, so who are our options?

Centers:
DeAndre Jordan - I mean the only negatives you can say is he can’t shoot and he may be pricy. Well Baynes shot 14% from 3. I’m a firm believer in EVERY player in the NBA is capable of hitting a open 3 pointer every now and then and Baynes proved that. Is Jordan not an upgrade over Baynes? Of course this depends on how much he is asking for in FA. In my opinion if there is a way to trade Smart for Jordon it needs to be done in some kind of sign and trade? Plus he averages 5 offensive boards a game and runs like a deer in transition.

Brook Lopez - Well why not sign someone who completely does everything we wanted from Baynes but better and also would come at a reasonable price. Shooting 34% from 3 over the past 2 seasons knocked back a Block a game is something to look at. He may not be able to defend as well as Jordan would but he comes at a cheaper price.

Nerlens Noel - So off gate I feel in my heart he is the one! At a young age he can grow into whatever we want him to be. I feel as he could not only come in without sacrificing anything but with his energy he could be our Smart replacement. He can hold guards as well as efficiently protect the rim. Not to mention he will really be CHEEEEEAP. A chance to come to his hometown will give him the motivation to play better so why not?

Dream scenario?
Sign and trade for Jordon -

To clippers: Smart + Morris + Clippers pick
To Celtics : Jordan + 2nd rounder

Pg: Irving/Rozier/Larkin
SG: Brown/ Rozier/ 27th pick
SF: Hayward/Tatum/Semi
PF: Horford/Theis/Yabusele
C: Jordan/ Noel (vet min?)/

If Sign and trade is not a realistic option then… sign Smart to whatever he wants using Bird rights and depending on how things look we can always leverage him for a big trade down the road.

PG: Irving/Rozier/Larkin
SG: Brown/Smart/27th pick
SF:Hayward/Tatum
PF: Horford/Morris/Yabusele
C: Lopez/ Noel/Theis

I prefer having a vet coming into the Center spot as we have a TON of draft picks and this gives us a chance to take a flier on an up and coming kid who may need some time to develop.We could make that risk draft pick and have him develop behind an aging efficient vet.

I chose Tatum to be the guy who comes off the bench as a 6th man. By removing Morris and Smart the 2nd unit is all his and Roziers to take the bulk of shots which i feel like they are great at. Of course Hayward could easily be swapped in as the 6th man it really does not matter to me they both will be productive.

What you guys think?

Re: Offseason wishlist
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:35:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Brook Lopez? :o If you think that Monroe is awful, defensively...

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
More likely: resign Baynes or get Dewayne Dedmon. Dedmon can opt out - and why not, if that takes him out of Atlanta. He could fit in the MLE.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
-We really don't need a center unless Baynes leaves, horford and theis are good and we should try to bring back baynes

#1 we need a backup wing off the bench that can create his own shot. After brown Hayward and tatum, we have zero wings. Semi has no offense and bad matchup against some. Tyreke evans type of player

#2 a young 2 way guard from the draft, with strong defense  With the 1st round pick... Someone like Duval 

#3 at least 1 ring chasing veteran taking a discount to come get a ring. Someone like tyreke Evans (whom would fill #1 nicely), dedmon
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 08:53:54 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:48:38 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well in another thread wrote I would  deal Rozier, Brown and Morris for Ayton.

Ayton vs Emid would be awesome

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 07:50:54 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Tyreke Evans & Nerlens Noel..still dont know why ainge didnt trade for tyreke..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Brook Lopez does everything we expected from Baynes? Now here's a good laugh.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 08:06:23 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
Brook Lopez does everything we expected from Baynes? Now here's a good laugh.

Idk why y’all seem so high on Baynes. He does a lot of standing around and he just frustrates me at time with the unwillingness to play D on anyone who is not slow like him. At least Brookhaven the capability of dropping 20 in a game as he can stretch the floor more effectively.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
Tyreke Evans & Nerlens Noel..still dont know why ainge didnt trade for tyreke..

That wouldn’t be bad

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford

I couldn’t stomach getting rid of Brown it’s too much potential for him to be one of the best guards in the league. I feel like the things he has to work on are minor and easily fixable.

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 08:10:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Brook Lopez and Aron Baynes couldn't really be further apart. Brook Lopez is a chucker at center, who plays very little defence & is a god awful rebounder. He can put the ball in the hoop, but that's really it.

DJ would be fun, especially if he can improve his free throw % to low-mid 60's (unlikely, but who knows!). I don't think he fits this team at all, however.

Derrick Favors is another big man I'd be super interested in. He was really coming into his own before he got injured, and now their team doesn't really suit him at all. A 12/7 big guy who can defend and is athletic would be awesome
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
My wishlist is everyone gets and stays healthy for all of next season.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 08:38:21 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

I couldn’t stomach getting rid of Brown it’s too much potential for him to be one of the best guards in the league. I feel like the things he has to work on are minor and easily fixable.
There's nothing wrong with Brown or Rozier. Both will get better. But $ wise and need Ayton would be a savvy move.

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 08:41:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
A legit scorer off the bench that can hit shots.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 08:50:17 PM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Dwight Howard.