Author Topic: Biggest positive takeaway from this PO run ?  (Read 2807 times)

Re: Biggest positive takeaway from this PO run ?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 11:37:36 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Tatum realizing that no one can guard him. As great as he was during the regular season, he seemed to fade into the background..taking the 3s given to him and deferring to Kyrie and the other players.

When Kyrie went out, he really became another animal. This series and against the sixers he just exerted his will on the other team and was unguardable....as a 20 year old rookie.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 11:43:18 PM »

Offline umpacu

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 28
One takeaway? This has been an incredible run. It sucks to lose, but this team is for real. I love it so much.

Tatum, Brown, Rozier are much better than what I expected at this point in their careers. Horford is a boss. I love Smart, even though he cannot make a basket. Brad Stevens is a wizard. And we have probably the best GM.

I would say the biggest positive takeaway is: This year was a complete success.

Cannot wait for next season.

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 11:44:55 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Tatum's a stud even before he adds some muscle. Rozier and Brown also played well overall as did Al and Baynes. The bench was an issue with Smart sucking on offense, Morris sucking on both sides of the ball, with no other help, and too many injuries.

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 11:46:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Tatum and Baynes.  Baynes made the case for re-signing him.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I know Tatum and Brown is probably the answer, but I 2nd Kuberski33's post and say Baynes.  He played great def for us the last 2-3 games.  He was key in the 1st quarter with us controlling the boards and limiting easy buckets.  He won't get a lot of mentions, mainly because he didn't get big minutes from Brad for some reason, but he will be key next year.

Kyrie / Brown / Hayward / Tatum / Al
Rozier / Smart / Morris / Theis / Baynes

pretty great 10 deep lineup

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 11:51:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
new positive: Rozier realizing he's a big reason for the loss tonight -- his demeanor in the interviews suggests the reality of his skills does not match his ego

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 11:53:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
1. Experience

2. Shows everyone that Kyrie is an absolute must

3. Rozier can be a good back up

4. Brown still needs work

5. Learned how to win

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 11:55:14 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
my take away is that Tatum is absolutely legit and we should all feel lucky as hell to have stevens and ainge
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
new positive: Rozier realizing he's a big reason for the loss tonight -- his demeanor in the interviews suggests the reality of his skills does not match his ego
Hopefully this will be the wake up call that he needs. He is a long way from being a starting quality PG on a legit contender.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:12 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
My takeaway is that if you want to move anyone for another star (Leonard) you move Brown.

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 12:05:03 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
My takeaway is that if you want to move anyone for another star (Leonard) you move Brown.

My takeaway is that I'm not basing any offseason move on one game. I'm keeping Brown. He had a bad game. If we won last game we'd be talking about how he's a hero who shwed up on the road under pressure. He's gonna be better next year. And cheaper/healthier than Kawhi. Stay the course.

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 12:07:34 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227

My takeaway is that I'm not basing any offseaosn move on one game. I'm keeping Brown.

TP. Brown had a great post season and may be one the most improved player in the league. He's already getting way too much flack for game 7..guys still just 21...

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

My takeaway is that I'm not basing any offseason move on one game. I'm keeping Brown. He had a bad game. If we won last game we'd be talking about how he's a hero who shwed up on the road under pressure. He's gonna be better next year. And cheaper/healthier than Kawhi. Stay the course.

He has to get stronger to guard the post. Next year with the line up they have he will draw tougher assignments

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 12:24:14 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Positive is Jayson Tatum. He's a cornerstone talent, no question about it. Cannot wait to see what kind of offense we have next year with Kyrie, Hayward, and Tatum.

I'm also positive on Brown, even though he played so poorly tonight. He's only 21 years old, and was extraordinarily raw when the Celts got him. Just think how much improved he was over last year.

Clearly, if you have a trade opportunity, Brown is the one you trade. IMO, Tatum may not be untradeable, but the only kind of player we should trade him for (e.g. AD), isn't feasible.

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 12:26:38 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Jeff Green backed Brown in the paint easily a few times Jeff effin Green. Brown was completely outplayed by Jeff Green. Brown is trade able especially for a player like Leonard. Brown is and will be a good player but he will never be close the level of Leonard.