Author Topic: This loss stings for many reason  (Read 1866 times)

This loss stings for many reason
« on: May 28, 2018, 01:26:09 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I get that this group still have plenty of chance to do so. But for many reasons, I'm so frustrated that we couldn't get it done although I still appreciate the fight this group brought.

1. Dethroning the King - Finals was just an icing in the cake if we finally take over the eastern conference. However The Queen could bolt to another team and form another superteam in the east, go to west or just simply retire. I want a win over him more than anything else.

2. Broken record - Celtics were undefeated when coming 2-0 but that just came to an end. Worst timing to go into brick fest.

3. Annoying cavs fanbase - yeah, probably the most cancerous fanbase in the NBA right now. I'd have to wait another year to silent these fools.

Re: This loss stings for many reason
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 01:27:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I get that this group still have plenty of chance to do so. But for many reasons, I'm so frustrated that we couldn't get it done although I still appreciate the fight this group brought.

1. Dethroning the King - Finals was just an icing in the cake if we finally take over the eastern conference. However The Queen could bolt to another team and form another superteam in the east, go to west or just simply retire. I want a win over him more than anything else.

2. Broken record - Celtics were undefeated when coming 2-0 but that just came to an end. Worst timing to go into brick fest.

3. Annoying cavs fanbase - yeah, probably the most cancerous fanbase in the NBA right now. I'd have to wait another year to silent these fools.

Lebum also broke 35-0 record after up 2

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 01:30:04 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
4. Jeff green dropped 20
5. Worse yet, do we win if kevin love plays? Love was playing terribly all series (cavs were -18 when he plays, +20 when he is on bench) and horford feasted when love switched to defend him

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 01:31:01 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
4. Jeff green dropped 20
5. Worse yet, do we win if kevin love plays? Love was playing terribly all series (cavs were -18 when he plays, +20 when he is on bench) and horford feasted when love switched to defend him

Yeah, Ty Lue caught a break. Not having Love threw a monkey wrench on Brad Stevens.

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 01:35:33 AM »

Offline Eric_Suede

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
What stings the most is that the Cavs didn't win game 7, the Celtics lost. Celtics shot under 18% from 3. That's the only stat you need to focus on. We had the Cavs in the penalty for the last 9 mins of the 4th quarter. Why in the World did (especially Brown & Rozier) continue to shoot 3's instead of attacking the basket. That's why this loss stings. It would've been ugly like game 5 but if they would've attacked the basket and just understand they couldn't buy a 3 they would've been better off.
You guys remember that one sequence when they got the offensive rebound like twice and bricked ALL 3 three point attempts. It's like Good Lord when is Brad Stephens going to step up and say "NO MORE 3's" it's just not happening tonight. smh.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 02:18:52 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Losing it like this in crunch time was the worst. This feels like a season wasted tbf, incredibly heartbreaking feeling.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 02:24:45 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Losing to James is the worst - I hate that drama queen.

When did Jeff Green suddenly acquire mental toughness - he was afraid of the bright lights when he played in Boston - that stupid trade cost us the 2011 banner.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 02:32:10 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
While losing to Lebron blows, as always, what bothers me more than anything else is the fact that this particular iteration of the Celtics joins the long list of teams who never even tried to challenge James, defensively. Sigh :-\.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 02:39:38 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
While losing to Lebron blows, as always, what bothers me more than anything else is the fact that this particular iteration of the Celtics joins the long list of teams who never even tried to challenge James, defensively. Sigh :-\.

They did. The problem is their terrible shooting. Holding an offensive juggernaut team to 87 points is quite impressive. They just didn't have enough firepower or just played smarter to capitalize.

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 03:18:39 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I guess the Pacers had a better shot at beating LeBron than the Celtics ever did.

This could have been the Pacers' year to be in the finals.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 03:21:25 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Cavs defense played like the '85 Chicago Bears defense. That's how good they were.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 03:30:35 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Missed the game as I was on a plane...looks like Green killed us and Terry and Jaylen couldn't buy a bucket. Consistency...that's what these guys need to work on over the summer. That's what differentiates the great players from the good ones, the ability to deliver a consistent level of performance over a long period of time irrespective of the situation. That's why Kyrie is Kyrie and Terry isn't quite there yet.

Oh well it was a good run, at the start of the year we would have all taken getting to the ECF and being one game away from the Finals. It's disappointing because expectations change over the course of a season, and even over the course of a series. We played so much better than Cleveland over the first couple of games and at home in general but just couldn't execute when it came to the crunch game. But they can be proud of what they achieved.

Gratz to Cleveland for their win and an entertaining series. As for LeBum, gotta take your hat off to him. Not much more to say. This might be his worst team since his first year back in Cleveland without Kyrie and Love and he dragged his team over the line. Hopefully the likes of Tatum and Brown see that type of commitment and will and aspire to be the same one day.

On to next year, when we get all our injured players back. It will be interesting to see what our team will look like and what, if any, changes there will be.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 03:38:14 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
4. Jeff green dropped 20

Yeah, Ty Lue caught a break. Not having Love threw a monkey wrench on Brad Stevens.
Lol, I don't think I've seen the excuse of "the other team was missing a player" before. That's a new one for sure.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 03:41:20 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Dunno what hurts more. Losing Game 7 IN BOSTON to LeBron James and his cast of nobodies, or the Patriots losing the Superbowl to the Eagles.

But as a Boston fan I've suffered hard this year lol.

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 03:46:19 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
4. Jeff green dropped 20

Lol, I don't think I've seen the excuse of "the other team was missing a player" before. That's a new one for sure.

I called that after they announced that Love is out for the series. Love was an net negative in the entire series and Brad had little time to adjust after he went out.