Author Topic: Stevens this game is on you  (Read 15803 times)

Re: Stevens this game is on you
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57:04 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Please. Guys missed shots. It happens.

« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57:59 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
BTW...we had Green and he never did squat for the us. Now he had a great game.

Cavs will get swept.

« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2018, 11:58:00 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
We need to retire the "Jaylen Brown is a future star" talk for the foreseeable future. Stars show up when it counts the most.

Jaylen Brown is a future star.

Where? High level role player, sure. He may even sneak onto an All-star team as an injury replacement one day. But he is not a future star. Tatum, though? That guy could be a franchise changer for us.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:07 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Yes the coach can't shoot the ball, but he sure as hell can sit a guy down if he's killing the team.

Either brad head ok with these terrible shots taken tonight or he doesn't control the team.

Either way that's a fail on him.

Who would he have put though? It's not like Marcus Smart would help the shooting woes to begin with?

Who would he have put in replace of Jaylen Brown who can't buy a bucket, Abdel Nader?

Let's be real here...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:12 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Man, I have to say it.  Some of you people are positively nut jobs.  We had a back up PG bricking shots, his back up bricking shots, a supposed up and coming star bricking shots, and it’s the coaches fault?  Are you people crazy?!?

Was he was supposed to play Nader?  Or how about Larkin in street clothes?  You don’t just tell players to be disciplined.  You don’t just tell players to take good shots.  Fact is, the better the player, the better the shots.

Say it louder for the cheap seats in the back.

When Rozier hit those shots against Milwaukee, Brad was great for empowering him right? There's a line to walk, for those most part Brad pulls it off.

and when they are not hitting u adjust? it seems most here cant comprehennd this. or go back to what worked earlier. remember?? post ups and PNR? WOW rocket science right?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2018, 12:01:20 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Yes the coach can't shoot the ball, but he sure as hell can sit a guy down if he's killing the team.

Either brad head ok with these terrible shots taken tonight or he doesn't control the team.

Either way that's a fail on him.

Who would he have put though? It's not like Marcus Smart would help the shooting woes to begin with?

Who would he have put in replace of Jaylen Brown who can't buy a bucket, Abdel Nader?

Let's be real here...

u ask them to adjust see above. i get the argument we had nobody left to put in
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #81 on: May 28, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
We need to retire the "Jaylen Brown is a future star" talk for the foreseeable future. Stars show up when it counts the most.

Jaylen Brown is a future star.

Where? High level role player, sure. He may even sneak onto an All-star team as an injury replacement one day. But he is not a future star. Tatum, though? That guy could be a franchise changer for us.

Jaylen Brown will be a multi time all star and multi time all defensive team member. Mark my words. This loss will only fuel him. Much like Obi-wan Kenobi he will return more powerful than you can possibly imagine. You are right on Tatum however.

« Reply #82 on: May 28, 2018, 12:01:57 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
You guys hating on Brad are the same wrong people who were trying to run Ainge out of town. We were here because of his coaching. Brad didn't miss 32 three pointers tonight. Brad didn't call a one sided reffing game where LeBron was clearly going to go to the finals no matter what. Terry laid an egg. Brown laid an egg, and smart did as well. They missed wide open threes that if they had hit even 5-6 more you would be claiming Brad was a genius.

Wait, I love Steven's but he coached a very bad game. He is the best coach in the league but he's not above reproach. I said he coached a puss poor game and it doesn't mean he's a bad coach but this was a winnable game.

« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2018, 12:03:37 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
You guys hating on Brad are the same wrong people who were trying to run Ainge out of town. We were here because of his coaching. Brad didn't miss 32 three pointers tonight. Brad didn't call a one sided reffing game where LeBron was clearly going to go to the finals no matter what. Terry laid an egg. Brown laid an egg, and smart did as well. They missed wide open threes that if they had hit even 5-6 more you would be claiming Brad was a genius.

Wait, I love Steven's but he coached a very bad game. He is the best coach in the league but he's not above reproach. I said he coached a puss poor game and it doesn't mean he's a bad coach but this was a winnable game.
Its amazing how his bad coaching job coincided with our role players bricking shots they were making before.  Remarkable really.

« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2018, 12:03:55 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I mean I don't know what Bard is supposed to do differently. Our guards went 6-42. What is he supposed to do, yank Rozier and give Nader minutes? Take our Brown and give Semi minutes? I mean we couldn't but a three and we had some great looks. It happens. Use it for fuel to get better next year.

« Reply #85 on: May 28, 2018, 12:05:38 AM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Man, I have to say it.  Some of you people are positively nut jobs.  We had a back up PG bricking shots, his back up bricking shots, a supposed up and coming star bricking shots, and it’s the coaches fault?  Are you people crazy?!?

Was he was supposed to play Nader?  Or how about Larkin in street clothes?  You don’t just tell players to be disciplined.  You don’t just tell players to take good shots.  Fact is, the better the player, the better the shots.

Say it louder for the cheap seats in the back.

When Rozier hit those shots against Milwaukee, Brad was great for empowering him right? There's a line to walk, for those most part Brad pulls it off.

and when they are not hitting u adjust? it seems most here cant comprehennd this. or go back to what worked earlier. remember?? post ups and PNR? WOW rocket science right?

Marcus Smart 1-10.
Terry Rozier 2-14.
Jaylen Brown 5-18.
Marcus Morris 5-14.
Al Horford dropped 9 in the first quarter, only scored 8 the rest of the way.

Again, outside of Tatum, who were those magical players stepping up?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2018, 12:09:06 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
We had an Old team on the ropes...and decided NOT to run them into the ground....Geeze, would have been so easy to RUN....Instead, walk the ball up and let them set their defense ALL game long.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2018, 12:10:20 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2931
There as absolutely nothing the coach could have to change the result tonight.  It wasn't because he played the wrong guys or made the wrong subs or had the wrong strategy. He put them in a position to win - the players couldn't make enough shots.

Uhhhhhhhh, literally pulling Rozier in the third and putting Smart in rather than letting Rozier shoot us out of the game on 3-4 straight possessions literally might've won the game for us. That was the run that got them the lead in the first place.

I don't understand the leeway this guy gets around here when he clearly makes bad decisions that another coach like Ty Lue would get RIPPED apart for.
Smart wasn't much better offensively.  Your only other option is play with no point guard, go big and have Al walk it up.  With Rozier, Brown, Morris and Smart laying as many bricks as they did they weren't winning this game.

But Smart gets others involved, and he wasn't jacking nearly the number of junk threes that Rozier was. Putting him in to calm the tide and stop Rozier from further hemorrhaging us very well could've been the difference in the game.

*whispers*
But Marcus Smart was 1-10 from the field, including 0-4 from 3. He was just as garbage as Terry was.
Maybe in terms of shooting he was just as bad. But in terms of playmaking, running the point, defence and making gritty plays they're not comparable

Yeah, I'm done trying to explain it to apologists. People see what they want to see. I'm guessing the extreme apologism for Brad is based on an insecurity in admitting that while he's a good coach he has some significant flaws.

EDIT: The mental gymnastics people are going through on here to justify some of these decisions is hilarious lol Brad being a good coach does not mean that he is above reproach. Apparently people are cognitively incapable of separating those two concepts...

« Reply #88 on: May 28, 2018, 12:11:29 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
We had an Old team on the ropes...and decided NOT to run them into the ground....Geeze, would have been so easy to RUN....Instead, walk the ball up and let them set their defense ALL game long.

Amazing

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2018, 12:12:07 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Biggest mistake was allowing Rozier and Brown to be selfish