Author Topic: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18  (Read 100760 times)

Re: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2018, 05:37:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I have been devastated several times by a Cs loss...one was in 1987 vs the Lakers on Magic's skyhook and the other was the final 4 minutes vs the Lakers in 2010 in the finals game 7.

Tonight would be pretty tough to take. They are right there. Beating the Cavs and ending James' reign of terror would be worth a lot to me seeing I live in Cavs country....I mean James country.

I am just so gun shy to believe they can get it done because of how many times he has ended Boston. Ready to just get this going.
That 2010 Game 7 loss really hit me hard because that game was taken from the Celtics they didn't lose it.  They were up 6 going into the 4th quarter and the Lakers were given 21 free throws in the quarter to just 6 for the Celtics.  I truly believe that the refs did not want Rasheed (noted ref hater) to win that championship and did all they could to stop it.  It still irritates me when I think about it!!!

Yes. It was a joke. I still am pretty upset about how the whole thing went down.

« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2018, 05:38:35 PM »

Online FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
On NBA radio on Sirius XM today they were doing a promo for the Finals.  They started out talking about how Curry and Durant could repeat or could LeBron come back and take the title from them.  Or would James Harden win his first championship.   Not one word about the Celtics.  I started yelling at the radio -  There's a 4th team in this!!!!!   

« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I have been devastated several times by a Cs loss...one was in 1987 vs the Lakers on Magic's skyhook and the other was the final 4 minutes vs the Lakers in 2010 in the finals game 7.

Tonight would be pretty tough to take. They are right there. Beating the Cavs and ending James' reign of terror would be worth a lot to me seeing I live in Cavs country....I mean James country.

I am just so gun shy to believe they can get it done because of how many times he has ended Boston. Ready to just get this going.
That 2010 Game 7 loss really hit me hard because that game was taken from the Celtics they didn't lose it.  They were up 6 going into the 4th quarter and the Lakers were given 21 free throws in the quarter to just 6 for the Celtics.  I truly believe that the refs did not want Rasheed (noted ref hater) to win that championship and did all they could to stop it.  It still irritates me when I think about it!!!

That was a brutal loss for sure- haunts me still today as well- My heart prefers a blowout for us tonight so no room for that kind of result-

« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

That was a tough one. I was at Fenway and there’s were a bunch of cops ready for a riot. Never happened.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2018, 05:41:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Jeff Green will start in place of Kevin Love in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue announced at the team's shootaround Sunday morning.

Love was placed in the league's concussion protocol on Saturday after knocking heads with Boston Celtics rookie Jayson Tatum in Game 6 on Friday. Love made the trip to Boston and is expected to be in attendance Sunday night, barring any concussion-related headaches, a team source told ESPN.

« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2018, 05:42:53 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

you cant compare all that stuff with other teams. what about all the good versus those teams? those are completely different angles. you can ONLY look at the storyline between us and lenbron. we have knocked him out a couple times and he has kncoked us out 3 times. it is time to return the favor. we started it and we will finish it. karma. 10 year anniversary of when this storyline began.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2018, 05:44:09 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Do we have confirmation on our starters?

« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

we blew a 12 point lead late in quarter. that title was ours. yes refs played a huge part. robbery. docs rotations were terrible that game also.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2018, 05:46:47 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
LeBron James should just forfeit tonight to save his time and our time.

He doesnt want his NBA Finals record to be 3-6 all-time.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2018, 05:46:58 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Who are the referees?

Davis, capers and zarba

attack the rack and we will get calls. nothing to fear tonight but fear itself.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2018, 05:48:27 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
On NBA radio on Sirius XM today they were doing a promo for the Finals.  They started out talking about how Curry and Durant could repeat or could LeBron come back and take the title from them.  Or would James Harden win his first championship.   Not one word about the Celtics.  I started yelling at the radio -  There's a 4th team in this!!!!!   

yeah we are not part of the narrative. we win today and hope houston wins and we beat houston in finals and shove it down everybody throat forever.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2018, 05:50:57 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Do we have confirmation on our starters?

yes!

1) chief

2) liam

3) bring toughness back

4) celticinorlando

5) yours truly

LOLOLOLOLOLOL   
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2018, 05:53:45 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Yes. It was a joke. I still am pretty upset about how the whole thing went down.

i will admit that game pizzed me off more than any other celtics loss. 85 was bad but we had won year before, no big deal. 87 i knew the lakers were the better team. 2010? oh no. we were the better team and had it won. i was in state of disbelief when i watched what went down and the lasers started flashing and kobe and them stood up with arms out on a table. disgusting.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
LeBron James should just forfeit tonight to save his time and our time.

He doesnt want his NBA Finals record to be 3-6 all-time.

yeah i watched that game that took place in oakland last night and all i can say is HOLEEEEEEEEEE CRAP

rockets looked good. up 10 at half. really looked like they would be in it til the end even if they lost the lead.  the next thing I know the warriors exploded like a powder keg. STRING MUSIC. destroyed them by 29. UNREAL. lebron wants NO PART of that team. they will embarass him in 4 straight.
LET'S GO CELTICS!