Author Topic: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18  (Read 102360 times)

Re: Cavaliers (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) ECF Game 7 5/27/18
« Reply #1905 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:13 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
Rozier and Brown go from the best non-Lebron players on the floor in game 6 to absolute trash in game 7. We had a lot of chances at the end, but nobody except Tatum could hit a gd shot. And, why Brad thought it was a good idea to put Rozier back in for Brown is beyond me.

Incrdible.

Just inexplicably poor decision-making by Brad tonight. Literally did nothing all night long, and just like in game 6 his poor timeout calling led to them getting big runs. And let's not even begin to talk about his hesitance to rein in Rozier and Brown who went 6 for freaking 32 tonight.

Overrated coach, especially on here. Couldn't even beat this Cavs team without Love on our homecourt because he's too passive and soft to discipline and control his effing players.
He really lost his way tonight. I still think he's a top 2 coach in the league, but dear God that was a shocking performance. Him, Rozier and Brown were the holy trinity of chokers tonight

he never reins in crap thats his fricking stupid problem
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1906 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:18 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
another 3-2 series lead blown to lebron??

DISGUSTING

Looks like it :-\.

eff this. we won 3 games convincingly and this is what we got in game 7? i'd rather been swept

and wait for next year with everybody back. how can u play this stupid?

Same, and as for that one possession with the consecutive misses from three as if no other shot was available, well, analytics ::) ;D. Morons. These guys just don't get it.

we are such a stupid team

now the lebron blowing commences disgusting

how do u give lebron this game

HE DID NOT EARN ****

I hate these posts. Give this team credit.
We lost in the last minutes of game seven of the ECF aganist the best player ever (behind MJ)  without our best players.
No team can do what we have done this year.
And we found an all atar in a 20 year rookie.
This is a wonderful season

Exactly.

LeBron needed 7 games, and a terrible game for us to get thru. It took Rozier and Brown clanking shots for him to get past us. And even then, we were in that game until the last minute.

It's understandable that it's disappointing, but we had one heck of a season, and there's a lot to be proud about, and to look forward to.

Can't wait to see Kyrie and Gordon with this team.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1907 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:22 PM »

Offline Draft XIV

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Go Celtics!

« Reply #1908 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:29 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
How many of you still want to trade Kyrie & Gordon? Foolish Chatter
Talent matters in the NBA...the playoffs are so long...eventually players revert to their talent level.  This team went as far as it was going to go.

« Reply #1909 on: May 27, 2018, 11:07:50 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Rozier and Brown go from the best non-Lebron players on the floor in game 6 to absolute trash in game 7. We had a lot of chances at the end, but nobody except Tatum could hit a gd shot. And, why Brad thought it was a good idea to put Rozier back in for Brown is beyond me.

Incrdible.

Just inexplicably poor decision-making by Brad tonight. Literally did nothing all night long, and just like in game 6 his poor timeout calling led to them getting big runs. And let's not even begin to talk about his hesitance to rein in Rozier and Brown who went 6 for freaking 32 tonight.

Overrated coach, especially on here. Couldn't even beat this Cavs team without Love on our homecourt because he's too passive and soft to discipline and control his effing players.

Yep. Overrated is the word. Good coach but he doesn't have control of the team.
**** how is this on Brad are you guys drunk? It’s not his fault guys were bricking wide open good looks. Brown and Rozier were both trash it’s why Rozier wasn’t in the game. Brown didn’t move the needle. He brought Rozier back in and he continued to brick.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #1910 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:03 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Brown, Rozier and Smart finished 8-42 from the field and 3-26 from three. That was the difference in the game.

« Reply #1911 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Rozier was a frightening 0-10 from 3 - but without him the C's never get close to where they finished.
Sad to lose this one, but Cavs should get their clocks cleaned in the Finals.  And the C's would have as well.   Better to bow out in a close series and hold that with you through the summer.  C's will be scary next year -- and it's only 4 months till training camp.
Darn right. Rozier has had a great postseason.

« Reply #1912 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
we just missed great shots. horford had to get more touches on the block.

great season, a lot of things to be excited about

Horford was hot trash at home- He is on my crap list —-even when Kyrie and Hayward take light off him- I am  bitter on his performance -

« Reply #1913 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:13 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Takeaways:

Rozier in this series was exactly who he's always been-- a streaky shooter who can light a team up when he's hot, and shoot you out of the game when he's cold.

Smart was also exactly who he's been: awful shooter but excellent teammate who never quits on a play.

If it's a choice between the two, trade Rozier and re-sign Smart. When we get Kyrie and Hayward back I'd rather have Smart's grit over Rozier's scoring.

Al did all he could, but he needs help. His teammates stopped going to him in the post in favor of bricking threes, and that's what cost us the game.

Tatum is going to be a star. 

Cleveland didn't win this game-- we lost it. Terrible performance. Inexperience on display.

That said, it was a hell of a run and I'm very proud of this team's resilience. We have a bright future!

About sums it up for me.

« Reply #1914 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Incrdible.

He has his quirks, but I don't think you can blame the open shots that Rozier and Brown missed on Brad.

We got the open looks, we didn't make it. That's not on Brad.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1915 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:28 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

Incrdible.

He really lost his way tonight. I still think he's a top 2 coach in the league, but dear God that was a shocking performance. Him, Rozier and Brown were the holy trinity of chokers tonight

No way a top 2. A top coach doesn't let his guys kill them with ill advised 3 balls.
If they win it all next year it will be due to a stacked roster and nothing more.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1916 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Didnt get killed by Green, Lebron, or whomever... they shot 18% from three and most of them were uncontested

That was the game....

Should have put them away ....I started feeling jittery when Cs could not push it to 15

« Reply #1917 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:31 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Incrdible.

I'm a huge Brad fan, and it difficult to blame him for so many missed shots from our guys, but there had to be a better plan than to just let Rozier, Brown, and Smart toss up contested 3s. He is probably the best Xs and Os coach in the league, but there's still something missing - hopefully it comes with experience.

« Reply #1918 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:31 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55

Incrdible.

Yep. Overrated is the word. Good coach but he doesn't have control of the team.

you are all mental... held the Cavs to 90 points and gort his guys wide open shots...he has nothing to do with all the misses ... like they say you can only play with the cards you got!!!

« Reply #1919 on: May 27, 2018, 11:08:43 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Rozier: 2-14  0-10 on 3's
Brown: 5-18 3-12 on 3's including a lucky bucket after it was all done.
Morris: 5-14
Smart: 1-10.

they should be fined their game pay.  no excuses for that awful of a performance.

An absolute abysmal lerformance of those 4.

A couple of makse from three from Brown and Rozier and we get this but it truly was not meant tobe.

Trade Rozier now and develop Jabari Bird.. We can't pay Rozier when his contract is up.

Brown was out done by the player he is molding his game into.. Jeff Green. Come on Cs fans... He will be a Green clone and im just about 80% right on that one.

Smart's limitations should be given a 10million contract and no more than that.