Author Topic: GO ROCKETS  (Read 897 times)

GO ROCKETS
« on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:28 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Honestly I'd rather watch keeping up with the kardashians on loop than watch a 4th straight Cavs Warriors finals (and I mean it !) and I know a lot more feel the same way.

It's pretty hard to deny Cavs Warriors IV is bad for the NBA...

Re: GO ROCKETS
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 12:02:01 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Warriors. I live in Ohio. Want to see the Cavs swept and James out of Cleveland.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 12:02:22 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I want GSW. I want them to sweep the Cavs.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:03:33 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227

Perplexed by this..warriors are infinitely more unlikable than the Cavs..

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 12:03:38 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Well, there's several things to consider here:

1) GS is much more likely to defeat Cleveland than Houston. I think both would, but I could see Houston making it a long series with their dumb decision-making at times. I'm not sure that Cleveland even gets a game from GS.

2) A Houston loss in the Western Conference Finals would set up an easy exit to Houston for Lebron. If Houston would win the title over Cleveland, that takes one Lebron suitor out of the mix.

3) There's no way we could've competed with the Warriors, though I thought we had a legitimate shot against the Rockets. So it'll be some after-the-fact comfort if GS advances.

So, yeah, it's Go Warriors for me.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 12:09:57 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Perplexed by this..warriors are infinitely more unlikable than the Cavs..

Again. I live in Ohio. All I hear is how great the Cavs are and James this and that. I do not know anyone who like GS I have to deal with.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 12:10:34 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

1) GS is much more likely to defeat Cleveland than Houston. I think both would, but I could see Houston making it a long series with their dumb decision-making at times. I'm not sure that Cleveland even gets a game from GS.

2) A Houston loss in the Western Conference Finals would set up an easy exit to Houston for Lebron. If Houston would win the title over Cleveland, that takes one Lebron suitor out of the mix.

3) There's no way we could've competed with the Warriors, though I thought we had a legitimate shot against the Rockets. So it'll be some after-the-fact comfort if GS advances.

After watching KD run to the team that knocked him out of the playoffs, there's no way you can just assume Lebron wouldn't consider Houston. Not in this day and age. And even if he did, why is that a good thing? One less "Lebron suitor out of the mix" is good for who exactly? The Cavs?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 12:18:56 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932

After watching KD run to the team that knocked him out of the playoffs, there's no way you can just assume Lebron wouldn't consider Houston. Not in this day and age. And even if he did, why is that a good thing? One less "Lebron suitor out of the mix" is good for who exactly? The Cavs?

But the Warriors lost the NBA Title that year, and it's well-known in NBA circles that KD would not have gone there if they won that year. There's absolutely no way that Lebron would go to Houston if they win the title, especially if he was on the team that they won it over.

And you're reading the "Lebron suitor" comment wrong. I'm saying that Houston winning would take them out of the "Lebron suitor" mix, and that would be bad for us, as that makes it that much more likely that Lebron will either stay in Cleveland or perhaps go somewhere else in the East, like Philly, though I doubt that.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 12:21:21 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

But the Warriors lost the NBA Title that year, and it's well-known in NBA circles that KD would not have gone there if they won that year. There's absolutely no way that Lebron would go to Houston if they win the title, especially if he was on the team that they won it over.

And you're reading the "Lebron suitor" comment wrong. I'm saying that Houston winning would take them out of the "Lebron suitor" mix, and that would be bad for us, as that makes it that much more likely that Lebron will either stay in Cleveland or perhaps go somewhere else in the East, like Philly, though I doubt that.

He cannot stay in Cleveland. They have no cap space and this roster that was just pushed to the limit by a Celtics team without Hayward and Kyrie...is not winning the East again. I will bet my life on that. He isn't staying in Cleveland to play with this group.

It is going to be LA. Huge spotlight and it allows him to set up life after basketball in Hollywood.