Poll

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 = best) how much did you like Solo? (Spoilers possible

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (10%)
2 (10%)
4 (20%)
1 (5%)
3 (15%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
5 - average
5 (25%)
4 - a little below average
2 (10%)
3 - not that good, but perhaps tolerable
1 (5%)
2 - Pretty bad
0 (0%)
1 - In the bottom 5% of movies I've seen. Really bad. Don't go. Life is too short. Just read about it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 = best) how much did you like Solo? (Spoilers possible  (Read 6892 times)

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Lol, Attack of the Clones over Return of the Jedi? A New Hope not even in the top 5? Sorry OP, but you’ve lost all Star Wars credibility with me after that ranking system. I’ll agree that Rogue One was a top 5 Star Wars film,  but #1 overall? Trip-ping!

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Last Jedi was an objectively better film.  Solo was all around pretty stupid.  Felt like non-canon cartoon or comicbook content.  Like a very expensive fan film.  That said, it was fairly entertaining and fun.  Solid 5.5 out of 10.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Lol, Attack of the Clones over Return of the Jedi? A New Hope not even in the top 5? Sorry OP, but you’ve lost all Star Wars credibility with me after that ranking system. I’ll agree that Rogue One was a top 5 Star Wars film,  but #1 overall? Trip-ping!
Rogue One was the most meaningful and redemptive. I like lots of lightsabers and the formative years of Vader and Kenobi more than little teddy bears.  A New Hope was good but done on a shoe string budget which limited it.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

In no particular order the best Star Wars films are New Hope, Return Of the Jedi, Last Jedi, Force Awakens and Rogue One. 

Eja is a prequel apologist and hated the unoriginality of Force Awakens.  Force Awakens did an amazing job at what it set out to do - essentially soft reboot the series by taking it back to basics and borrowing heavily from what people liked about the original.   

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

In no particular order the best Star Wars films are New Hope, Return Of the Jedi, Last Jedi, Force Awakens and Rogue One. 

Eja is a prequel apologist and hated the unoriginality of Force Awakens.  Force Awakens did an amazing job at what it set out to do - essentially soft reboot the series by taking it back to basics and borrowing heavily from what people liked about the original.
The Magnificent Seven "borrowed heavily" from the Seven Samurai. Force Awakens was simple plagiarism of the laziest tired get the band back together kind. It was practically insulting.

Hey Kylo Ren.  Sniffle sniffle. 

I loved the first 15 minutes. Then everything after that was a joke.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
My wife and kid liked it and my wife's not a huge Star Wars person, although the last time I said that she pointed out she has watched all the movies

That still doesn't mean that she's a huge Star Wars person, though, lol ;D.

More importantly, how was Daenerys ;) ;D?
I think Khaleesi is pretty overrated as an actress, but she was fine. Better than a lot of other "actresses" these days.

I found her to be quite funny during an interview on The Graham Norton Show, so there's that ;D.

My wife and kid liked it and my wife's not a huge Star Wars person, although the last time I said that she pointed out she has watched all the movies

That still doesn't mean that she's a huge Star Wars person, though, lol ;D.

More importantly, how was Daenerys ;) ;D?

She's looks better as a blonde.

Not sure that I agree, although it seems to work just fine on the show, I guess.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!  AVERT THINE EYES.

One thing I'm hearing in favor of the film is that it's pretty respectful to the previous cannon and comics of Han Solo. I can only think of a couple of those things. Maybe we can talk about that in a few weeks

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
weekend #2 so bumparump

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I should be more clear. I ranked them on my preference. Not based on whether they'd be worthy of an Oscar or something.

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I am probably going against the grain, but I gave it a 4.  I am a huge star wars fan.  But for me, this wasn't even close to Rogue One as a star wars anthology film.

The story was overly contrived to fit all explain as much Han Solo back story as possible.   The music was a letdown from the recent films.  I didn't really believe Emilia Clarke.  She seemed a bit miscast and out of place and didn't give the best performance imo.

I love a new star wars film, but I was disappointed - even after going in with pretty low expectations.

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
As a pretty big Star Wars fan (own all films except the recent ones. Read a few books. Read tons of comics. Watched all of the Rebels, Clone Wars, and the other Clone Wars cartoons) I do hereby endorse Solo, but the endorsement is not overly enthusiastic. Like....if your wife wants to watch something else or you're in the dog house already and going to see this would make things worse.....you can probably put this off.

I think I have to hereby rank the Star Wars films as follows  (this is on a Star Wars scale of one to ten....on this scale a Star Wars 1 is like a 6 for any other movie outside of anything that takes place in Middle Earth, which are also off the chart)

Rogue One....11
Revenge of the Sith...10
Empire Strikes Back...10
Attack of the Clones...9.9
Return of the Jedi.....9
Last Jedi.....8.9
New Hope...8
Phantom Menace...7
Solo.....6
Force Awakens...1

Can I ask your age (which really means I’m interested in what order you saw these and when).  Just curious if your preference is influenced by that.  I saw them in the order they were made and it is blasphemy to me to have a new hope that low or two of the second trilogy that high.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I am probably going against the grain, but I gave it a 4.  I am a huge star wars fan.  But for me, this wasn't even close to Rogue One as a star wars anthology film.

The story was overly contrived to fit all explain as much Han Solo back story as possible.   The music was a letdown from the recent films.  I didn't really believe Emilia Clarke.  She seemed a bit miscast and out of place and didn't give the best performance imo.

I love a new star wars film, but I was disappointed - even after going in with pretty low expectations.
Emilia Clarke is just a bad actress

She'll make a career off the back of GOT but she's baaad at acting imo
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I was biased against the film from the beginning because I did think the guy looked like Han Solo at all. I did not like the casting, and he did not win me over.   He would have been fine as a new character  though.   When McGregor did Obi Wan he tried to sound like him and the like and it was great, this guy did not try to be like Harrison Ford in the least way.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I was biased against the film from the beginning because I did think the guy looked like Han Solo at all. I did not like the casting, and he did not win me over.   He would have been fine as a new character  though.   When McGregor did Obi Wan he tried to sound like him and the like and it was great, this guy did not try to be like Harrison Ford in the least way.

Yeah, I felt the same way going into the movie.  The only reason we thought he was Han was because they told us he was Han. I took me probably an hour in to suspend disbelief. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes