Author Topic: Thank You, C's!  (Read 416 times)

Thank You, C's!
« on: May 27, 2018, 11:15:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
When we lost Hayward 6 minutes into the year, it was devastating. Most thought that, at best, we'd make the 2nd round and lose, and would likely just be a middle-of-the-pack team at best (like a 4-6 seed).

Then when we heard Kyrie would be out for the rest of the year, it was even more devastating, and most thought we'd be first round exits.

But to make it this far and to still have been playing on May 27 is incredible. If you told me we'd be taking Cleveland to a Game 7 in the ECF w/o two of our all-stars (Kyrie, Hayward) and one of our best bench players (Theis), even the optimistic personality in me would have called you crazy.

I know it's upsetting Brown and Rozier were awful tonight, but they were huge in this playoff run overall and it wouldn't have happened without them.

The young guys and rookies ALL got VALUABLE experience, and going up against the likes of Lebron, Giannis, Embiid, etc. and giving it our all certainly gave us experience too.

The future is bright, and I think next year, we actually have a legitimate shot at Banner 18. This loss will fuel our guys next season, and hopefully Lebron goes out West (or he can stay in Cleveland with virtually the same squad).  8) 

As for the rest of the playoffs, I assume it's Golden State-Cleveland Part 4 (which I won't watch), and Golden State wrecks them in 4 or 5, even if Curry is banged up a bit.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Thank You, C's!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:33:54 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
TP. Well Said!  ;D

Sad to lose, but the C's gave it their all until the end.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 11:35:27 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Such an incredible year. Expectations are now very high again! Hats off to a gutsy group of guys, they should be proud.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Such an incredible year. Expectations are now very high again! Hats off to a gutsy group of guys, they should be proud.

Yep, but man I'm still depressed. HOW did they shoot that poorly?? Had it in the bag and their defend held them to below 90 points. Oh well, I think next year we start our legit run with a healthy Irving, Hayward and Theis.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 10:54:13 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I don't get how others are so positive... yes we have a bright future, but we should be in the NBA finals right now; I don't care what anybody says. We choked that series. I can't be thankful for that. All we needed was one of Brown, Rozier or Smart to have a half decent game and shoot even just 35% and we would be in the finals. Ugh.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Yep, but man I'm still depressed. HOW did they shoot that poorly?? Had it in the bag and their defend held them to below 90 points. Oh well, I think next year we start our legit run with a healthy Irving, Hayward and Theis.

I'm with you man.  Such an amazing year but it's tough to see them lose like they did last night.  They executed well on both ends for most of the game and missed more open shots than I've ever seen.  The Celtics were 3-17 from 3 when there wasn't a defender within 6 feet.  0-8 in the 2nd half.

Our percentage on those same looks was 42% throughout the playoffs.  A bad night would have been enough to win.  All we needed was to not be historically terrible.  This would have been easier to swallow if Cleveland had come out and played well across the board.  It just feels like we let them off the hook.

The hard part now is the anticipation for next season.

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I don't get how others are so positive... yes we have a bright future, but we should be in the NBA finals right now; I don't care what anybody says. We choked that series. I can't be thankful for that. All we needed was one of Brown, Rozier or Smart to have a half decent game and shoot even just 35% and we would be in the finals. Ugh.

At the end of the day, we got way further than everyone else imagined us to. We took the Cavs to a game 7, and it took LeBron everything to beat us.. if you're not seeing anything positive from that, I really don't know what to tell you.

Even with Kyrie and Hayward at the beginning of the season, it was never a foregone conclusion that we would've beaten the Cavs. But now we can go into the off season knowing full and well that we can beat them.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 10:58:49 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

I'm with you...these are built in excuses. This team learned to play without them so we can't use them as a convenient excuse. That game should've been won last night. They went into hero ball and there was no one there to stop the bleeding. It's pathetic.