Poll

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 = best) how much did you like Solo? (Spoilers possible

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (10%)
2 (10%)
4 (20%)
1 (5%)
3 (15%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
5 - average
5 (25%)
4 - a little below average
2 (10%)
3 - not that good, but perhaps tolerable
1 (5%)
2 - Pretty bad
0 (0%)
1 - In the bottom 5% of movies I've seen. Really bad. Don't go. Life is too short. Just read about it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 = best) how much did you like Solo? (Spoilers possible  (Read 6893 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/g19457800/all-star-wars-movies-ranked/

I don't have huge problems at all with what they're saying here, but this definitely isn't the order in which I liked them.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I was biased against the film from the beginning because I did think the guy looked like Han Solo at all. I did not like the casting, and he did not win me over.   He would have been fine as a new character  though.   When McGregor did Obi Wan he tried to sound like him and the like and it was great, this guy did not try to be like Harrison Ford in the least way.

Yeah, I felt the same way going into the movie.  The only reason we thought he was Han was because they told us he was Han. I took me probably an hour in to suspend disbelief.

Chewie was well cast anyhow.
Yup

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This is like week 4 and probably last call or so on Solo. I'm hearing a rumor that because Solo didn't do well Disney is putting anthology movies on hold, which is asinine. They'd make a billion dollars with Ewan McGregor back as Obi Wan and only the whole world wants to see it. If they wait too long and don't use Ewan I won't watch it.

Offline Vegas Green

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Gave it 8.5. How Chewie and Han first met....the imagery to young Han and seasoned Han is hilarious. I think Woody Harrelson was good not great. Introduction to the Millenium Falcon....lots of pieces that connect. That's just me.

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I finally got around to seeing it last night. I loved it! Much better than I expected. I disagree with those who say Alden Ehrenreich was a bad casting choice, I completely bought him as young Han Solo- I thought he got down the original's attitude and mannerisms down pretty well. Lando was great too. I gave it an 8.5. Yes I'm old enough to have seen the original movies when they were in the theaters.

IMO there have been far worse casting choices such as James McAvoy playing young Patrick Stewart in X-Men and Joseph Gordon Levitt playing young Bruce Willis in Looper. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't buy the younger guys being the same characters as the older in those cases.

It is too bad Solo hasn't done well in the box office and they are putting the other side projects on hold... I do really think they should still go ahead with the Obi Wan movies, I bet they'd be a lot more popular.

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This is like week 4 and probably last call or so on Solo. I'm hearing a rumor that because Solo didn't do well Disney is putting anthology movies on hold, which is asinine. They'd make a billion dollars with Ewan McGregor back as Obi Wan and only the whole world wants to see it. If they wait too long and don't use Ewan I won't watch it.

Those are just rumors, I think Obi-wan and Boba Fett are still on, but maybe delayed to make sure they get them right. Also Kennedy may be leaving in Sept, so they want the new person to have a say in the new stuff.

Of course it all could be true to, who know the way things are going. Keddeny, should get canned just for issue with the directors.  Out side of Johnson she's had issues with all the first directors. Her poor judgement in hiring the 21 jump street guys for Solo, issues with Abrams, issues with Rogue one director. I think Johnson was the only one that she didn't have an issue with and that movie got some mixed review so to speak.

McGregor may be out because of conflicts of movies he's doing, so maybe they are using Solo to delay it to get him on board. Back up is Duogray Scott, which he actually looks like an older McGreagor.

And Logan director doing Fett,who I'm not a fan of, but with this director involve got me interested.