Author Topic: I love this team  (Read 2191 times)

I love this team
« on: May 27, 2018, 11:06:09 AM »

Online Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Let’s be real everyone. Win or lose we have to be proud of what these guys have done. People counted us out after Hayward went down, but it wasn’t until Kyrie went down that I started to feel hopeless. If you would’ve told me after we found out Kyrie was out for the playoffs that we’d be home for a game 7 with a chance to get to the finals, I don’t think I’d believe you. After Milwaukee took us to 7, I thought Philly was going to crush us. Then when we had the Cavs matchup, I thought we’d be lucky to take them 6.

These were my realistic thoughts of course. But my heart was telling me: why can’t we shock the world? This team has heart, grit, and the best coach in the world. And here we are. One game, in our Garden, for a chance to go to the nba finals for the first time since 2010 (which I’ve officially repressed FWIW).

I’m excited and nervous, but no matter what happens, I love this team. Marcus Smart’s relentless hustle, Scary Terry’s fearlessness, Brown and Tatum’s ability to be the players we’d hoped they’d become and developing way before any of us could have dreamed. Baynes being the enforcer we wanted him to be and Al being the do it all veteran leader.

I do believe we will win tonight, I can’t imagine us losing a game 7 on our turf. But regardless of the outcome, I just want us to fight. Win or lose, I’m proud of this team and everything they’ve accomplished against all odds. And if (when) we get to the finals my mind will tell me we can’t possibly pull it off, but my heart will say: you know what, I’m not counting these guys out, ever.

LET’S GO CELTICS!!!
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

Re: I love this team
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I love this team as well. I'm sure today will be another amazing win!

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 11:26:57 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
TP. Well said. This has been one of the funnest postseason experiences in a long time for the C's and even if they lose tonight, I'm extremely proud of this team for making it this far when most considered them 1st round exits (or, "at best", advancing to 2nd round and losing soundly in 5)

But... it won't end tonight!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Aye!
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 12:02:52 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Definitely one of the most enjoyable runs in my 40+ years of being a C's fan.  I just want to see them play 48 minutes of their brand of basketball.  If Lebron and Co. can beat that, then so be it. 
Yup

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 12:11:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The east is weak  ::)

BUUUUT I'm proud that they made it this far after facing all these adversities. Leggo Celtics!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 12:24:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I love this team, too, but they told me that they just want to be friends.  :'(

Mike

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah this team has been so much fun and just don't quite. After starting on such an awful note it ended up being one of the most enjoyable teams of the C's for me. Only the first year of KG/PP/RA was more fun in my 17 years of being a big Celtics fan.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Yeah... win or lose they just don’t quit. Really want them to get the credit they deserve by at least knocking out Lebron.

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I didn’t think it was possible to like this team as much as last year’s, but they proved me wrong. They’re a bunch of dirt dogs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 05:26:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I love this team, too, but they told me that they just want to be friends.  :'(

Mike

Ahaha TP we’ll played

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 05:30:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Has it really sunk in yet. This wonderful team is on the verge on winning the conference championship. Let that just sink in for PERSPECTIVE.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 05:41:33 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
To me, this was by far the most enjoyable year of Celtics basketball in nearly a decade (as much as I loved our Big 3 team, the "flip the switch" mentality of their last few seasons was infuriating). The players on this year's team are hungry, scrappy, play for one another, give maximum effort, and have a very bright future ahead of them. Let's go Cs!

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I definitely think I wanted it more for the 2012 Celts - just to stick to Lebron one final time, go down in glory, and hey maybe get lucky in the Finals.  I was pretty bummed that they let that one slip away.

This time around, it is absolutely house money.  Not saying that I will not be disappointed if they do not pull through, but this is series feels like the first step for a nucleus that could be a force for years to come.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Definitely one of the most enjoyable runs in my 40+ years of being a C's fan.  I just want to see them play 48 minutes of their brand of basketball.  If Lebron and Co. can beat that, then so be it. 

AMEN. right with ya on the years also!

CELTIC 4 LYFE
LET'S GO CELTICS!