Author Topic: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18  (Read 100848 times)

Re: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18
« Reply #1950 on: May 27, 2018, 11:16:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Brad made a mistake not to turn Tatum loose.

« Reply #1951 on: May 27, 2018, 11:16:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Rozier and Brown go from the best non-Lebron players on the floor in game 6 to absolute trash in game 7. We had a lot of chances at the end, but nobody except Tatum could hit a gd shot. And, why Brad thought it was a good idea to put Rozier back in for Brown is beyond me.

Incrdible.

Just inexplicably poor decision-making by Brad tonight. Literally did nothing all night long, and just like in game 6 his poor timeout calling led to them getting big runs. And let's not even begin to talk about his hesitance to rein in Rozier and Brown who went 6 for freaking 32 tonight.

Overrated coach, especially on here. Couldn't even beat this Cavs team without Love on our homecourt because he's too passive and soft to discipline and control his effing players.

Yep. Overrated is the word. Good coach but he doesn't have control of the team.
**** how is this on Brad are you guys drunk? It’s not his fault guys were bricking wide open good looks. Brown and Rozier were both trash it’s why Rozier wasn’t in the game. Brown didn’t move the needle. He brought Rozier back in and he continued to brick.

Because he did jackcrap about them shooting us out of the game in key stretches. Rozier and Brown had 4-5 terrible decisions/shots in that key run in the third, and Brad simply sat on his hands and did nothing, not even taking them out.

They went 6-32 for the night and 3 for freaking 22 on three pointers. Yeah, a few of them were open and decent looks that just missed, but most of them were forced, contested, or early in the shotclock dumb shots that should've never been shot, especially with as poor as they were shooting.

That's a complete failure by Brad for not instilling discipline in his guys and/or yanking them for those dumbass shots.

« Reply #1952 on: May 27, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Takeaways:

Rozier in this series was exactly who he's always been-- a streaky shooter who can light a team up when he's hot, and shoot you out of the game when he's cold.

Smart was also exactly who he's been: awful shooter but excellent teammate who never quits on a play.

If it's a choice between the two, trade Rozier and re-sign Smart. When we get Kyrie and Hayward back I'd rather have Smart's grit over Rozier's scoring.

Al did all he could, but he needs help. His teammates stopped going to him in the post in favor of bricking threes, and that's what cost us the game.

Tatum is going to be a star. 

Cleveland didn't win this game-- we lost it. Terrible performance. Inexperience on display.

That said, it was a hell of a run and I'm very proud of this team's resilience. We have a bright future!
This
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #1953 on: May 27, 2018, 11:18:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
shooting is in the legs - fatigue finally caught up with us.

We need a bench sharpshooter and an athletic rebounder/defender added inside.
good point

I've been saying we need a good bench wing for a while and was killed for saying that

We only have brown Hayward and tatum

Is this some kind of joke? We have Hayward and Kyrie to fill the sharpshooter role and Theis as an athletic rebounder/defender - our injuries decimated what could have been a championship this year.

This might be the furthest we make it with this group with another year of experience for GSW and Lebron forming a new super-team.

« Reply #1954 on: May 27, 2018, 11:18:08 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Rozier and Brown go from the best non-Lebron players on the floor in game 6 to absolute trash in game 7. We had a lot of chances at the end, but nobody except Tatum could hit a gd shot. And, why Brad thought it was a good idea to put Rozier back in for Brown is beyond me.

Incrdible.

Just inexplicably poor decision-making by Brad tonight. Literally did nothing all night long, and just like in game 6 his poor timeout calling led to them getting big runs. And let's not even begin to talk about his hesitance to rein in Rozier and Brown who went 6 for freaking 32 tonight.

Overrated coach, especially on here. Couldn't even beat this Cavs team without Love on our homecourt because he's too passive and soft to discipline and control his effing players.

He has his quirks, but I don't think you can blame the open shots that Rozier and Brown missed on Brad.

We got the open looks, we didn't make it. That's not on Brad.

Not every open shot is a good look, especially from three. Many of those "open looks" were with 18+ seconds left on the shot clock. That's a terrible shot from three when you're shooting that terribly, even if there isn't anybody that close to you to contest.

« Reply #1955 on: May 27, 2018, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
seriously what the hell was with that play in the 1st qrtr. where they stopped play because LeBron was out of bounds after the steal attempt?

« Reply #1956 on: May 27, 2018, 11:18:41 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Tatum should have just kept shooting, like his hero Kobe....Why keep passing off to guys who looked like they'd rather be somewhere else..?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #1957 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Brown+rozier+smart were 3-26 from 3pt

« Reply #1958 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:25 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
seriously what the hell was with that play in the 1st qrtr. where they stopped play because LeBron was out of bounds after the steal attempt?

Ratings.

« Reply #1959 on: May 27, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Ah, the final insult. One more of these:

"Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

Mike

« Reply #1960 on: May 27, 2018, 11:20:26 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Ratings.

ohhh  :o

« Reply #1961 on: May 27, 2018, 11:21:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Incrdible.

Yep. Overrated is the word. Good coach but he doesn't have control of the team.

you are all mental... held the Cavs to 90 points and gort his guys wide open shots...he has nothing to do with all the misses ... like they say you can only play with the cards you got!!!
Tough that he held the Celtics to 79 points though. If it's all on the players why do we need a coach?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #1962 on: May 27, 2018, 11:21:50 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Watch Houston get boned tomorrow.

The script is written.

I hope Houston loses. I don't want to know that we could have been going up against a lesser opponent whose star PG is hampered by injury. At the very least, I want to see Lebron get blasted in the finals. I f-ing hate that guy. When he made that block/foul on Rozier's dunk attempt and just stood with the stare down 100 feet away from the play down the floor, it made my blood curdle.

Great basketball player, despicable personality.

« Reply #1963 on: May 27, 2018, 11:22:03 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Love lebron complaining it was tough without his all star power forward these past 2 games.. oh yeah what about our all star forward who u and jae crowder took out 5 mins into the season. Or our other all star pg who's been out since early March.

Lebrons great, dont get me wrong, but if we were at full strength this wouldn't have even been a series. Media giving praise to him for bringing that roster to finals but what about our roster getting to ecf and taking Cavs to the absolute limit?
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #1964 on: May 27, 2018, 11:22:09 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If Rockets win tomorrow, Lebron gets 2nd title for Cavs- He will outshine Hardin 100 times out of 100