Author Topic: This loss stings for many reason  (Read 1865 times)

Re: This loss stings for many reason
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2018, 03:46:34 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The Celtics committed suicide, and the narrative is "Lebron...".
Honestly, I would have preferred a blow out from a good Cavs team.
That's not the feeling I have right now, that's why it hurts more than usual.

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 03:47:59 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Im not sure how Terry will be able to sleep on that performance. 0 for 10 from three... That is Starks like.. Wow

Jaylen Brown should be happy to see his idol Jeff Green win tonight... After all he patterns his game after him... You know have a good game every other night... And tonight was the night to stink.... Should we start calling him Uncle Jaylen now.

Smart's offensive performance was also putrid. Pay the man no more than 10 million. If he is signed by other teams for more than tat.. Goodbye MS.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 03:49:50 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
4. Jeff green dropped 20
5. Worse yet, do we win if kevin love plays? Love was playing terribly all series (cavs were -18 when he plays, +20 when he is on bench) and horford feasted when love switched to defend him

Yeah, Ty Lue caught a break. Not having Love threw a monkey wrench on Brad Stevens.
Lol, I don't think I've seen the excuse of "the other team was missing a player" before. That's a new one for sure.

I called that after they announced that Love is out for the series. Love was an net negative in the entire series and Brad had little time to adjust after he went out.
Then they could have just benched him and still won. You don't get to blame a loss on the other team's injuries, that makes no sense. Also we learned Love was out yesterday, so Stevens had plenty of time.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 04:13:20 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
4. Jeff green dropped 20
5. Worse yet, do we win if kevin love plays? Love was playing terribly all series (cavs were -18 when he plays, +20 when he is on bench) and horford feasted when love switched to defend him

Yeah, Ty Lue caught a break. Not having Love threw a monkey wrench on Brad Stevens.
Lol, I don't think I've seen the excuse of "the other team was missing a player" before. That's a new one for sure.

I called that after they announced that Love is out for the series. Love was an net negative in the entire series and Brad had little time to adjust after he went out.
Then they could have just benched him and still won. You don't get to blame a loss on the other team's injuries, that makes no sense. Also we learned Love was out yesterday, so Stevens had plenty of time.

Lue didn't benched Love for the whole series until he got hurt. Do you think he will bench his All-Star and the 2nd most consitent player in an elimination game?

I didn't solely blame the defeat with the loss of Love. There are just many factors and that was a just part of it. I'm not covering for Stevens but Brad have a habit of waiting further until making adjustments. Game 7 is just an example of it.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 04:19:13 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
I sincerely hope LBJ stays with Cavs, so we can beat him properly next year. Kyrie is not going to choke like Rozier, Brown and Smart would not need to shoot and miss that much when Hayward is available.

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 04:21:29 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
While losing to Lebron blows, as always, what bothers me more than anything else is the fact that this particular iteration of the Celtics joins the long list of teams who never even tried to challenge James, defensively. Sigh :-\.

They did. The problem is their terrible shooting. Holding an offensive juggernaut team to 87 points is quite impressive. They just didn't have enough firepower or just played smarter to capitalize.

While I agree insofar as Boston's terrible shooting and complete lack of any semblance of intelligent play are concerned, I completely disagree with the notion that they ever made him work, defensively, which is beyond pathetic, imo.

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2018, 04:37:15 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
While losing to Lebron blows, as always, what bothers me more than anything else is the fact that this particular iteration of the Celtics joins the long list of teams who never even tried to challenge James, defensively. Sigh :-\.

They did. The problem is their terrible shooting. Holding an offensive juggernaut team to 87 points is quite impressive. They just didn't have enough firepower or just played smarter to capitalize.

While I agree insofar as Boston's terrible shooting and complete lack of any semblance of intelligent play are concerned, I completely disagree with the notion that they ever made him work, defensively, which is beyond pathetic, imo.

Cavs, a great 3pt shooting team only shot 25% from 3. And 45% from the field is all we can hope for a freak like Lebron. Couldn't ask for more defensively. We just needed to hit few buckets.

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2018, 04:48:07 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
3 AM...it still hurts.  And what makes it worse is we get a Cavs/GSW finals again probably.

The only good news for me is that next season is actually this year...unlike my favorite show, Agents of SHIELD, which won't return until next summer! :)

No NFL...Screw the Finals...nothing to watch on TV...guess I'll have to check out that light outside my house, the one that is slowly and surely raising my electric bill in what is now known as AC Season...which looking at the rising numbers means "Aw Crap!" :)

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2018, 05:44:58 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Im not sure how Terry will be able to sleep on that performance. 0 for 10 from three... That is Starks like.. Wow

Jaylen Brown should be happy to see his idol Jeff Green win tonight... After all he patterns his game after him... You know have a good game every other night... And tonight was the night to stink.... Should we start calling him Uncle Jaylen now.

Smart's offensive performance was also putrid. Pay the man no more than 10 million. If he is signed by other teams for more than tat.. Goodbye MS.
I had that concern when we draft him..he is just too hot and cold, that's not how you reach greatness
I will give him another chance, see how much he improve during the summer before i call him Jeff Brown